Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
if you have any suggestions of how we can make Ithaka even better in any possible way we can discuss it here guys. I cant find something else for her but you may want something that I missed

I would suggest a base for Ody and Ithaka that has threads that match the new line of 22mm mods that all have the same threads.
There are like 6 22mm mods, all from different companies, That all have the same threads. So in the spirit of getting away from the 510 connector, it would be nice if GG attys had an adapter that matched the rest.
Just a thought

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
nice idea kw but I dont make things to much on other devices except GG. And Ithaka already fits on GG in both ways as you know.:)

Third party modders can do that with no problem
I would suggest a base for Ody and Ithaka that has threads that match the new line of 22mm mods that all have the same threads.
There are like 6 22mm mods, all from different companies, That all have the same threads. So in the spirit of getting away from the 510 connector, it would be nice if GG attys had an adapter that matched the rest.
Just a thought

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
OK, I'm still having this little issue with gurgling... I get a small amount of liquid into the central air hole, and this is making me crazy. Has anyone figured out a way around this? or maybe an idea on what is causing it? or where the liquid comes from? This is happening more than I would expect. I have to either take Ithaka off of my device, and get rid of the liquid, or suck really hard for a few times on the mouthpiece to get the liquid out, or shake the whole thing like imeo said... Why is this liquid ending up in that air hole in the first place? any way to PREVENT that?
Thanks

Hi Alireza,

does your Ithaka has the center post top nut in "open position"?

when the slots of the center post top nut are in "open position" (aligned with the slots inside the ceramic cup), excess liquid will enter inside the ceramic cup and will flow through the ceramic cup slots and then through the little cuts wherein the plastic nut is screwed, to finally reach the small collector chamber, the liquid inside the small collector chamber will be eventually absorbed by the wicks (the small collector chamber is the space left between the negative plastic nut and the positive o-ring).

In fact, I think there is liquid inside the small collector chamber all the time, even if the mouthpiece is closed and there is not any excess liquid entering inside the ceramic cup, because liquid can enter the small collector chamber through the wicks itself.

So little gurgling could happen when you vape, because air enters through the center post to hit the coil (as usual), but also the liquid that is inside the small collector chamber will try to come up through the cuts inside ceramic cup / center post channels.

So you can try two things:

* Put the center post top nut in closed position.

* Leave the center post top nut in open position, but next time you change wicks, leave one of the 4 wicks a little longer (usually the 4 wicks get cutted at the positive o-ring level) and wrap that longer wick around the center post, trying to cover the litte cuts wherein the plastic nut is screwed, that way you will have the excess liquid protection feature enabled and will prevent the little gurgling.

I hope it makes sense to you, excuse me for my bad explanation. :)

gdawg

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
bangkok
hi imeo,
i m the proud owner of 3 ithakas.
i ve used just one yet n its my all day vape already.
i had gurgling issues, but i followed ur advice n tht was sorted.
one other thing was tht everytime i wasnt vaping i completely shut the juice supply which also helped with the gurgling.
another thing is tht i have leakage problems.
leakage isnt there when sit the ithaka motionless n straight.
however when it is taken from one place to another it leaks, from where the tank connects with the base.
i ve already tried shutting it tightly but it still doesnt stop.
is there something i can do.
p.s. leakage is pretty heavy!!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
no preorders yankee. And maybe it will come with GGTS batch that will come sooner.:)
Wait a minute. The SS tank will be ready at the same time as ithaka? That changes my order some. Is this a preorder? I'd rather the ss than a couple spare clears.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I thought that Ithaka was too airy glaus. Do you want even more air? I will check about it. As for precise, again I thought that it was the most presice. You can adjust it in any place with the biggest precision
the only thing i can think of is to make the air control slot bigger as to allow for more variance in the amount of air it lets in. Maybe make it more precise too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread