Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I was in fact wondering for how easy it seemed

I'll stick to the Stealth + TS extension and telescopic tube: only device I would need the collector for is the Ithaka, all my other atomizers are genesis so... ;-)

thank you :)

And since Ithaka has a 510 adapter and independent air controller you can stick with the stealth cap and be happy.

pl_svn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Italy
paolosavonuzzi.org
And since Ithaka has a 510 adapter and independent air controller you can stick with the stealth cap and be happy.

yup: in effect I was only searching for "the cleanest look" (and maybe the smallest setup) with the Ithaka
so... when is this #%&# new batch coming out? :p
(in two-three weeks, I know ;-)

MikeK0416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Mount Dora FL
a0yqnb.jpg

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
the only thing i can think of is to make the air control slot bigger as to allow for more variance in the amount of air it lets in. Maybe make it more precise too :)

For the most part, my air control is working great. The draw seems to get tight at times even if I haven't made any adjustments but usually returns to normal (strange). For me the adjustable range is perfect...from airy to fully closed, and everything in between.
I don't think opening the intake slot will increase airflow because the airflow is also limited by the hole size of the connector pin...which appears to be larger in diameter than Ody and Penelope. If your range isn't there, try a larger oring on the control ring.

The only improvements I can think of is; a larger oring at the base to prevent leaking, eliminate (or notch) the "stopper ring" on the mouthpiece. (it get's in the way of refilling through the top cap)
That's it! :)

sgehrking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
minnesota, USA
It cant be opened if you keep Ithaka's body when you adjust liquid control sq. By the way, how you adjust your liquid control? I mean witch part you keep with the other hand? I made it like this because the natural movement is to put your other hand on Ithaka's body

Most of the time I hold Ithaka body. Also some time when taking off top cap it unscrews at bottom.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
OMG: how small the Stealth actually is! :-0 :) :)

see what I was meaning? that 510 connection on the Stealth cap... doesn't look as "clean" as I'd like it to be
hhhmmm... I have to seriously reconsider TS' collector (and inner connector) now :p

get a full TS, and a stealth cap and rethreader. then you can have either one whenever you want it. Or just get a full TS and a rethreader ring. You can still use it in stealth mode with a rethreader ring and it will give you the cleaner look you want.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I've noticed that my Boba's Bounty gunks up dual coils a lot faster than it does on single coil. Not a huge deal, but I think I might look into some sort of welding option for the wires for a couple reasons.
1) It'll be much quicker and easier to make coils
2) The wire joints that I have no always seem to get in the way, especially with dual coils! I can't seem to bend the joints or anything and I always end up having to push and prod them to get them in a position where they don't interfere with my build.

Either way.. still loving Ithaka.. no problems whatsoever. No leaking, which is great because I don't even have the drainage slots open at all! Before with Ody I had some leakage from opening the mouthpiece too much (because the juice is so thick, I like the open mouthpiece) but not with Ithaka! Love it!

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
get a full TS, and a stealth cap and rethreader. then you can have either one whenever you want it. Or just get a full TS and a rethreader ring. You can still use it in stealth mode with a rethreader ring and it will give you the cleaner look you want.

Then he needs a ggts adapter to connect his genesis. My advice: if you are ONLY going to use Ithaka plus genesis for now and you want the best looks you have to get as a minimum a stealth + ggts connector + collector tank. You can take your air ring from Ithaka 510 cap and spare its price. Again this is only if won't ever use Ithaka on another mod. Now you will have an Ithaka with a collector tank always together and use it on the stealth. When you want to use Genesis you use the cap. But again are you happy with genesis only with 18350? If not you can pickup a telescope and one extension.

MikeK0416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Mount Dora FL
OMG: how small the Stealth actually is! :-0 :) :)

see what I was meaning? that 510 connection on the Stealth cap... doesn't look as "clean" as I'd like it to be
hhhmmm... I have to seriously reconsider TS' collector (and inner connector) now :p

Keep in mind I have the larger Odysseus top mounted to the plastic window (more juice)

pl_svn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Italy
paolosavonuzzi.org
Then he needs a ggts adapter to connect his genesis. My advice: if you are ONLY going to use Ithaka plus genesis for now and you want the best looks you have to get as a minimum a stealth + ggts connector + collector tank. You can take your air ring from Ithaka 510 cap and spare its price. Again this is only if won't ever use Ithaka on another mod. Now you will have an Ithaka with a collector tank always together and use it on the stealth. When you want to use Genesis you use the cap. But again are you happy with genesis only with 18350? If not you can pickup a telescope and one extension.

telescope and extension are already in my list anyway ;-)

I think I'll follow your advice and only add to my list a TS connector and collector/airflow (did I finally get it right? :p )

so I'll use Ithaka with those and my genesis (or the few times I use a carto-tank) on the Stealth's 510 cap
oh... and I would still be able, obviously, to use Ithaka on my Provari (even if... honestly... got an Ikarus hybrid three days ago and now all I use the Provari for is... battery checking :p )

oh... what's the TS fuse for? :-/

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

I think I'll follow your advice and only add to my list a TS connector and collector/airflow (did I finally get it right? :p )

so I'll use Ithaka with those and my genesis (or the few times I use a carto-tank) on the Stealth's 510 cap
oh... and I would still be able, obviously, to use Ithaka on my Provari (even if... honestly... got an Ikarus hybrid three days ago and now all I use the Provari for is... battery checking :p )

Connector + collector tank + airflow ring Or connector + collector tank without ring which forces you to always use the Ithaka on ggts or switch the ring between collector tank and Ithaka 510. I think I'm confusing u more to save few bucks. Go to first option if you feel confused and get an extra ring :D

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
telescopic mouthpiece will have 3 advantages, and one of them will be what you said River. The ability for the stopper to change position on reffiling
For the most part, my air control is working great. The draw seems to get tight at times even if I haven't made any adjustments but usually returns to normal (strange). For me the adjustable range is perfect...from airy to fully closed, and everything in between.
I don't think opening the intake slot will increase airflow because the airflow is also limited by the hole size of the connector pin...which appears to be larger in diameter than Ody and Penelope. If your range isn't there, try a larger oring on the control ring.

The only improvements I can think of is; a larger oring at the base to prevent leaking, eliminate (or notch) the "stopper ring" on the mouthpiece. (it get's in the way of refilling through the top cap)
That's it! :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thats impossible buddy. If you keep Ithaka from its body, then unscrewing the cap or adjusting the mouthpiece cant give you the result you say. The reason is that when you unscrew the cap or the mouthpiece, the base of Ithaka screws more on her body. And when you screw mouthpiece you dont keep anything, just your mod. Maybe you keep Ithaka from its base? Its too difficult to hold Ithaka from its base but maybe you do it like this for some reason
Most of the time I hold Ithaka body. Also some time when taking off top cap it unscrews at bottom.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Use my premade wires or buy a welder sub as you said.
I made my last twisted wire many months ago
I've noticed that my Boba's Bounty gunks up dual coils a lot faster than it does on single coil. Not a huge deal, but I think I might look into some sort of welding option for the wires for a couple reasons.
1) It'll be much quicker and easier to make coils
2) The wire joints that I have no always seem to get in the way, especially with dual coils! I can't seem to bend the joints or anything and I always end up having to push and prod them to get them in a position where they don't interfere with my build.

Either way.. still loving Ithaka.. no problems whatsoever. No leaking, which is great because I don't even have the drainage slots open at all! Before with Ody I had some leakage from opening the mouthpiece too much (because the juice is so thick, I like the open mouthpiece) but not with Ithaka! Love it!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
mechanical mods dont have a safety fuse in case of a short pl, thats why I made the GGTS fuse. It gets burned in case of a short and keeps you safe from battery explotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread