Not open for further replies.

Jojobo

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Northeast USA
imeo...how in the world can you get a month out of a coil? I am doing my happy dance to get 3 days on a coil. what are the ingredients in your juice? water and alcohol??? I joke but seriously...I have tried to dry burn but never get satisfactory results and I refuse to wash ...wash ... wash the wick and wires...waste of water/waste of electricity heating the water...cheaper and faster to build a new wick and wire.

more than happy to learn how you are managing 1 month coil.

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
One MONTH?! I did the tight method. Bobas just doesn't like being dry burned. I'm lucky to get 4 days. All my juices are dark and thick. :(

I was going to ask that myself. It doesn't matter what color liquid I put into it after about an hour all of them turn dark brown and then I start getting a little burnt taste as well. my coil is stable and I have tried every configuration for air and moisture. Also after the liquid turns brown I get less and less vapor even with opening and closing air and liquid. I'm getting very frustrated.:(

Jojobo

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Northeast USA
I don't have that issue dmall...something is terribly wrong if that happens after 1 hour of vaping...the more pure the ejuice, the longer I get out of the coil but I really can't get longer than 3-4 days on a coil and that is not the norm.
I DIY my all day vape as well as my secondary juice. I have made them so they are very light in color and very few ingredients but still only 3-4 days at best.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Nice move from Zen kw. But its too late now. I made my proposition when time was right but now every modder has its own threads. And changing my threads to meet other devices and make my customers spend money again is not reasonable.
To my opinion, if Zen wanted to do something nice, he could ask for a moders meeting, to find a new threading way, and not asking moders to make threads like his devices. That seems a little arogant to me if you agree

Yes he is very arrogant, but in his defense he did say that he simply would be making the thread count open source so if any other modders wanted to make attys that would fit, they could.

I'm not asking you to change your threads to match some other companies product. I'm just starting the conversation because there are already 5 or 6 new companies that just happened to use the same thread count. So it sems to me that its a good place to start since so many are already doing it.
A simple adapter for your attys would be all thats needed to make them compatible.
As you may know there are companies out there now that are making adapters so their attys fit on the GGTS and Stealth. So why should they make all the money to make their devices fit your mods when you can do it also? The GG family would surley buy from you instead of these other companies.

Please understand I am not trying to be argumentative with you, I just see the vaping community from a much wider view than you so I felt it necessary to let you know whats going on. Especially where you said lets discuss ways to make Ithaka better. :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I havent vape bobas, I vape happy liquid yankee so we have a little different results. Ok, I will let my 3 days wicks to get junked again and I will do a dry burning online to see what I mean
One MONTH?! I did the tight method. Bobas just doesn't like being dry burned. I'm lucky to get 4 days. All my juices are dark and thick. :(

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I havent keep it for one month, its just a assumption my dear Jojo. But I havent seen any other of my coils last so long, cleaned so easy and vape always the same. As I said to Yankee, I will not change my coils and after 3 days maybe I will do a video online
imeo...how in the world can you get a month out of a coil? I am doing my happy dance to get 3 days on a coil. what are the ingredients in your juice? water and alcohol??? I joke but seriously...I have tried to dry burn but never get satisfactory results and I refuse to wash ...wash ... wash the wick and wires...waste of water/waste of electricity heating the water...cheaper and faster to build a new wick and wire.

more than happy to learn how you are managing 1 month coil.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
burn taste after an hour means that something is not right dmall. Use 2 or 2,5 mm fat wicks
I was going to ask that myself. It doesn't matter what color liquid I put into it after about an hour all of them turn dark brown and then I start getting a little burnt taste as well. my coil is stable and I have tried every configuration for air and moisture. Also after the liquid turns brown I get less and less vapor even with opening and closing air and liquid. I'm getting very frustrated.:(

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
dual coils dmall? If yes, then you can put a thin 1,5mm fat wire between coiled wicks
Yeah I new something was wrong, but what? I don't know what else to do. I am verrrrrry frustrated. I have changed coils thinking I had burnt it or something but the ohms stay stable so it can't be that. Help Imeo or Bishop Please.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
kw, I understand that you have good intentions. But making threads for other mods is already done. I made Ithaka that fits on all mods with its 510 connection and it fits on GGTS too. But making threads to fit my constructions on other mods special threads is like telling to me and to my people to not trust GGTS and better try other mods. lol
Its not a money issue for me as you may know. Too many people have make money on my back and they keep doing this but I just dont care enough.
Yes he is very arrogant, but in his defense he did say that he simply would be making the thread count open source so if any other modders wanted to make attys that would fit, they could.

I'm not asking you to change your threads to match some other companies product. I'm just starting the conversation because there are already 5 or 6 new companies that just happened to use the same thread count. So it sems to me that its a good place to start since so many are already doing it.
A simple adapter for your attys would be all thats needed to make them compatible.
As you may know there are companies out there now that are making adapters so their attys fit on the GGTS and Stealth. So why should they make all the money to make their devices fit your mods when you can do it also? The GG family would surley buy from you instead of these other companies.

Please understand I am not trying to be argumentative with you, I just see the vaping community from a much wider view than you so I felt it necessary to let you know whats going on. Especially where you said lets discuss ways to make Ithaka better. :)

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
........................anyone?

First I want to say that Ithaka vapes like a (moist) dream! :laugh:

But, I have not been able to refill without flooding. Up until today I've been satisfied with just filling to the edge of the top tube and with that only have a small amount of flooding. Today I refilled fully and when I put my top cap on, half of my tank flooded out. I close juice control and air control. I have even gone to a thicker 60pg/40vg mix with the same issue. My basic feeding is barely exposed but it has to be that right? Any advice is appreciated as I would love to be able to use Ithaka's capacity.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Every time Imeo. If I only fill to the top tube then flooding is minimal but today I tried twice filling completely and when I put the small cap on, I literally lost half my tank. Even though I only have BF barely open, I think I will try it fully closed because that is the only route for the juice to be traveling right?

Jojobo

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Northeast USA
River, I posted about this myself a couple of pages back and got the feeling it was just me.

I fill to the top tube as well. I gave up on trying to fill after putting the 1st larger cap on.
I do know a had one day that the post had loosened up and I was unaware of it and 1/2 the tank peed out.
I was unscrewing the ithaka from the mod without loosening from the battery 1st and I think that loosens the post a bit. Now, I make sure that I loosen the battery part of the mod and back off the ithaka post 1st and then unscrew the ithaka from the mod. I do the same when putting the ithaka on the mod. better to put ithaka on the mod and raise the mod post to the ithaka post. I hope that makes sense and I am not just rambling.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The only route is the center post River. But its impossible for so much liquid to go inside center post even if no wick exists on channels!
Every time Imeo. If I only fill to the top tube then flooding is minimal but today I tried twice filling completely and when I put the small cap on, I literally lost half my tank. Even though I only have BF barely open, I think I will try it fully closed because that is the only route for the juice to be traveling right?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I have to second Imeo's suggestion above. I had 3 or 4 tank-fulls with no leaking (basic feeding fully open on one channel), then I got a little leaking on the next refill and a lot on the one after. When I tore it down to rebuild I discovered the center post was really loose. I tightened it up really tight when I re-coiled it and haven't had any other leaks, so maybe yours is loose?

I don't know why this would cause it to leak, but it was the only thing I found different between when it leaked and when it didn't

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
........................anyone?

Is the center post top nut in open position?

Maybe the liquid is entering into the ceramic cup through the ceramic cuts and center pin top nut, when you fill the tank to tis full capacity, liquid will try to level, if liquid can freely travel into the small collector chamber and center post top nut is in open position, liquid will flood the ceramic cup, I think.

Try this:
* Leave the center post top nut in open position, but next time you change wicks, leave one of the 4 wicks a little longer (usually the 4 wicks get cutted at the positive o-ring level) and wrap that longer wick around the center post, trying to cover the litte cuts wherein the plastic nut is screwed, that way you will have the excess liquid protection feature enabled and will prevent the little gurgling.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/335107-ithaka-official-196.html#post9507791

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread