Status
Not open for further replies.

pl_svn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Italy
paolosavonuzzi.org
mechanical mods dont have a safety fuse in case of a short pl, thats why I made the GGTS fuse. It gets burned in case of a short and keeps you safe from battery explotion

yes, sure Imeo, I know but... I don't understand the difference between the fuse and the "axis" (the latter being, btw, the same found in Stealths too)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
axis is a simple metal pl. Fuse is the same metal but it has 3 more parts inside it. The spring, the plastic insulator and the metal pin that makes contact with battery
yes, sure Imeo, I know but... I don't understand the difference between the fuse and the "axis" (the latter being, btw, the same found in Stealths too)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Thats impossible buddy. If you keep Ithaka from its body, then unscrewing the cap or adjusting the mouthpiece cant give you the result you say. The reason is that when you unscrew the cap or the mouthpiece, the base of Ithaka screws more on her body. And when you screw mouthpiece you dont keep anything, just your mod. Maybe you keep Ithaka from its base? Its too difficult to hold Ithaka from its base but maybe you do it like this for some reason

Imeo it used to happen with me when I have the 510 base on. When it happened I look at my thumb and I see it reaching only the base. Now I hold the whole body. Its just a matter of being more careful what you hold and with time it becomes a habit.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Sub,

I just got my TSAF+ in and it makes a big difference with making coils. They are much much smaller joins, cleaner builds, fits easier in the rebuildables and I should no longer have issues with jumping ohms since I no longer have kanthal going down the metal channel which if it moved would change my ohms.

I now fit more wraps in my build, approximately 2 inches of kanthal worth is about 7 wraps, and comes out perfect to 1.5 or 1.6 of 30 gauge kanthal A-1. I definitely noticed a difference in quality of vape as well with the extra wraps. Before I had about the same ohms but fewer wraps because of the twisted join and kanthal going down the metal channel.

Edit: Also, I didn't think my rebuildables would get better, but having joined wires is the icing on the cake for me.

I've noticed that my Boba's Bounty gunks up dual coils a lot faster than it does on single coil. Not a huge deal, but I think I might look into some sort of welding option for the wires for a couple reasons.
1) It'll be much quicker and easier to make coils
2) The wire joints that I have no always seem to get in the way, especially with dual coils! I can't seem to bend the joints or anything and I always end up having to push and prod them to get them in a position where they don't interfere with my build.

Either way.. still loving Ithaka.. no problems whatsoever. No leaking, which is great because I don't even have the drainage slots open at all! Before with Ody I had some leakage from opening the mouthpiece too much (because the juice is so thick, I like the open mouthpiece) but not with Ithaka! Love it!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I understand aal. Maybe you keep the base because you fear that you have to keep it but that way you make things difficult without a reason. Keeping body is the natural and easy movement too:)
Imeo it used to happen with me when I have the 510 base on. When it happened I look at my thumb and I see it reaching only the base. Now I hold the whole body. Its just a matter of being more careful what you hold and with time it becomes a habit.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
thats true long, thats why I made premade wires. No hassle, exellent joins
Sub,

I just got my TSAF+ in and it makes a big difference with making coils. They are much much smaller joins, cleaner builds, fits easier in the rebuildables and I should no longer have issues with jumping ohms since I no longer have kanthal going down the metal channel which if it moved would change my ohms.

I now fit more wraps in my build, approximately 2 inches of kanthal worth is about 7 wraps, and comes out perfect to 1.5 or 1.6 of 30 gauge kanthal A-1. I definitely noticed a difference in quality of vape as well with the extra wraps. Before I had about the same ohms but fewer wraps because of the twisted join and kanthal going down the metal channel.

Edit: Also, I didn't think my rebuildables would get better, but having joined wires is the icing on the cake for me.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will send the steel windows with GGTS batch or with Ithaka batch evil. GGTS batch will come sooner than Ithaka, so please keep an eye on "GG official announsments" thread to be informed about shipping dates
May i know when can we purchase the Steel window?

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Imeo,

ZEN is creating a new series of his products. He is publishing the thread count so any modders can make attys that have large threads to fit on his devices. Also the other 5 or 6 mods I mentioned yesterday are already using the same threads.
So I'm sure back when you tried to get them to follow and do this the industry was very different than it is now. Many modders today are open to these new ideas.

I believe if you and Zen were to start doing this, everybody would follow. Your GG customers (myself included) will always buy your attys to go on our TS', but it would be very nice if we could use some forward thinking and start to change the high end mod industry to universally move away from the 510.

ooxol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Mexico
i need help its the sixth coil i make on my ithaka and i cant take a long draw whitout tasting dry (3 seconds) im using 3.5mm with a thread removed silika from cov the last working coil i used a 3mm fiber glass but im confident its not the wick the coil its no to tight or to lose and the ohms are stable i know it has to breake down the wick but its not getting any better any ideas thanks...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Nice move from Zen kw. But its too late now. I made my proposition when time was right but now every modder has its own threads. And changing my threads to meet other devices and make my customers spend money again is not reasonable.
To my opinion, if Zen wanted to do something nice, he could ask for a moders meeting, to find a new threading way, and not asking moders to make threads like his devices. That seems a little arogant to me if you agree
Imeo,

ZEN is creating a new series of his products. He is publishing the thread count so any modders can make attys that have large threads to fit on his devices. Also the other 5 or 6 mods I mentioned yesterday are already using the same threads.
So I'm sure back when you tried to get them to follow and do this the industry was very different than it is now. Many modders today are open to these new ideas.

I believe if you and Zen were to start doing this, everybody would follow. Your GG customers (myself included) will always buy your attys to go on our TS', but it would be very nice if we could use some forward thinking and start to change the high end mod industry to universally move away from the 510.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
An update of tight wires around wicks on Ithaka:

Smoke after 3 days is great, dry burning is much easier and the hit is exellent. The junk on wicks is much less and I believe that this way we can keep our coils alive for at least one month. We will forget to make coils lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
remove one more strand and you will be ok oox.
i need help its the sixth coil i make on my ithaka and i cant take a long draw whitout tasting dry (3 seconds) im using 3.5mm with a thread removed silika from cov the last working coil i used a 3mm fiber glass but im confident its not the wick the coil its no to tight or to lose and the ohms are stable i know it has to breake down the wick but its not getting any better any ideas thanks...

pl_svn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Italy
paolosavonuzzi.org
To my opinion, if Zen wanted to do something nice, he could ask for a moders meeting, to find a new threading way

with all the respect I do have for Zen... yes: now that he begins making and selling single components instead of hybrids, plublishing *his* threads sounds... suspicious, at least :-(

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
An update of tight wires around wicks on Ithaka:

Smoke after 3 days is great, dry burning is much easier and the hit is exellent. The junk on wicks is much less and I believe that this way we can keep our coils alive for at least one month. We will forget to make coils lol

One MONTH?! I did the tight method. Bobas just doesn't like being dry burned. I'm lucky to get 4 days. All my juices are dark and thick. :(

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
First I want to say that Ithaka vapes like a (moist) dream! :laugh:

But, I have not been able to refill without flooding. Up until today I've been satisfied with just filling to the edge of the top tube and with that only have a small amount of flooding. Today I refilled fully and when I put my top cap on, half of my tank flooded out. I close juice control and air control. I have even gone to a thicker 60pg/40vg mix with the same issue. My basic feeding is barely exposed but it has to be that right? Any advice is appreciated as I would love to be able to use Ithaka's capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread