Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Your problem is that you dont have a problem Cloud! I like that buddy:)
I've been using dual welded 0.6x1.0 with 32awg Nickel NR (1.5Ω each)

In an "X" wick setup:

Works fantastic. Only issue I've had is that it's lasting too long, I don't want to tear it up till it needs it but want to tinker... I think this setup has been going for about 4 weeks now and not showing signs of needing to be rebuilt yet.

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
Imeo, when will COV get their order (our Pre-orders) in? Please don't forget to send my center post. I can't wait much longer to use my ithaka! Seeing everyone's comments is driving me crazy. I think I could probably get this one to do something but am afraid to use that crooked center post and mess up something else. Thanks

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
how do you join the ribbon to the nr wire? one of those zapper units? if yes where can you get one?

sorry if off topic.

You can still use the twisting method with the ribbon kanthal, it turns out quite nicely. There is a huge thread about the wire welder. Although I'm sure someone can better direct you in regards to procuring one.

gtbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Cape Coral,Florida
For ribbon kanthal, do you guys use the same ohm rating for the coils as you would for regular wire? I'm gonna order some from CoV when the Ithaka steel window replacements come in.. excited to try dual coils with ribbon! Sounds awesome.

I've only done 1 single and 1 dual coil and yes using the same ohm's and loving them both. I also am using eckowool with both and all great so far.

Lentulusbatiatus

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Wakefield
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Krog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Florida
these guys still havent provided tracking nor has it arrived 15 days later

I know how you feel buddy. I paid for my zapper on 6/6/13 and sent about 20 emails until I finally got a tracking # on 6/18 and then it finally arrived on 6/24 to me in Florida but then the damn thing didn't work. Now I'm back to sending emails everyday trying to get the issue resolved. He did contact me asking me to try different things to get it to work but nothing helped and I haven't seen a spark yet! He finally told me that he was gonna send another one out to me but that was about 4 days ago and I haven't heard back from him. I know I am half way around the world but damn, no communication at all! I have bought several things from Vassilis at esmokeguru and I just wish all dealers were as good to their customers as he is but that's obviously not the case. Sorry for the rant guys, just frustrated with this

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Krog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Florida
Oh yea, forgot to mention that prior to actually paying for the zapper I only had to send one email saying I wanted to purchase one and got a Paypal invoice right away but now that they have my money and I have a zapper that's DOA I get no responses. Ok I'll stop now, thanks for listening, I feel better now.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
So have they shipped to cov yet?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No word from anything? Its very sad that COV closed most the threads having to do with GG. No more GG talk and no way to ask this there. I was going to just post, but Im afraid of starting something that some of the people with grudges will get carried away.

I know Im probably asking for trouble posting this but hopefully either someone will reply with something helpful and not angry:)

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Oh yea, forgot to mention that prior to actually paying for the zapper I only had to send one email saying I wanted to purchase one and got a Paypal invoice right away but now that they have my money and I have a zapper that's DOA I get no responses. Ok I'll stop now, thanks for listening, I feel better now.

I would just dispute it if I were you, that will make them take you seriously

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Wow that sucks about the zapper.. Sorry to hear that. I can't recommend the Tsaf enough.. It took Manolis 2 weeks to make it for me (I knew that from the get go so it wasn't a big deal) but he was very helpful and nice, responded to emails promptly.. And it worked right off the bat, just an awesome little device!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Bruce will receive them in about 1 week or less depending on customs buddy:)
Imeo, when will COV get their order (our Pre-orders) in? Please don't forget to send my center post. I can't wait much longer to use my ithaka! Seeing everyone's comments is driving me crazy. I think I could probably get this one to do something but am afraid to use that crooked center post and mess up something else. Thanks

Lentulusbatiatus

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Wakefield
these guys still havent provided tracking nor has it arrived 15 days later
I supply the zapper for juice kitchen, message me with your details and i'll look into it.

Stew at juice kitchen as been away all week, because of this there were no more orders taken for a week. All previous orders were sent out the week before, I know because I send them. He as told me there as been 1 mishap with an order to US but nothing more.

Lentulusbatiatus

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Wakefield
My last email yesterday said they have till Monday to contact me, send tracking, or for it to arrive or I will dispute, still no answer

But it was delivered on the 26th, the office was closed which was the delivery address. Not sure how postal service works over there but we get a card posted and have to go collect the package from out local post office.
It cannot be helped if there's nobody to collect the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread