Not open for further replies.

utal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2011
Lisbon, Portugal
kitemania.com.pt
Agree with you!

GGTS reminds me those car prototypes where we see a dream machine with cool designs, but we never see them on real cars. GGTS is a "prototype" cigar for me and I love the look and all those "simple" ingenious functions. I only use GGTS to power my atties and the look/design matters to me too. Dunno if a thinner aty look good on GGTS, but with Proteus or something new from Imeo to power the atty would be great. It's just awful to use my Penelope on Ego batteries to make the design more satisfactory.

19mm or even thinner? bad news for ggts owners i guess. Personally I prefer the ggts diameter

Smislow

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Croatia
I am glad DL that you feel that way. :)

I have one question for all of you for one more time. I am thinking of making Ithaka thinner. What I was thinking is to let her take almost the same amount of liquid but to make it at 19mm or even thinner. Of course the ceramic housing has to be thinner too. The ceramic housing has to go thinner than Penelope's one but the space for wire inside ceramic will stay the same as Penelope's. Also I have a nice thought to avoid easy overflooding on Ithaka

So what do you think about reducing the width? It will not be a match on GGTS any more

Most of the 18650 mods are 22mm wide. So I would keep it that wide, 22mm. As with ceramic housing, if it can be made slimmer, you gain on liquid capacity, so it is good.

And how one can possibly grab one when it hits a market?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
by preorders Smis. That way noone will lose the sales of Ithaka
Most of the 18650 mods are 22mm wide. So I would keep it that wide, 22mm. As with ceramic housing, if it can be made slimmer, you gain on liquid capacity, so it is good.

And how one can possibly grab one when it hits a market?

joe2web

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2012
Europe
Hello Imeo,

for me, Ithaka can stay as you've designed the atomizer at your first review. So that fits perfectly GGTS.

But: I've been thinking about your thoughts, that you want produce Ithaka with smaller diameter..., and finally, I remember of the discussion in P & P thread, but maybe - please correct me if I do wrong - this has brought up the idea to you for creating the new atomizer to a new battery mod, which fits especially 17xxx batteries..., so a complete new dimension????

if this was your idea, then I would agree!

But this are only my thoughts, and so forget this lines immediately when I was wrong.., I'm almost be sure that I was wrong.. or??

lg
Joe

otrem

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Iligan City, Philippines
if we can use ithaka mouthpiece and ithaka filling caps in the ody., then ody can also have improvements like increased
tank capacity while maintaining the size that i(we) love.

ithaka's normal feeding slots, i think, can cause gurgling after filling/refilling. i think.
i solved my refilling gurgle on ody and pene by sealing the part between the rebuildable lockring and the base.
my thoughts...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
there is no problem with gurgling when refilling otrem because in real batch I will make the slots in a way that only the metal slot of the ceramic housing will meet the cuts of the new piece that adjust the basic feeding. That way no liquid will go inside ceramic via ceramic's ears.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would really like Ithaka to be the same width as a GGTS. I don't have a GGTS but I was wanting to get one for Ithaka. You already have a thinner version it's the Penelope, so this one should be the replacement for Odysseus and be the same size as GGTS. But that's just my opinion.

MemphisRib

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Memphis, TN
To respond to you question, Imeo, my hope is that the ceramic does not go smaller than the Penelope ceramic. I get best result from twisting two wires together, and 7 coils seems to be an absolute max to fit in the ceramic. The total resistance I am getting is 1.2 no matter what I do, but a smaller ceramic would push that so low that I would have to stop dual-twisting. Which would suck, but I am just one guy.

Just my thoughts.

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
GGTS is the crown jewel of the e cig market. That's how most of us here got here I believe. It didn't take me long to research and find this loving family who supports Imeo and his creations and all the supporters of the product.

For me there was nothing out there that could meet my expectations of vaping until I got my GGTS and UFS.

Now Ive given up on attys and cartos and am all about RBA's and ODY and Penny have brought me so much good vape.

IMO there is nothing sexier than an Iatty,Ody, or a UfS sitting atop the greatest mod ever, GGTS. Penny shines on TS but the lines don't make me Shout from the rooftop. One day Proteus below Penny will.

So, after thinking a lot about your amazing creations Imeo, I believe Ithaka should be the new mate of GGTS.

But will defer to you on this as you are the genius behind the best vape I've found. Cheers to Imeo whatever he decides.

Chris

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
So, my friend, is this what you were teasing me with as "... will be able to do what Ody does and more of course ..."? If so, you have my attention! This looks simply amazing, and while I don't fully understand how it works—even after watching your video four times, I'm still not sure how the slotted ring around the ceramic housing and the mouthpiece work together; they both seem to be juice flow controls (?)—but no matter. If you make it, I want it! Still, I still can't imagine how you are going to improve on my beloved Penelopes ... they are such elegant ladies, and such seductive vapers.

Oh, and as to size ... I rather like the size of the Penelope. I'm not fortunate enough to own a GGTS, so the larger Ody form factor is not as appealing to me, but my Penelopes look quite sleek and grand on my Provari and my Kicked Legacy ... I was even hoping that the Ithaka would take the same ceramic as the Penelope. It is ample in size, and I have no trouble wrapping any kind of coil I like in that space. Smaller would be a problem, I think ...

I eagerly look forward to the pre-order for the Ithaka ... I certainly don't want to miss out on this!! Thank you, my friend ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread