It's my new addiction! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivors Mom

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Texas
Hey... new to the forum and to vaping and I'm so glad I found this place!

I've been vaping 16 days now and I love it! I was a smoker for 38 years and never thought I'd find anything that would help me put it down for good. I have! My most serious effort was almost 3 years ago when I stopped for 3 months with the help of the nicotine patch, but it was HARD. Then my son was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and given the death sentence so, needless to say I picked up my smokes. No, it didn't change a thing but I couldn't deal with one more little stress such a not smoking. Next month will be 3 years since he was first diagnosed and 30 months since he was given 6 to 24 months to live. His oncologist said he's just a few months away from declaring him a miracle because he's now been in remission 21 months!!!

That said... I'm in such a better place emotionally now and with my employer deciding to start taking an extra $30 a month from their smoking employees (not obese people, not heavy drinkers, not those addicted to RX meds... just smokers), I've decided the time is right. I had decided on the patch again but after talking to a gal I work with that uses an e-cig I changed my mind and went this route. Soooooo glad I did! It covers all the "addictions" I have with smoking and I've not one time thought "just one more cigarette". :2cool:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Oh my, what an inspiring story!

Without going into details and hogging bandwidth, let me just say that I know exactly what you were and are going through. Thankfully, my bride of 42 years is still with us after a very similar prognosis (four years out with total remission, brain cancer).

This vaping 'thing' has truly been an 'icing' blessing on top of all the others!!!

Vape on and with joy!

Survivors Mom

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Texas
Thanks Dagar. Isn't it amazing?! Who would have ever thought you could put down cigarettes and never look back. I certainly never did. The few times I've tried it was just a constant struggle mentally and I cheated every time (obviously). I'm just stunned this time! Congrats to you and your hubby!

Atamis Pirate... I'm actually making plans to set up my own little DIY "lab". I've been reading lots about it here in the forum and I can't wait to get started with my new hobby of making my own liquids. Been needing a new hobby... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread