I've been doing it wrong all this time(for cotton users).

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I feel so stupid and ashamed that it boggles my mind but I'm baring my idiocy in the scant hope that it may help someone with equally deficient mental capacity. Ok, I'm ready.....I can do this.
I twirl my cotton wick to a fine enough point that I can insert it into my micro-coil. Being right-handed, I just naturally insert it from the right side, snip off the twirled end, and then trim the fuzzy end on the side opposite the drain hole. Then I fluff up as best as I can the twirled end to increase its absorbancy.
I was on my skidder today performing my menial tasks while my mind wandered and it occurred to me--if you feed the wick in from left to right, the fluffy stuff will be right there at the hole. It'll soak up the juice really good.
I'll be leaving now. I'm pretty sure I'm the only vaper in the world to whom this hadn't already been obvious.
But I was just hoping.....hoping that there was a chance I wasn't.:)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
:lol: :lol: I will share your shame. Ha. Actually, I always thread my wicks from right to left as well. And I'll admit that sometimes the "fluffiest" side is away from the squonk hole. BUT...unless your wick is a little too thick, both sides should be about the same. But after you pointed it out, I can see the logic of threading it through the opposite way so that the fluffy part that hasn't been twisted...or not as much...falls over the squonk hole. I will mend my ways. :lol:

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If you got with the times Roger, you'd make a nano-coil, wrapped around an eyelash and just stuff cotton all the way around and underneath it, never have to thread it again! ;)

Incidentally, i have ruined every cotton wick i ever used in a matter of hours, so it never occurred to me which way to thread it, since they all had the lifespan of a mayfly.

T

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Thank you. :)
I thought if even one person came forward, I would feel less of a tard.

Make that 2. :blush: Oh wait....Mine have been made for me.
embarassed1.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread