I've gone "Mid-Grade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
I started with Blu and Prosmoke setups with the intention of quitting completely. After realizing how much I actually enjoyed vaping, I decided to go in the other direction and, today, I received my first "mid-grade" setup.

eGo Twist 650mah and a Vivi Nova from AltSmoke. Wow! What a difference - I'm completely blown away. The flavor, the warmth, the vapor...absolutely amazing compared to the minis. Have a 1000mah Twist arriving tomorrow and a very long wish list of other components. So THIS is what everyone has been talking about! :)

egotwistvivinova.jpg

-Mimi-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
here, there and everywhere
I started with this exact set up. I am already wanting to move on up after 2 weeks lol This set up works great for me but I want to see what all the hype is for the other models. BTW - There is a "cone" that you can get for the gap between your battery and tank to give it a smoother look. https://www.litecigusa.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGO3.5mlSScone

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Last edited:

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Blu and Prosmoke - wow - me too - I moved to KGO 1100mah - then to YJ - and then to a pass through (which i use at work - as of TODAY)...........CE2s are still my fav..........CE4s second - CE3 and vivi still waiting to be tested - I think I will now rest a bit with spending money - except on juice............oh yes and I started DIY - rewicking and recoiling (need to get a good solder iron, some lead free solder and NR wire from Radio shack - for recoiling CE2s) - and lastly have a fresh supply of DIY flavors which God knows when I will time to mix....it is a mad hobby I tell ya........but I love it..........6 months into it - I am still ahead money wise vs analogs - and lets not forget the money I spend is not ash - most of it should last another 8-10 months - except the juice............vape on

chloe2t

Nov 13, 2012
ocala,fl
I'm too new to vaping to even know what grade or set-up i really have,lol. However, I know that feeling of "wow" with something better. Knowing no vapers and not knowing anything at all, I started with metro e-cigs. I was using a powerstrip to hold four batteries. Even those were better than the cigs!

Now that I have this, I'm wondering how fast I'm going to be upgrading.... it's been about 9 days since the metro....

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
lol, it does look like a bobblehead, but hey, I'm using the regular sized VN on my EgoVV 14500. You might want to consider getting a sleeve cone (type C for regular VN D for the mini). Doesn't matter if it's mid-grade or not as long as it gets you off those stinkies. Vape On! :vapor:

eGo Steel Sleeve Cone (Type C / Type D) [F-D7 DC TypeCD] - $2.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Definitely getting a sleeve - it's on the list.

I'm basically looking at building three setups for myself. The one pictured will be my office rig. The 1000mah battery arriving tomorrow will be for home use with a bigger Nova. Then I'm thinking about a 400mah carto setup for when I go out and don't want to carry a large rig around. Lots of research and work ahead, but I'm very happy with my first step so far! And no leaks at all - I'm loving that.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I like mine that is like that except its a glass tank on a ego vv. I like the straight cylinder over the threads rather than the flanged looking one myself. I even use my 3 mil tank on th 400 mah mini ego. Why? Because I can throw it in my purses and it looks great. The battery is in my hand. I the tanks are the pretty part. This has been a good hobby

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm in mid-grade world too, but just got back from the vape shop and was using their Provari.

WANT!!!

Got one finally and am not sorry I did. But you got to remember. It's a battery. Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes. It supplies power to the delivery device to provide the vape. (Blows nose). But it's so wonderful. (Sobs as I admit it don't do nothing....................................a cheap POS does) If you ever get one you won't regret it. If nothing else it's a self-defense weapon. LOL Built like a brick and feels about as heavy. Whoops did I post that out loud. Was suppose to be a inside post guess it came out. :rickroll:

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
I started with this exact set up. I am already wanting to move on up after 2 weeks lol This set up works great for me but I want to see what all the hype is for the other models. BTW - There is a "cone" that you can get for the gap between your battery and tank to give it a smoother look. https://www.litecigusa.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGO3.5mlSScone

soooo true... must... resist.. add to cart button. i do however want to give it a bit of time though. #1 is to determine my juice delivery choice which is most likely going to be 3-4 more novas which i already have 2 of. novas are so easy to fill/clean/maintain and have a nice clean flavor once you get the ick flavor ran out of it or give it a good everclear bath before use. I tried cartos and they have a funky but strong flavor and you are always anticipating the 'oh crap its dry' moment. dcts are cool but same funky flavor and get annoying to deal with leaking/dripping from bottom too much hassle vs benefit for me (disclaimer: this is my opinion, others may disagree with me lol).

To the OP: congrats on the purchase. not much the twists cant do in comparison to the cheaper mods... realistic differences, higher voltage/amps to handle the grunt with high ohm or dual coil attys/cartos, a fancy display, being able to read resistance on devices, and longer battery life on a mod. lots of people with provaris say twists are a great backup or away from home battery though.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
soooo true... must... resist.. add to cart button.

LOL! That button is EVIL :evil:

Speaking of buttons, I'm so used to automatic batteries that I've forgotten to hit the fire button a few times :oops:

When the GF got home and saw it she was like W-T-F?! I had to explain. She's looking for one herself now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread