Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
if someone did manage to actually nail the formula it could cut Ben's business in half/shut him down and a lot of us who prefer not to make our own liquids would be up crap creek without a paddle.

No way this would ever happen.

Even if, for some cosmic reason, and someone just happens to nail the recipe 100% (very unlikely), those who do not mix their own juices would have more sources to purchase this juice than ever. Think about it. If the real recipe was truly leaked, I would bet money on nearly every juice vendor stocking the juice, as it is one of the best selling juices ever to be created in the U.S.

I have supported AV for over a year. I use to buy 100mls, monthly. Due to lack of stock, and personal problems on their side (which I can sympathize) my choices have become severely limited. I chose to DIY because ultimately, it's the cheapest route. If someone actually comes up with something at least close to the recipe, I am all for it 100%.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Ben was actually hospitalized for his heart a few weeks ago. They have had some issues getting the supplies for Bobas Bounty and GJ and have been dealing with a move and having to restock all of their juices. You might want to actually take the time to read the AVE juice thread on the forums before making incorrect assumptions.I can assure you that they are communicating with their customers and are open for business.

Im sorry if that sounds a bit harsh but this a great company with great juice and awesome customer service and Id like to think that if the unthinkable ever happens and they do shut down that Ben cares enough about the community to release the recipe himself. Until then Im going to continue supporting them any way I can.
Actually, your assumptions are incorrect. I have read their threads, and I do know pretty much all that has been going on publicly with AVE for a long time. You sounding a bit harsh? No, and I wouldn't care either way. Are you sounding off-base? Absolutely.
I have ordered from AVE several times, and I have no fight here. Being hospitalized really stinks for Ben, but that had absolutely nothing to do with their delayed move without a word for an extended period of time. Since then, BB and GJ have been almost non-existent. Flavoring being hard to get? Kind of hard to believe they could or would not have secured a supplier by now. That is silly business. However, it is not MY business, so I don't care.
This being stated, I still feel this would not affect their business one percent, as the products are still MIA. Just checked again, yep. Still out of stock and has been for a while. How can you affect something that isn't even available?
Did this stop Morphy from sourcing some AlienVapors knockoff? Nope. Did they affect AVE's business? I don't think Morphy thought they were having any huge effect.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
This thread has taken a very strange left hand turn!
First, any human being is worth more than all the ejuice in the world. I'm sorry Ben has been ill and I truly wish him all the best. Personally, I doubt that having an exact duplicate of his recipe would effect his business at all. For every DIY person out there (like me), there are a thousand customers waiting to buy his BB. Hell, the vaporcast boys gave away the recipe for their best juice before they even opened their store and I believe that they're very successful!

I have a hypothetical: Suppose you knew for a fact that BB was made from exactly 4 ingredients. W,X,Y and Z. You also knew that flavoring was exactly 20% of the mixture. You would have to test over 65,000 test batches to have Boba's Bounty!! So, what people are really asking is "Do you have a recipe for something similar to Boba's Bounty.
IMO, that is not a threat to someone's business or financial well being. It's an attempt to find something you like and want to make and nothing more.

So. let's leave the people looking for that perfect clone of whatever to themselves and let them continue enjoying their hobby

PS. Anybody have a recipe for the perfect Snickerdoodle? :vapor:

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Or you could just support a great company and buy it :).I totally understand the need and the desire to d.i.y.I do all my own construction and mechanical work but this concerns me because if someone did manage to actually nail the formula it could cut Ben's business in half/shut him down and a lot of us who prefer not to make our own liquids would be up crap creek without a paddle.

I don't agree. If that were true, then you could say that ALL people who DIY are in the process of shutting down juice vendors.

Keep in mind, there are millions and millions of people who will never DIY, it takes time, practice, space, experimentation. The ratio of DIYers to people who buy juice is probably quite small.

The logic in your statement just doesn't work. We could also say that people making their own wicks and wrapping their own coils are putting hardware vendors out of business then, too. :)

All that said, IMHO people are successful because of many things. I'm sure AVE will come up with many more wonderful juices, and so will 100s of other juice vendors. It's what they do. I am not the least bit worried that most of the very popular juice mixers are "one hit wonders". If they have the talent to make 1 or 2 very popular juices, then they can probably make 1 or 2 more. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread