Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Seems like a Bad idea.

Ahahahahahahhaahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klever, you! :thumbs:

Happy B-Day, whoever you are that has a B-Day today and we know who you are and we're singing and eating KAKE and rabble rousing!!!!!!!!

But Gneezie, you may be right. MIGHT be a BAD idea!!!!!!! :lol:

Let's sing.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Ha - this reminds me of a conference I went to in the USA quite a few years ago. I was talking to a guy who was a head of department in a University and he was telling me about the problems that occur with tenured academics (you can't fire them!). He had an ancient member of staff who said to him that the only way he was leaving was feet first. "I'm from the Bronx" he told me "I could arrange it" :lol:

I have actually driven through the Bronx - rather quickly :)

The Bronx is not that bad.

You just have to know who you're talking to.

I thought the Bronx was awesome when I encountered it. I would live in NYC honestly, only it truly is the city that never sleeps, I had dreadful insomnia my whole visit. No um, horses heads in my bed, I mean closet or anything, but NYC is da Bomb.

I just literally would go insane if I visited. Oddly, many NYC friends of mine when I was working in East Baltimore in the late 90s, well, I would take them on a tour of Baltimore After Dark, and it was amazing how many of them cried out, "OMG, take me home.... We're going to get KILLED."

The house I used to live in was in the Riot Zone back East that last big riot. Our street and everything. I'm glad I moved, I don't like riots, although we have had 3 assassins in our neighborhood get nabbed by the cops. I am ALWAYS polite to my neighbors, even the one who is clearly insane.... He keeps taking his daughter target practicing in our shared wash.

There is a target practice location less than a two minute drive away.... I haven't worked up the courage to point that out, not because he's so scary, but he's so incoherent. I'd wind up trapped, talking about extraterrestrial life for the next two hours....

Anna

You're friends must have been from Manhattan.

Me, I'm from the City of Churches.

No. Really. Hand to God.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The Bronx is not that bad.

The Bronx isn't only not bad, it's awesome. Besides the meals unparalleled, it's the home of a "Kinda-sorta-OK-maybe" group of memories than some of us will carry with us through life (haters gonna hate!). :)

My wall tells me this is true ('scuse the Marino).

20180128_153218.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Happy B-Day, whoever you are that has a B-Day today and we know who you are and we're singing and eating KAKE and rabble rousing!!!!!!!!

But Gneezie, you may be right. MIGHT be a BAD idea!!!!!!! :lol:
Thanks for the stealthy birthday wishes. I'm assuming they were for me. ;)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Si, senor. One never knows how a person feels about that, so... :)
Well, Kat and I happen to be Facebook friends and of course Facebook announces to your friends when your birthday is. Not a big deal at all to me.

It's now official. I can now sing this song.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well, Kat and I happen to be Facebook friends and of course Facebook announces to your friends when you birthday is. Not a big deal at all to me.

Gotcha (and yes, of course)!

It can be shut off (this, I know). My true friends know to avoid mentioning it on FB each year. It doesn't always work (because it only takes one slip), but it's gotten better over the years.

Hope you had a decent birthday, Bad. Yes, we were thinking of you. Glad you popped in to solve the riddle too.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I used to go visit kiddo's at the school across from Pamlico raceway. It was pretty scary, and a janitor told me to never leave "after hours" because I might get shot. By a student. It was an elementary school, if I'm recalling correctly.

Some of the "instruction" was pretty, ahem, interesting a well. That's how I ended up putting my kiddo in a private Catholic school... That school was his catchment area. I think I saw like 3 kids there that weren't black, the entire time. Also, given the "instruction," well there was no way... I would have sold blood plasma if I needed to, although I did have fun wandering around the Hopkins area and finding interesting places.... My particular site at Hopkins was "off" their grounds and I wasn't really freaked out until Spring arrived and everyone vacated the abandoned buildings in my area... It was like a roach swarm.

My methadone clients were pretty rough but they never really scared me, it was the addicts I didn't know that were scary, but fortunately by then I had a few clients who were willing to walk me to my car if it got late. They were definitely better than Security.

I can't imagine Baltimore has gotten worse, but I can't imagine it being better. I loved my Baltimore house, even though dead bodies were routinely dumped in the park across the street from my house, well, we ventured there during the daytime.

I will say living where I did and working where I did, I never found the Wire that compelling. I was more like "Meh, seen it, done it...."

I will say, I will take a house in a "poor" neighborhood than a "condo" in a rich one, which were basically my two choices. My neighbors were all actually awesome. They loved us despite our pale hue because I bought the neighborhood "House of Ill repute" and rehabbed it. My son's best friend was also about 2 years older with ADHD and lived next door. I finally made my husband teach him how to punch BACK (his mom was in agreement, LOL). But, meh, with the right attitude, nothing is really that terrifying.

Some family members didn't care to join us. LOL. My BIL once drove over to our house, had a car breakdown, then a LIFE meltdown. You just blend into the scenery after a while. I will say the places I've lived have been really eye opening (good and bad) but (aside from riots) I kinda miss my old abode.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, NY cleaned up its act. It's also not a border city like Baltimore actually is (port) or Tucson (the tiny bit of wall we have so far is costing us a LOT in medical bills, when I worked in a regular hospital for a brief stint, border agents brought in "injuries from the wall" and they usually had to stay some time before being "well" enough to be returned. On our Federal dime I might add.

I thought Berlin taught us walls were BS? Guess not. But, in any case, border cities are just harder to clean up when you have fresh influxes of new folks and prohibited items arriving all the time.

I do got to give the nod to NY city and how they cleaned up their act though. It's nice to know it can be done.... :)

Anna

ETA: I am going to stop being off topic now. Apologies. :)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Well, Kat and I happen to be Facebook friends and of course Facebook announces to your friends when your birthday is. Not a big deal at all to me.

It's now official. I can now sing this song.

And now, dear one, I will OFFICIALLY wish you a VERY Happy and Official Birthday!!!!

Great voice, ya got there, Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread