Status
Not open for further replies.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I had been playing around with temp control before my last Jac died. Resumed my experiments when I got the Sandstorm and I think I’ve really figured out a combo that is working great. After a few days I went to rewick and found that I’m not getting the same sort of coil gunk either, my adv usually gunks up significantly after a few days. Definitely sticking with this combo, Sandstorm + Prime, 26g SS316 3mm x 8 spaced, 390* F 25w.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
8 months. Went to swap a fresh battery in and it would no longer turn on. Jac Vapour was kind enough to replace it even though I was outside the warranty period.

JAC Vapor has ALWAYS and invariably impressed me with their CS. You just raised the bar on that admiration, Rain, and I am even more impressed now.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
JAC Vapor has ALWAYS and invariably impressed me with their CS. You just raised the bar on that admiration, Rain, and I am even more impressed now.
I’m impressed too. I was very surprised (and grateful) that I was offered repair/replace when I reached out to them. I’m enjoying this version of it even more than the first one I had.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
8 months. Went to swap a fresh battery in and it would no longer turn on. Jac Vapour was kind enough to replace it even though I was outside the warranty period.
Didn't an Erlkonigin take a dump on that mod? Or have I got you confused with someone?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
They really are a great company, almost worry free ownership with them.
It was probably the board that failed. Your mod making friend could put in a new one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I’m not going to lie, thinking about that it had an eliquid disaster months ago kind of makes me feel terrible. Ultimately it was probably my fault. If they had asked any of those sorts of questions I would have answered honestly and accepted if they chose not to replace it. I feel very lucky and grateful at any rate.

Now if only I could REALLY figure out temp control. It was working fantastic in the configuration I listed earlier but then started hitting the temp protected warning every hit. I can’t figure out why, I haven’t changed anything. Back to the drawing board.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I’m not going to lie, thinking about that it had an eliquid disaster months ago kind of makes me feel terrible. Ultimately it was probably my fault. If they had asked any of those sorts of questions I would have answered honestly and accepted if they chose not to replace it. I feel very lucky and grateful at any rate.

Now if only I could REALLY figure out temp control. It was working fantastic in the configuration I listed earlier but then started hitting the temp protected warning every hit. I can’t figure out why, I haven’t changed anything. Back to the drawing board.

My understanding is that is the idea. You vape and the machine hits it max temperature. Then only enough Wattage is delivered to the coil to "nearly" maintain that temperature with a small fluctuation up and down. Flashing "Temperature Protected" means the device is working as it is set up.
I could easily defer to some more knowledgeable than I.

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
I can see the wattage bouncing around to maintain temp and that gives a good vape. When it flashes temp protect I can feel it cut out completely. Turning the temp up to 420-430 seems to have solved the issue.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
How do I save what I'm currently vaping at to a profile?
My Jac is currently set to 1.07Ω, 375F, and 10.0W with SS wire.

Hook it up to EScribe and download your setting to the program. There is a radio button called "Save Profile", hit it. A dialogue will come up to name it, give it some really catchy like "CMD-KY". It is then saved and you can load it at will. Now, I have never found a way to change profiles on the JAC itself without using the buttons. Maybe someone can chime in.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I just downloaded escribe, manual, and interactive guide. I guess I'd better go thru it, as I've been avoiding doing so.

You will do fine with this program, it is pretty straight forward and there is a re-set button up top, reset to default. I had to use it once when I messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread