JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
IMAG0008.jpg Well iv'e joint the JAC club, Had to wait a couple weeks for new stock, As I'm used to using crickets v2s pleased that there the same hight, Must say what a sm000000th vape, Thought the watts must be wrong but no,
Best buy for a long while, Thanks to the posters here with the positives.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
And maybe I'm crazy on this part, it could be in my head because I don't really get why the power source would have anything to do with it, but I could swear I'm getting a more consistent, smoother vape. I wonder if that has to do with the power control being more accurate and precise on this device. Otherwise it must be my imagination.

I suspect that's the case, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the physics of it.

The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

The Different Types of Power In E-Cigs

The consistent delivery was the major selling point for provari. Then evolv came along, reproducing the smooth power with increased wattages.

I agree with the above. I used Provari's for a number of reasons, but one of its infamous features was the SMOOTH vape it produced. Not everyone noticed it who tried using one. It was subtle, but noticable. I stopped using my Provari's when my style moved on to higher wattage.

When I got the JAC, that old familiar "smoothness" of a Provari vape was present, and I was a happy camper. I believe this is the result of the superior DNA chipset.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

I don't know if the Goby has an unfiltered output or not. I'd be a little skeptical of that being the cause in the difference, it sounds a little like saying you can tell the difference in light produced by an incandescent bulb between AC and DC. But at a low frequency like 33 Hz, then maybe?

There's definitely a difference there though. Maybe that's part of it, but I would still guess that part of it is just a matter of how precise that regulation is. Say the Goby does have an unfiltered output. Are the widths of the individual pulses going to be exactly the same, every time? If there's some variation then the temperature of the coil could vary through the duration of the puff and produce something that isn't as smooth.

I do think it's funny in that thread that some people were saying it was all a bunch of BS, that there's no way you'd be able to tell a difference. It makes sense to me that the way power is delivered can affect the quality of the vape. If I had a scope maybe I'd set up my own test to see what's really going on. It would be fascinating to explore.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I used Provari's for a number of reasons, but one of its infamous features was the SMOOTH vape it produced. Not everyone noticed it who tried using one. It was subtle, but noticable. I stopped using my Provari's when my style moved on to higher wattage.

When I got the JAC, that old familiar "smoothness" of a Provari vape was present, and I was a happy camper. I believe this is the result of the superior DNA chipset.

I remember those discussions fondly! Most threads back in the earlier days of the Provari talked about higher frequencies in the PWM circuit that produced a smooth sizzle instead of popping and crackling. Provari was an 800hz vape. Many mods in those days ran at 33hz or 66hz. Faster is better.

My Brushed Stainless Provari V2 from 2011 still works and looks like new, although I don't use it as much as the newer mods I've acquired.

Last edited:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I think I'm buying one. Tips? The sandstorm finish? Etc.
The black one was on sale but I don't know if it still is. The sandstorm I believe is wider at the top so it will accommodate a wider atomizer (24 mm vs 22, I think?)

Tips? I don't know if I've had mine long enough to have anything good. You can lock the wattage adjustment by holding down the +/- buttons for 3 seconds so you don't accidentally crank up the watts while it's in your pocket. That's nice.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I'm hoping I'll be able to operate it, I think so. I've been reading the thread... for a while.
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You've mentioned a fine motor tremor I know. You have a big fire button at the top and then the +/- buttons which are sort of a single button that tilts right or left, or you can push it in to lock the wattage as I said. So you're not having to push little tiny buttons to operate it. Other than that to change settings and whatnot I think you just use the computer program from Evolv.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nah I was just seeking info on which one to get. I'm thinking the sandstorm, I have quite a few mods that will only take 22 mm. I hear the finish is better.

I'm hoping I'll be able to operate it, I think so. I've been reading the thread... for a while.
Anna, unless you are partial to the black color, I suggest that you go with the sandstorm. My first JAC was the black, and the rubberized paint finish was not resistant to simple scratches. I've read that JAC Vapour is using a different paint finish now, but I personally can not confirm that.

My sandstorm is way more resistant to simple scratches. It has a brushed metal alloy finish, and I'm thinking if I did get some scratches on it a little super fine sand paper action might smooth out the scratches.

The sandstorm's top and botton has a thin lip extension to accomodate a 25mm tank. I've used the 22mm Crown tanks on it and it looks fine. The lip on the bottom gives the entire mod additional stability when you stand it upright so that it is less likely to tip over. That's an added plus for me.

DSC_1213.jpg

So the main differences between the black and sandstorm is the finish and the lip extensions on the sandstorm.

You'll have no problems operating the basic functions of the JAC. I haven't even bothered with Escribe yet.

19485375_jacvapour-series-b-dna75-25mm-mod_t81354d85.jpg

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was toying with the idea of ordering a JAC DNA75 until a member offered me a too good to refuse deal on one of his barely used Hcigar DNA75 Nano mods. He had black, red, and grey, but didn't care for black mods. Lucky me. It looks and works like new and performs admirably.

@Baditude, I like the DNA firmware. I haven't downloaded Escribe yet, either. I spent about 2 hours playing with the Hcigar and figured out everything I needed to know to vape at 10W in power mode or TC mode.

Last edited:

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
I think I'm buying one. Tips? The sandstorm finish? Etc.

Anna
Anna - go with the sandstorm. You have tanks in your rotation larger than 22mm. You'll enjoy the JAC. Sign up for an account, put a JAC in your cart and then wait. You'll receive an email in a few days with a 10% off. Wait a few more days and the coupon will be for 20% off. Pull the trigger then.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Anna - go with the sandstorm. You have tanks in your rotation larger than 22mm. You'll enjoy the JAC. Sign up for an account, put a JAC in your cart and then wait. You'll receive an email in a few days with a 10% off. Wait a few more days and the coupon will be for 20% off. Pull the trigger then.
You folks are just bad news for my wallet. :D

I'll give this a try and will order a 'sandstorm' if I can get the second 20% off coupon.

I haven't even used a non-squonk mod in months, but trying to justify this by saying most of my standard mods are duel battery. True, but I do have some single battery mods too, lol.

It's a beautiful looking mod and folks here seem to like it (evidently), so I guess one can't go wrong, lol.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It's in my cart, I will wait for the code (the Sandstorm). LOL I can wait. :)

Anna
I just did the same thing Anna.

Created an account, added the sandstorm to the cart, and the wait begins. :)

I really would like to have one of these, seems like a very well-liked mod. But it's not a must have for me. So if the coupon code goes through at 20%, I'll pull the trigger as well.

Thanks for the info on the cart/wait for coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread