JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
Portugal
I like the big Hastur so much I decided to pickup the mini to sit in the black JAC from my local shop while I wait for the Doggystyle and Pocket coming from 3fvape.

Here's the "Don't talk to me or my son ever again" picture

G7FaNaw.jpg

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I like the big Hastur so much I decided to pickup the mini to sit in the black JAC from my local shop while I wait for the Doggystyle and Pocket coming from 3fvape.

Here's the "Don't talk to me or my son ever again" picture

G7FaNaw.jpg

I really like the full size Hastur, just got 2 mini’s this week, find them disappointing compared to the full size Hastur.

My Jac is in time out now, the finish has flaked off pretty bad now and I like my mods looking pretty, I could wrap it, but I am a picker and know I would pick it off in a week.

In the process of trying to sell my house, so most of my Vape stuff been packed up, but when this is over, might pick up one of them sandstorm Jac’s :)

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
    Portugal
    Is it just me but after watching the Spain/Portugal game vaping with the 25 JAC the palm of hand feels sore from the bottom lip of device, tried facing it the other way but button activates before you get to your lips to vape, have to figure this out.

I dropped mine, thankfully on the carpet. God I age 10 years each time we play like this. What a game

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    He had black, red, and grey, but didn't care for black mods. Lucky me. It looks and works like new and performs admirably.

I think he actually loves black mods, but regardless, he's thrilled it's working with no external effort yet. :D:thumbs:

I prefer my JACs in the smaller variety ("pocketability"), but like all things vape, these decisions are personal ones.

Wrapped & happy, Jackies & moi.

JACs_20180615_191720.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I think he actually loves black mods, but regardless, he's thrilled it's working with no external effort yet. :D:thumbs:

I prefer my JACs in the smaller variety ("pocketability"), but like all things vape, these decisions are personal ones.

Wrapped & happy, Jackies & moi.

View attachment 748691

It's working great. I've mostly vaped it in power mode. I switched over to TC mode for a while and it works there, too. First time it burps I'll take it apart and try the star washer fix. I'd like to see the intermittent issue before I go inside it. I was taught early on in my technical career, "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It".

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I was taught early on in my technical career, "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It".
    I subscribed to that thinking for many years. But as I age I find it's not so easy to contort my body into some of the places I need to go to fix stuff (like under the car). So if I'm going to be in an uncomfortable place I always ask myself if there is anything else I can fix while I'm there.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I have. Been to Hartford once and Danbury once. I believe Hartford is the only town in CT that doesnt end in bury.

I live in a "Ford" (Stam...), and there are some "Stavens" (East Haven, West Haven), and a few other tinies...

We're only about as big as a postage stamp, donchaknow. :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    We stole your hockey team.

I never did thank you for that, just by the way.

I used to live 8 miles from where they played (I served a four year sentence in Rocky Hill, CT). After spending most of my life attending sporting events at Madison Square Garden, I was amazed and appalled at the level of boredom sitting through a Whalers game.

Some ladies even brought their knitting needles and such. I kid you not.

:facepalm:

Nice place to take a nap though, I reckon.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I subscribed to that thinking for many years. But as I age I find it's not so easy to contort my body into some of the places I need to go to fix stuff (like under the car). So if I'm going to be in an uncomfortable place I always ask myself if there is anything else I can fix while I'm there.

In my job I had the benefit of on-board diagnostics and error logs to use in troubleshooting. If there were hits in common trouble locations we'd dig in, run I/O diagnostics, and find out why.

I agree with you. If you are already into it, fix what's broke before you crawl out! My luck, it would require a trip to the auto parts store and more crawling. Sometimes, you need to see the symptoms before you start changing parts, though.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    It's working great. I've mostly vaped it in power mode. I switched over to TC mode for a while and it works there, too. First time it burps I'll take it apart and try the star washer fix. I'd like to see the intermittent issue before I go inside it. I was taught early on in my technical career, "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It".

What is the "star washer fix"? I missed it and search only brought up your post.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    In my job I had the benefit of on-board diagnostics and error logs to use in troubleshooting. If there were hits in common trouble locations we'd dig in, run I/O diagnostics, and find out why.

I agree with you. If you are already into it, fix what's broke before you crawl out! My luck, it would require a trip to the auto parts store and more crawling.
    Saw a birthday card once. An old lady bent over to the floor. picking up something she dropped. The caption says, "I wonder if there is anything else I can find while I'm down here".

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY

I recently crawled under the truck to grease the drive shat U-bolts. I gave everything a good lookover, same reason. At seventy-three, that is not a tip-toe through the tulips.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    What is the "star washer fix"? I missed it and search only brought up your post.

Some of the wiring connections in the Hcigar DNA75 that connect to the DNA board are just fastened with machine screws and a flat washer. They work loose over time and intermittent issues arise. Some may have not been tightened properly in manufacturing. Star washers dig into the underside of the screw head and the board connection, prevent the screw from backing out, create more reliable connections, and solve the problem.

Manufacturing tried to save a few pennies in the assembly line, and left the end user with a potentially intermittent DNA mod, kind of like one of those shake and glow flashlights.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread