JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
I wonder if the 23mm is a typo. Maybe it will turn out that they do not make a 23mm after all?

I was wondering exactly the same because the information so far is mix and very confusing, for example checking one review at youtube it shows the back of the box where the mod comes in and it shows the sandstorm on 25mm AND 22mm (yes 22mm not 23mm) then you go to JV website and shows the sandstorm size more like the mod can acommodate tanks FROM 23mm TO 25mm not like is two different options. Pictures of the 2 examples below;
Screenshot_20180818-150840_YouTube.jpg
20180818_151036.jpg

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
Update:

Got a very short email from Jac Vapour customer service and the resolution is the same as they gave me last Saturday:

Refuse the package and wait until they got it back in order to get my full refund back.

So management did nothing new.

Absolutely not mention about their website lack of communication and information.

I dont know why I am a little upsted as I know is probably the only resolution, maybe because I am down more than $250 Canadian dollares who knows for how many weeks.

I gave them this thread so at least they are aware I am not the only one surprise by the issue of not information about the 23mm size of the sandstorm mod and I sincerely hope nobody else do the mistake I did.

Last edited:

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
Update 2:

Got and email from customer service manager
Basically is MY FAULT because when I ordered it stated CLEARLY I am ordering the 23mm....again size that is not information whasoever on their website. So resolution is what I mentioned above not accept and return package.

So if I miss the delivery because nobody is at home and they do the delivery into my mail box I am out of luck because I am going to have to pay for the return....great.

Again I pointed them to the direction of this thread because apparently the issue is customer fault and not their lack of information.

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
Update 3:

After explaining the issue as a customer I received a second email from management.

They are now aware of the information conflict and working with the web team to fix the issue.

They are getting a new batch of 25mm soon (hopefully this week) and they will send me the sandstorm 25mm as soon as they get them.

And finally if for any reason I have to pay for the return of the 23mm they will refund me the cost.

Overall I am happy with this resolution, I edited my first post as my issue I believe has been resolved. :)

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
@Colombia Glad it seems to have worked out though I know it sucks to have frustration like this taint what seems to be a wonderful mod. I've been following closely as the 75w Sandstorm caught my eye. I haven't cared about a regulated mod since I stopped using Provaris and picked up the Billet Box. My mains are one Billet Box rev4 and squonkers. The only tanks I still have are the Spheroid v4, Prometey and a few O-16 tank clones.

At first I thought I would want the 22mm version but now that I've looked and thought out tank options, the 25mm makes more sense. Anyone have insight that might have both and the pros and cons?

I'll need to find a tank methinks - The Vapefly Galaxies MTL RTA looks promising.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Colombia
At first I thought I would want the 22mm version but now that I've looked and thought out tank options, the 25mm makes more sense. Anyone have insight that might have both and the pros and cons?
I have both. They both perform exactly the same. Main difference is the 25mm can accomodate a larger tank, and the Sandstorm finish is more durable against scratches. The slightly larger surface area on the bottom of the Sandstorm makes it more stable if set down in the upright position.

I put a Vaporskinz protective wrap on my black 22mm because its rubberized paint surface was getting scraped up. The wrap has a leather-like pebble grain texture, which I enjoy very much, and I prefer the Crown tank over the Aero Mesh tank, so it gets picked more often than my Sandstorm. I have an original Crown tank on the black 22mm. Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

I have a 25mm Geekvape Aero Mesh tank on the Sandstorm. This tank's coils require a higher wattage than I normally use. I prefer 30 watts, but the Aero Mesh coils work best between 60 - 90 watts. Lower wattage settings are not that pleasing to me with these coils.

I really recommend either version, with the 25mm Sandstorm getting the nod over the 22mm black because of its more durable finish. Hope the above helps.

Last edited:

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
@MsLoud as @Baditude mentioned is just the top diameter size difference to acommodate larger tanks.

However please note that the black 22mm is discontinued and now the only available sizes are 23mm and 25mm both on sandstorm finish.

The 25mm is out of stock and they will be getting new batch soon (maybe this week).

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I'm so use to short atties (drippers on squonkers) that even my Spheroid seems cumbersome on anything but the JM16 that it resides on now and forever. Gone are all my Kayfuns but I feel even those would overwhelm the sleekness of the Jac. I remember seeing a short tank that was a 2ml capacity that may work. MTL is what I enjoy nowadays. Of course, it needs to be a rebuildable. I'm not much on drop-in coils except for the Aspire BBV in my BB for the occasions when I'm feeling lazy.
Thank you for the feedback @Baditude . I read through your review of the Jac and that lead me here and to other YT reviews. That's what changed my mind on the 22 vs 25. Even if I use a 22mm atty, I can throw on a beauty ring.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Oooo 23mm you say? What an odd size, ya? I think I need to select at least a tank or 2 before deciding on 23 or 25mm Jac. If i can live with the 23mm then that may just be perfect. I like a smidgen of room between the atty and the edge of the mod if I chose a 16/18mm tank with beauty ring.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
And there's the "me", who pretty much digs anything "22". What can I say? :blush:

I've got both, and like them both. My two (wrapped) 22's remain my most used mods by far, and they take a daily beating from me. I do love them so. :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Update 3:

After explaining the issue as a customer I received a second email from management.

They are now aware of the information conflict and working with the web team to fix the issue.

They are getting a new batch of 25mm soon (hopefully this week) and they will send me the sandstorm 25mm as soon as they get them.

And finally if for any reason I have to pay for the return of the 23mm they will refund me the cost.

Overall I am happy with this resolution, I edited my first post as my issue I believe has been resolved. :)

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Kolor me diskombobulated, Columbia, but you said that the black 22mm is discontinued? Perhaps I'm just too tired to navigate my way round the JV site, but I see the black 22 as "out of stock".

I sure wish all this info had total klarity.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This sounds similar to the issues we had with the HCIGAR VT75 Nano. It was common with that mod, but this is the first I've seen of it with a JAC.

With the former though, there was a noticeable change in the vape, so it may or may not be related (uncertain, I).

I must have fixed it on my Hcigar DNA75 when I took it all apart, burnished the connections, and re-assembled it! :)

I see resistance rise on heated coils and a move back toward original resistance as they cool (when I don't lock cold resistance). Hot coils change resistance between hot and cold. Thermal expansion is the basis of coils used in TC mode. I know someone is going to require validation ... so it's below. :)

What Happens to Metal When Heated?
When metal is heated, the atoms begin to vibrate. This increased motion causes the atoms to move farther apart. When the atoms move farther apart, the metal expands. This tendency for metals to expand when heated is called thermal expansion.

Last edited:

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Hello everyone,

Just heads up to all of you that are not aware that is a 23mm size of the sandstorm.

I ordered couple of this Sandstorm mods yesterday. This morning I was checking my email and realized the confirmation email shows:

SERIES-B DNA 75W 23mm - Sandstorm

23mm!!!! I got super confused because I need the 25mm.

Tried to look at the website and is no information at all about the 23mm size.

Talked with the amazing customer service (chat) and well.....the 25mm is out of stock and yes now they are aware that is not information about this 23mm size on their site.

Order is already shipped and my only option will be return the package to UK from my pocket to be refund or exchange when the 25mm is available. Hope the manager can help me out on Monday....sigh* little dissapointed.

Seriously is not information or at least choose option from 25mm to 23mm when you place your order.

I don't like that. Like you said, the Sandstorm is 25mm and there is no information about a 23mm on their site. How can you order something that's not listed?

Disappointed? I'd be totally bs!

Keep us posted on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread