Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So how durable is the black finish on the new ones?

My understanding (and I think someone may have posted somewhere in all THIS too) is that it's a pretty big step up from the original (which isn't difficult since that was so bad). I don't know how that compares to other mods though. I'm sure nobody would confuse it with Zen's ZenKote, but it might still be decent.

Both of mine (original versions) are still perfect but have been in VaporSkinz from day one.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Deja Vu all over again.

My Sandstorm Jacs are in Stamford.

I blame you Longo.

LOL! Yeah. Things have a habit of getting "stuck" here for a few days on their way in from overseas.

Rumors that I have good friends at the PO are greatly exaggerated. I never touched it! I swear!!!

;) :D

Those fingerprints aren't mine. :lol:

Are we back in motion yet, JWB?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m really aggravated. My wife and daughter were both home and neither heard the mailman knock on the door to deliver my new sandstorm. They left a slip which I signed and left in the mailbox so will hopefully get it tomorrow.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I’m really aggravated. My wife and daughter were both home and neither heard the mailman knock on the door to deliver my new sandstorm. They left a slip which I signed and left in the mailbox so will hopefully get it tomorrow.

That is the WORST feeling in this vapin' world!!! :(

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    IDK I bet killing one off feels pretty awful too. Not that I am TRYING.

Foolish children no priorities.

To be fair though I had NO CLUE MAIL DRIVERS could move as fast as they do now in COVID days.. They will set up EVERYTHIGN (including the card) and tap gently and sweetly with their left index knuckle and like LEAP in their vehicles and peel rubber getting away, it's possible she/he may have not knocked at ALL.

I wouldn't put it past them. But they don't give you much time to walk more than 3 steps to the door and it had better be UNLOCKED and even then they might win.

So hopefully it is there tomorrow!
    Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    The mailman didn’t try to redeliver it today. I signed the slip and left it in the mailbox. Maybe tomorrow.

upload_2020-6-16_22-20-14.jpeg

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    So they were in the mailbox.

The Sandstorms have a different finish, sort of a brushed Ti metal finish, nothing grippy about them.

It’s not the greatest finish, if one is being honest, but it’s okay for an inexpensive dna mod.

Checked the operation. They are in the stash now.

I like the Black finish a bit more, but it’s nice to have another color option.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I don't know what the heck is going on with mine. I signed the slip and left it in the mailbox for the mailman and it was gone the next day. I also went online and submitted a redelivery request but they still haven't delivered it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have informed delivery but don't get texts. I'll look and figure out how to do that.

Maybe sign up for text alerts.

I swear it gets things moving and you have a record of what is going on.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Really tempted to get one.. but wife would be so mad if I did. I did just have a 7 year vapeversary that came and went(even I forgot about it). Maybe I'll get this in the fall when money is more fluid.

At first I didn't know if I wanted to spend the money on one but found a friend on ecf had a brand new one and bought it. It's a 25mm sandstorm. I bought a black when they came out and also a reconditioned 23mm sandstorm that's like brand new. This will make my fourth one if I ever get it.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    @hittman for some over 18 years of age items signing the slip is not enough. They require your driver's license and the slip in front of them. They are probably holding it at your post office for now, before they return it. I have noticed this happens more with overseas items (Europe) they are not labelled any differently. I suggest you stop by ASAP. It doesn't matter if you don't have the slip just tell them your name and address and they will be able to retrieve it. You could call I guess but I would suggest going there.
    Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    If it's not there today when I get home then I'll do something different. The slip they left said sign the back and put it in the mailbox and they would redeliver it. Hasn't happened yet and I'm getting a little antsy that they might return it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread