Janty Dura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Even if you're right Trog, it's numbers that will be important for reputation. I don't have a Fogger so I can't say anything about it. A few people on the forum have mentioned early deaths with them now so it's starting to look like a trend.

Trends have more weight than individual voices, safety in numbers etc.

I just report my own experiences with different sellers and products. To be honest I don't think it matters if I get special treatment or not, the overall numbers reporting particular experiences are what will be remembered.

One or two excellent or bad experiences can be discounted, many mean something.

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
sorry, i know i'm butting in on this little conversation but i don't care. heh

while i think there's some truth in what trog said (forum "celebrities" get special treatment...and I see nothing wrong with that) i have to say that kate is correct as well. i've read more stories about overly helpful and courteous suppliers from forum "non-celebrities" than I have the likes of Kate and TB.

most of the reputable suppliers on this forum are good for their word. they don't cut people short because their not "popular" but they won't hesitate to give a little extra to an extremely helpful contributor to the forum.

::stepping off soapbox now::

Foxy

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
to be fair to janty they did kinda suggest the mini fogger wasnt exactly meant to last for ever.. hence my gerald ratner joke..

but it does show the power of a brand name thow.. people expected it to be something it was never intended to be...

the dura (durable) should be better... i think the mini fogger was just a Christmas stop gap so to speak..

trog

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
My experience is very limited Frankie. I've used a Janty Kissbox, Sedansa Diva, DSE901, Ruyan 'Bling' ecigar, RN4072 classic and an ecig.com epipe.

In my opinion, the best atomisers are the Janty and Sedansa ones. The best battery that I've used is the epipe, followed by the ecigar one that can also be used in the Janty USB cable. For quality of experience I rate manual switches very highly, the only one I've used is the Janty one.

I don't have a Screwdriver so can't compare.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Now this is really interesting. Which ones are THE best in your experience? I do hope it´s not the SD :D

Sorry to disappoint you Frankie, but for all round reliability and longevity, in my experience, it's the SD. Coming up fast on the outside lane is the EVO. But how do you measure reliability? My SD has gone through a few atomisers as I expected, but the batteries are still original. I've not had the EVO long enough, 1 month to make a judgement, but the batteries are still fine as is the atomiser.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
kate not wishing to debate overly much but does it never occur to u that forum celebrities (important people) get better than normal service..

u are a forum celebrity.. your words carry lots of weight..

do janty look after u and people like TB a little better than they do the average joe.. ???

TB is now posting over in the american forum.. he has his own slot in the dutch one.. TB is important so are u.. does it not occur to u that janty know this.. ??

it figures to me they do.. some firms dont use forums to sell their products some do.. janty quite clearly do..

but is it simple coincidence that "names" all get good "service" and the whinges come from elsewhere..

like it or nor kate u are now a forum "name".. u are no longer the average customer..

trog

As one who has absolutely no celebrity status and no connection at all to Janty, I can offer my recent experience with them. I ordered a mini fogger, and like others here, it quickly died. First, they sent me a replacement battery, no questions asked. When that did not do the trick, I proposed that they replace my mini fogger with the Dura when it is ready to be shipped. I had already spent more than the cost of the Dura, having ordered extra cartridges as well. Janty agreed to that and said they would ship my Dura on the first day it was available. As a virtual nobody where e smoking, this forum, and Janty are concerned; I was impressed with their desire to make me happy. They did, and that kind of service will gain my loyalty.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I'd like a Janty or Sedansa atomiser on an epipe battery (or equivalent) with a durable manual switch, the 901 atomisers aren't as good in my experience.

I'm hoping that next year someone will come up with a combination of good quality atomisers, batteries and switches. It should cover a year's upkeep for £170 or less ... by that I mean a years replacements on warranty or something that is durable and will last that long (I can hope :rolleyes:).

Regarding Janty's customer service, I can't prove this but I have a feeling that we are all treated much the same whoever we are. Harry is a little bit slow at responding to email sometimes but he doesn't disappoint when it comes to making good on faulty products. Jeff at Janty USA provides great service for all from what I can tell.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
First, they sent me a replacement battery, no questions asked. When that did not do the trick, I proposed that they replace my mini fogger with the Dura when it is ready to be shipped. I had already spent more than the cost of the Dura, having ordered extra cartridges as well. Janty agreed to that and said they would ship my Dura on the first day it was available. As a virtual nobody where e smoking, this forum, and Janty are concerned; I was impressed with their desire to make me happy. They did, and that kind of service will gain my loyalty.
They did WHAT?? Wow, must be a bad charm for me or what. I waited for almost a week hoping to get a simple e-mail reply telling me where to send the dead parts and what exactly to send (some components might be working even if the cig as a whole does not...). Nothing. Zilch. Dead maildrop of a P.O.Box company sellind lose-weight-in-5-days pills that moved to another town as far as I can see. So I just sent them the whole thing back to sort what is faulty and what has to be replaced. Will wait for another week or so and tell you more.
But seeing your location, we might be talking about two competely different customers services. In the USA they might be more obliging to their customers due to higher customer protection over there.

PeteMcArthur: Generally I measure reliability in time elapsed before the product stops working. Whatever the faulty component is, especially if there are only two really in an e-cig. In that aspect SD´s life span is 2 weeks, because that is the recommended time before replacing half of the cig, the atomizer, on your own cost.

I also believe in warranty as a marker for reliability (you do not guarantee a bad product, or you lose money in repairs), but only if the vendor does not use various sleaze tricks like "you do not have original packaging, the warranty is void" (quite popular with lowlife vendors in Slovakia due to sh*tty customer protection law) or "this bug is dead, can´t you see? We might contact you sometime, don´t worry." or other of the myriad delay/refuse tactics.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
In that aspect SD´s life span is 2 weeks, because that is the recommended time before replacing half of the cig, the atomizer, on your own cost.

u are full of sh-t frankie your printer runs out of ink in a week so it lasts a week.. an atomizer is a cheap piece of chinese disposable stuff just like the carts are and the fluid..

we say an average of two weeks if u wish to maintain maximum performance.. u could make the bloody thing last for six months if u like..

its seems our honesty simply enables the likes of u to troll.. two weeks my .....

trog

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
I get the impression the screwdriver battery itself would last for much longer than two weeks. I have a homemade battery pack and that has lasted several weeks without even being soldered and enclosed properly.
If you are looking at the SD as a stand-alone e-cig, it's 100% not. While i don't think trogs comparison of a printer to an e-cig is valid, the atomizer is made in china by a completely different company and trog has no control over this. My guess is the SD would probably last a year or more based on the simple technology at work in the thing. Buy the SD as a battery upgrade for your current 901, it's probably 5-10x better than the lithium ion batteries that come with a 901 (which is the whole point of the screwdriver).

Bottom line: trogs screwdriver will last as long as a flashlight, because basically that's what it is. It's a flashlight that drives an atomizer instead of a small lamp, a worthy product in this era of e-cig technology. People praise janty for innovation but i could implement a manual switch and a usb connector into an e-cig battery (actually i've already done both these things myself with a soldering iron). At this point we are still dealing with extremely simple electronic circuits, nothing like you would find in more complex electronics.

I see the next generation of e-cigs being a lot like the EVO, just small improvements in microchip programming that lead to better performance all-around.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
If a seller will only offer a 30 day warranty as do the 2 UK sellers that i get my hardware from (there is No warranty on juice or Carts) then that is how long i expect them to last.
If i got one DOA then i would send it back instantly but when they die after a week or two then there's no point as the hassle of finding the receipt, packing it up,taking it to the Post Office and then paying to send it back and waiting for it to be returned would be happening at least once a month (between 2 sellers) and i hav'nt got the patience.
Whenever i buy ANYTHING on the Internet i never spend more than i can afford to lose.
I'm not about to send to send £100 to Holland on the off chance that i might be buying something that is worth it.
I don't mind sending a something Duff back but i object to having to pay to do it. If they are so sure that their goods are A1 then they should send a stamped addressed packet for returns.
But their not A1 and they know it. (I'm talking about Janty here)

Last edited:

Chuffer

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2008
New York State
As Leaford pointed out in a previous thread, the e-cig industry seems to be formed into two groups: companies with low prices and little or no warranty, and companies with higher prices and better warranties and customer service. Until recently, in both cases, there seems to be a significant fail rate with components, with the higher-priced companies figuring that the cost of issuing free replacements is offset by the higher initial prices. Perhaps though we are now seeing the next stage of growth in this industry: the premium companies stressing quality and reliability (and fewer returns). I am hoping the EVO and the Dura are steps in this direction--I've ordered both, and will report back.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
They did WHAT?? Wow, must be a bad charm for me or what. I waited for almost a week hoping to get a simple e-mail reply telling me where to send the dead parts and what exactly to send (some components might be working even if the cig as a whole does not...). Nothing. Zilch. Dead maildrop of a P.O.Box company sellind lose-weight-in-5-days pills that moved to another town as far as I can see. So I just sent them the whole thing back to sort what is faulty and what has to be replaced. Will wait for another week or so and tell you more.
But seeing your location, we might be talking about two competely different customers services. In the USA they might be more obliging to their customers due to higher customer protection over there.

We are talking different reps, no doubt. Jeff is the dealer that I ordered from, and as you can see from the many positive interactions with him on this forum, he is fantastic. It is, after all, the individuals in charge of service that make or break the company. Jeff answers all emails quickly and works hard to maintain Janty's reputation. I don't believe my country is particularly aware of e cigarettes and not sure that they would provide any more protection than other countries. Perhaps, you could circumvent by going to JantyShop or Janty USA and explaining your situation to them. They might be able to point you in the right direction if they are unable to directly help. From all that I have seen and heard, Janty is a respectable company who is very image conscious and wants to build customer confidence. Keep in mind that they are on holiday until Jan. 4, so you might not get a response until after that.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Trog: OK, if you are only talking about the Chinese flashlight casing into which Chinese batteries are inserted and the home-made threads for screwing in the atomizer, then the flashlight will probably last for years. Comparing it to the printer, juice would be the ink, atomizer would be the printer head, batteries would be the motor for moving paper and the Screwdriver would be the plastic case in which the ink catridge and the motor are placed in. I think that when your printer head fails, you do not take it as just a consumable. The plastic body of the printer never fails without being physically damaged by an outside force, though, so all computer printers have virtually unlimited life-span in your logic.

And I think you are far from being honest. Especially as a seller of one of the most expensive devices on the market with no warranty as far as I know.

sherid: Thanks for the tip, but I think I should deal with the shop I bought from, and, what´s more important, I already physically sent the faulty goods to them.

deewal: Receipt? Ouch. I sort of knew something would go wrong. A catch of some sort. I do not think I have any receipt for the Mini Fogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread