Status
Not open for further replies.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Now that really looks innovative!. And its got a joystick! Initial pricing at Janty is around $142.00, though. But who nows, it might be worth it! And hopefully, it may drop in price upon release.

The customizable voltage/wattage profiles could be perfect for the Pyrex/Hybrid wick we're working on in another thread. I just wonder if that Mid atomizer they are including is proprietary and if other devices will work on it.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Now that really looks innovative!. And its got a joystick! Initial pricing at Janty is around $142.00, though. But who nows, it might be worth it! And hopefully, it may drop in price upon release.

The customizable voltage/wattage profiles could be perfect for the Pyrex/Hybrid wick we're working on in another thread. I just wonder if that Mid atomizer they are including is proprietary and if other devices will work on it.

I didn't notice the mid atomizer. It does look innovative! Very cool I thought. Has more features than the eVic. I'm just wondering about the batteries - what they are, what mah etc. And whether a larger single batt could be used.

These new pvs seem to me more like electronic cigarettes, if you know what I mean. They look like an "electronic" cig, in a techy sense.

I'll be interested to see test results. pbusardos vids will be of epic length with so much to review...

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Id be really careful to buy this device until everyone sees some reviews. The alst device they put out people were getting dry hits and couldnt get the thing to work.. for me, will see fater 6 months or so how this holds up/ dont like hte proprietary battery either.. and I think theres more that you would have to buy from janty. not saying it isnt any good. but all the hype on the last device left a lot of bitter buyers wondering what happened..

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Id be really careful to buy this device until everyone sees some reviews. The alst device they put out people were getting dry hits and couldnt get the thing to work.. for me, will see fater 6 months or so how this holds up/ dont like hte proprietary battery either.. and I think theres more that you would have to buy from janty. not saying it isnt any good. but all the hype on the last device left a lot of bitter buyers wondering what happened..

Oh I wouldn't buy until test results were out here on ECF, other forums, or on youtube. I'm not rushing to get an eVic for the same reason. It's been popping up on other threads so I started a thread for it.
I do like the look of the joystick, and customizing it a bit. Wondered if anyone recognises the batts.

I think we'll see more of these kind of pvs.

lumberjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
TX, USA
According to the Janty store's website, they're 16340 high drain batteries, 550 mAh. I don't know if there's anything proprietary about them besides the wrapper.

Edit: They have updated the page linked in the OP. It now says "MiD 'One' will also work with off-the–shelf Li-ion RCR123 / RCR2 / 16340 / 17335 3.6/3.7V Li-ion 16340P (Protection) 3.6/3.7V batteries."

Last edited:

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
25 watts and 8 volts?

Slightly over the top in my opinion.
Using led color instead of voltage read out is kind of silly too, you have to remember the color for the corresponding output?

For the average or beginning vaper - probably. But I can see possiblilities...

Might tend to agree with the display, though. But then again, I don't particularly care for a big screen on my PV - I think it detracts from the looks.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
25 watts and 8 volts?

Slightly over the top in my opinion.
Using led color instead of voltage read out is kind of silly too, you have to remember the color for the corresponding output?

8V is simply a consequence of using stacked bateries and pwm.
It should be a little lower that that for most of the batteries life cicle though (around 2x3,7=7,4V)
It's much more basic tech than the boost circuits in other VV/VW devices in the market, although more efficient. Good Boost circuits topically have efficiencies between 85-90%, and simple PWM circuits can have efficiencies close to 100%.
Not too crazy about the stacked batteries option for security reasons though. In the consumer market, when something can go wrong, even if it's very unlikely, it will.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I was just looking at the janty mid last night. Very interesting indeed. Says they have been working on development since 2009, which I guess is reassuring? I will wait to hear what others think about it and the price lowers and the 2nd version comes up, ( may be awhile ). Plus I am interested in knowing how much the computer updated are. It almost sounds complicated to operate, lol

Btw they are up for preorder on the janty us site :). Please post if u pick one up

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
8V is simply a consequence of using stacked bateries and pwm.
It should be a little lower that that for most of the batteries life cicle though (around 2x3,7=7,4V)
It's much more basic tech than the boost circuits in other VV/VW devices in the market, although more efficient. Good Boost circuits topically have efficiencies between 85-90%, and simple PWM circuits can have efficiencies close to 100%.
Not too crazy about the stacked batteries option for security reasons though. In the consumer market, when something can go wrong, even if it's very unlikely, it will.

8 volt vaping appears to be a selling point for Janty, it's actually something this PV is supposed to be capable of doing intentionally.
Vaping profile margins in the MID series are the widest in the market: the MID ranges from 0 to 8 volts, or from 0 to a whopping 25 watts!

Wouldn't two fully charged batteries give you 8.2 volts?

Last edited:

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
Don't overlook the pricing fact that you have to pay even more if you want other than basic operation of the mod.

It states in QuickTour that you have to Pay Extra to Unlock the functionality contained in the unit. So it would be: The price of the unit, plus more to unlock the wattage feature, and other features that the unit all ready has Locked Up Inside.

This is a copy and paste of part of that section:

There are many reasons why we went modular with the MiD, but a few of the more important ones are:

We wanted our customers to only pay for what they use, rather than sell the MiD series with a lot of functions that some customers won't be needing. This way, we let the customers themselves decide.
Through the use of modules it is possible to always add new functionality to the MiD series
Through the use of modules it is possible for us to have the community interact with us, and suggest modules they want us to make for them

So basically, modules are there for you to explore – and buy – if you want the functionality they add.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
The last time I checked the price this thing (two days ago) It was $110 for pre-order. Now 142.95 marked down from 162.95 as it states today. I got my ProVeri for under $200 a year and a half ago (Dropped it a couple dozen times and it still works perfectly). If this is a really solid unit, and if you get all the functions without paying extra for them. It would be worth close to the same price point as the ProVeri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread