janty stick switch sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakdown00

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Bonita Springs, Florida
mine is only like 3 weeks max old and the switch is already faulting, is this happening to anyone else? will they replace the switch by warranty? really not fun since i like to drag for like 5-7 seconds and half way through it goes off and i dont realize, sucks! anyway anyone have a suggestion or comment?

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
Sorry about your problem.

I have had mine for a while now with no issues. I love that it is also a passthru. I use it at home while on the pc, at work while on the pc and in the car with a USB charger in the lighter outlet. I never think about the battery needing to be recharged.

The only problem I had was with the atty going bad. I emailed them and they promptly replaced it. Email them. I don't see why they wouldn't fix or replace it for you.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Yes I recently go mine a few weeks ago(replacement), and I have to say the same has happen to me. At first I thought it was a bad battery, try new ones but it still happens on occassion to the fact that it won't come on for a while. If this keeps happening I will have to follow up with Janty regarding whether they replace the switches or yet again send it back for replacement.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Why do people still buy these things? Even when the switch issue doesn't pop up, they are inconsistent. With all of the other great 3.7v choices out there (Screwdriver, Silver Bullet, XP1/VP2, VAPRE51, Little Chuck, etc... why do a JS?

Been there, done that, offed it after 3 or 4 days. Cool concept, poor execution.

I wish you the best, and hope you are able to try out some of the other options available to you.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Ive had 2 fail and moved on to a device that is better made.
you got 3 weeks? That's pretty good.. just being sarcastic..
Sorry you had problems.

A friend of mines just failed also. But hers lasted 2 months.

Yes they replaced ours. but the hassle of sending back, etc and the wait isnt worth it to me. I said after 2nd switch that's it. I'm done.. Used it for parts.. lol

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Why do people still buy these things? .

Same could be said about every PV and one could get ample evidence too. There are more people that don't have problems with JS's than those that do. That cannot be said of certain PV's ;-) But when one does have a problem then that's the only thing that matters.

JS is a dream vape for most, including myself. I don't get juice in my mouth, I'm not burning out attys, I didn't have to buy an overpriced passthrough, I've never run a battery out and the 801 cart is the largest on the market and I get tons of vapor out of a 3.7V batt! Sorry you had bad luck but glad you got some of your money back in the classifieds.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I can see why people have different experiences with the JS. I know I love my JS
I use it with the 801,112 attys. I recently acquired a 901 adapter and with an extension I got somewhere else I now use my JS with KR808D-1 cartomizers which is hella cool for those quick changes while behind the wheel :D

I am sure the other mods out there are great as well, I wouldn't mind having some of them either, but I selling point for the JS is it's built in passthrough.

is there a batt mod out there with a built in passthrough (other than another Janty product or a box mod) something like the screwdriver,SB type mod? if so point me to the right direction and I will have my paypal account or cc ready :D

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
I can see why people have different experiences with the JS. I know I love my JS
I use it with the 801,112 attys. I recently acquired a 901 adapter and with an extension I got somewhere else I now use my JS with KR808D-1 cartomizers which is hella cool for those quick changes while behind the wheel :D

I am sure the other mods out there are great as well, I wouldn't mind having some of them either, but I selling point for the JS is it's built in passthrough.

is there a batt mod out there with a built in passthrough (other than another Janty product or a box mod) something like the screwdriver,SB type mod? if so point me to the right direction and I will have my paypal account or cc ready :D

Why would you want a passthrough on a big battery device? The battery in my Screwdriver lasts me throughout the working day, and carrying a single battery is scarcely a chore?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Why would you want a passthrough on a big battery device? The battery in my Screwdriver lasts me throughout the working day, and carrying a single battery is scarcely a chore?

I use the PT because the JS is then always charged if I'm going out in the yard, out to mow, on the porch, etc., or whenever I arrive where I'm going in my car. It's likely why I've never run out a battery in it yet.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

well not just for the passthrough per se , but so I could charge/vape at the same time. I like that feature of the janty stick, I put a battery in it the first time i got it and haven't open the battery compartment yet(use/charge and use/use) I am not sure how that would work with a 6v mod but the 3.7 is good enough for me (now at least)

Now I am not saying this is a better or necessary feature in general, that's just what floats my boat if you know what I mean... of course I probably will get something else anyway, but I was just saying.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
As far as I'm concerned, Janty is the Rolls Royce of e-cig companies and my JantyStick is a preferred device. Yes, I've got a Screwdriver -- and it sits unused for weeks. It's awkward to hold and the button requires I press the device against my teeth (very, very bad and dangerous practice for any hard object).

My main devices are Kissboxes, and, yes, atomizers fail sometimes. Jeff has never failed to replace a part when needed. Never. And promptly, too. My main Kissbox is now one year and a month old.

Maybe .. maybe .. there might be a better device somewhere. I doubt it. A better company? You won't find one.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
The Colony, TX
Just got my JS recently, had a bad atomizer, but parked replace it very quick (e.g. great service). Currently using a screwdriver as my main vaporizer, mainly got the stick for travel, but actually liking the stick more and more, good change of pace, kind of a easier than I'm use too draw, but I'm getting use to that.

Anyways, the reason I'm posting, the button issue kind of got my attention, hate to be traveling and my button goes bad. Broke my button on my screwdriver a few times by dropping it, but it still worked after breaking, just awkward to push when broken off, but you can get replacement at Radio Shack and your good to go. So, I'm wondering if you can get an extra button from Janty for the JS (e.g. just in case) or are they available at a electronics store?

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Sorry to hear you are having a problem with the JS switch. I do believe they will replace the switch without issue. I know it has been mentioned that they are very easy to replace and Janty will send you a switch. For that matter they will probably allow you to send it back and get it repalced. They are great on the customer service end from what I have heard.

I've had my JS for a couple months now. I personally love it. Now I have had to replace the atty, but thats to be expected as I used alot of Johnson Creek juice with that atty. The only problem I have seen is that the batteries that came with it are not holding a charge properly anymore. This is completely my fault as I have vaped in on passthrough more than on the battery. Its not the fault of the battery or the device as this is normal with batteries when power is litterally constantly flowing in and out.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Yes, I've got a Screwdriver -- and it sits unused for weeks. It's awkward to hold and the button requires I press the device against my teeth (very, very bad and dangerous practice for any hard object).

That's really interesting Bob, I find the SD really nice to hold and have never found the device pressing against my teeth (which I certainly wouldn't like - I agree). We must be doing things very differently...

Vive la difference ;)

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
As far as I'm concerned, Janty is the Rolls Royce of e-cig companies and my JantyStick is a preferred device. Yes, I've got a Screwdriver -- and it sits unused for weeks. It's awkward to hold and the button requires I press the device against my teeth (very, very bad and dangerous practice for any hard object).

My main devices are Kissboxes, and, yes, atomizers fail sometimes. Jeff has never failed to replace a part when needed. Never. And promptly, too. My main Kissbox is now one year and a month old.

Maybe .. maybe .. there might be a better device somewhere. I doubt it. A better company? You won't find one.
fanboy :p

Janty have some good ideas poorly executed, they could make the stick far superior if they wanted to but I don't blame them for keeping it a cheaper device. I think the Kissbox is probably their flagship still, but they have plenty of models , Including the JS that could superceed it.

I must admit, My SD gets very little to no use anymore, my lasers have replaced that collectors item now...But it's there..if i ever need it. I've had it over a year now , and it's as good as the day i got it...it does what it says on the tin..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread