Janty Tip: Cleaning your atomizer the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Its not about what you have been doing - its about whats generally a good and safe approach to a common problem. If this works for you thats perfect - but i think we all agree on here, that someone, by using your advice, will probably end up get hurt. Not because people are stupid, but because mistakes are bound to happen.

This goes for my solution too. But in my solution if it goes bad, a battery or an atomizer might die. In yours, a microwave oven could explode - or lethally injure someone.

So i will definately not recommend it, but at the same time its your choice to do what you do!

Hope that clears up my standpoint a bit!

g123456e

Jan 20, 2010
Kentucky
Hey guys,

So heres a small tip that some of you know, and some of you does not.

I myself hadnt actually read this part of the manual when i first started out, so i had resorted to a million different ways of cleaning my atomizers - and they all had some good points, and some bad.

However, after speaking with Thor, from Janty.dk today, he told me that i should just do what the manual says, and so i did - and it brought back the taste in 20 (!) of my 801 atomizers that i had otherwise deemed awful.

Mind you, it did NOT bring them back to life (as they were working but tasted horribly) - but it did restore them to actually a condition where they tasted like new ( without the primer.. ew )

So for those of you, like me, that sometimes skips the manuals, here we go:

Take your atomizer, - put it under hot water and rinse it. You dont have to do it excessively, just rinse it out over the course of 20 seconds or so.

Then blow at both ends of your atomizer till it appears dry, and you cant see it "sprays" out water on a piece of tissue.

Then insert your atomizer into any vaping device you have - THAT RUNS 3.7 VOLT (do NOT do this with higher voltage devices )- and in the case of a Jantystick, then push the button and let it hit cutoff, WHILE you blow air into the atomizer with your mouth. Do not have the filter on for this ofcourse.

Now, this will smell funny - none the less, keep a finger on your atomizer, while you do this (if it gets overly hot, let it cool down for a bit before continuing), and do it up to 4 times - till the cutoff is hit ( for those without a cutoff, thats around 12 seconds ) - keep blowing air from your mouth onto your atomizer during the entire button-pressing-stage of this.

Once youre done, you drip 5 drops of any liquid you want into the atomizer, - let it rest for a minute, then try to take a hit. If it still tastes bad, put two more drops in - if it still tastes bad, add one more drop and do this until it tastes good.

Notice: After you put in the 5 drops, after initial burn-cleaning, make sure you DO taste if its good, this varies on atomizers. Some work right there, some dont. Also make sure you dont drown your atomizer. If the taste is there, and you get almost no vape, then its almost drowned.

Once you get it going, add 2-3 drops everytime you need to redrip - or if you use carts; you know what to do.

Happy vaping, and let me know your results!

DISCLAIMER:
-- Even though this IS part of the manual, i will not officially take any responsability for any damage you cause by this process to you, your atomizer, you PV, your cat, your lawn, your neighbours girlfriend, or anything else that could be harmed, or destroyed ( or broken ) while doing this!

-- But i doubt it will get to that point :D

/Mik
I am new to vaping. Been rotating 3 attys for 3 weeks and I let them drain each night. When do you know it's time to "clean" an atty and how often should you do it? Is it better to be proactive with cleaning them rather than waiting until they seem to slow down or taste bad? Also, are most e cigs 3.7 volts? The Kissbox, Ego, 801?

g123456e

Jan 20, 2010
Kentucky
What do you mean "that explains a few things"? Personally, I am not that impressed with the Ego. Actually, I don't think I like the 510 atty and I purchased quite a few to use with the Ego, in case I have trouble finding them later. I prefer dripping and it won't take much before flooding. I like my Kissbox and DSE 801 better. I did recently purchase a box mod (14500 battery) from someone who makes them and the 510 seems to work better on it. Any insight anyone has on the 3.7 volt issues would be appreciated.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
What do you mean "that explains a few things"? Personally, I am not that impressed with the Ego. Actually, I don't think I like the 510 atty and I purchased quite a few to use with the Ego, in case I have trouble finding them later. I prefer dripping and it won't take much before flooding. I like my Kissbox and DSE 801 better. I did recently purchase a box mod (14500 battery) from someone who makes them and the 510 seems to work better on it. Any insight anyone has on the 3.7 volt issues would be appreciated.

Read the thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/65055-battery-voltages-surprise.html

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Hi guys
I bought eGo with 2 attys :Tawa and Janty one... and problem is with Janty one (
I cant get rid of burning taste... and by burning i mean really burning... like a plastic or something. Tried to clean it like 10 times and nothing... awful burning taste and a smell on a side. If i let it stay for a bit i can get 3 more puffs and then again. BTW i dripping, if i drip on Tawa it last long and if i drip on Janty it last like 5-6 puffs before the awful taste. Its even start to tickle in my nose like a real smoke from some crap and not a vape. If Tawa is getting dry it dosent give a burning taste like that. I know how to drip and when... on janty is like i have a great vapor and taste is all there .. and BAAAM my throat almost died like i smoking a newspaper :D
Any help will be great)
TY

Last edited:

mgabrys

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
The metal in a microwave thing only applies to any microwave that is grounded (3 prong -which all newer ones should be) if not - I don't recommend it. Some microwave cookbooks use tinfoil to cover veggies so they don't overcook with other items. Another big deal is you don't want anything else flammable in there while doing it (metal twist ties igniting plastic wrap is a common occurrence).

The metal will cause arc-ing (obviously) and anything that the arcs hit will get cooked. This doesn't bode well for internal atty components. The grounding plug discharges the arcing from the ovens internals, but won't protect anything being arc-cooked.

Water is NOT an insulator btw - that's why I don't recommend using an AC hotplate in the tub, or toaster, or AC radio, or hairdryer etc.

Boiling water has helped me with really gunked atty's when burn-cleaning doesn't work (Dark color VG etc), and really gets the gunk out - but I boil water in a coffee mug withOUT the attys in it and drop them in for a few minutes, then blow them out and let them soak out chimney down into a paper towel (notice the gunk coming out) for a few minutes - then they're good to go. I do this perhaps once a month (again) when burn-cleaning isn't effective.

Last edited:

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Hi guys
I bought eGo with 2 attys :Tawa and Janty one... and problem is with Janty one (
I cant get rid of burning taste... and by burning i mean really burning... like a plastic or something. Tried to clean it like 10 times and nothing... awful burning taste and a smell on a side. If i let it stay for a bit i can get 3 more puffs and then again. BTW i dripping, if i drip on Tawa it last long and if i drip on Janty it last like 5-6 puffs before the awful taste. Its even start to tickle in my nose like a real smoke from some crap and not a vape. If Tawa is getting dry it dosent give a burning taste like that. I know how to drip and when... on janty is like i have a great vapor and taste is all there .. and BAAAM my throat almost died like i smoking a newspaper :D
Any help will be great)
TY

Attys are different. The Janty atty is probably burning off fluid faster. It sounds like it's getting dry. Load it sooner--practice your technique. Search ECF for threads concerning dripping.

Good luck

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Attys are different. The Janty atty is probably burning off fluid faster. It sounds like it's getting dry. Load it sooner--practice your technique. Search ECF for threads concerning dripping.

Good luck
thats not my first ecig and i know witch taste it will give when its drying out .. its not the same its like a burning Newspaper im fully serius. i told you flavor is still there and in a moment it ist, its not drying out as i can get a liquid on my tongue in the same moment i get the damn burning taste :( i will turn it in as soon as i can, back to the local shop.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
thats not my first ecig and i know witch taste it will give when its drying out .. its not the same its like a burning Newspaper im fully serius. i told you flavor is still there and in a moment it ist, its not drying out as i can get a liquid on my tongue in the same moment i get the damn burning taste :( i will turn it in as soon as i can, back to the local shop.

It *could* be that the atomizer is simply dead. This happens. As in, it has burned it something - it is malfunctioning etc. You cant recover that im afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread