Janty Tip: Cleaning your atomizer the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapnub

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Charleston SC
Great thread. I purchased my Janty Dura C two weeks ago and I have been having a similar issue with one of the Janty attys that came with the set. One works perfectly and one gives that really bad burning task and get hot to the touch. I decided to look into both of them with no fluid in them while depressing the manual battery button to activate them. The one that tastes burnt and over heats glows RED when activated. The one that is working for me does not. No glow in that one at all. The Great thing about Janty products is the 6month warranty which is why I purchased this set from them after doing lots of research as this is my first e-cig.

So I have to ask is it ok for the atty to glow red? I'm not using it any more but I sure hate to pay 16 bucks for a new one if it is a malfunction of the product itself.

Also with the TAWAs how long do they generally last before you toss them?

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Great thread. I purchased my Janty Dura C two weeks ago and I have been having a similar issue with one of the Janty attys that came with the set. One works perfectly and one gives that really bad burning task and get hot to the touch. I decided to look into both of them with no fluid in them while depressing the manual battery button to activate them. The one that tastes burnt and over heats glows RED when activated. The one that is working for me does not. No glow in that one at all. The Great thing about Janty products is the 6month warranty which is why I purchased this set from them after doing lots of research as this is my first e-cig.
So I have to ask is it ok for the atty to glow red? I'm not using it any more but I sure hate to pay 16 bucks for a new one if it is a malfunction of the product itself.

Also with the TAWAs how long do they generally last before you toss them?

Its quite normal for the atomizers to glow red, however what you are describing sounds like that one atomizer is getting excessively hot. This can happen if the atomizer is damaged, or worn - it loses it resistance and basically becomes a super low resistance atomizer; And in this case its not good. It could damage your battery, or your e-cigarette, so i would throw it away, or have it replaced by warranty. As for the one that does not glow, im suspecting that it does not glow because it actually still has some liquid in it, and it burns slightly cooler!

Also, for TAWA atomizers, you can say how long they will last. They are effectively the same product as the non TAWA atomizers, just without warranty.

Hope this helps :)

I just got an ego today and I think I was tasting primer eeew But on the second atomizer I did what you said and I am not tasting any nastyness, Thanks for making me feel beteert about such an expensive purchase :D

Hey guys,

So heres a small tip that some of you know, and some of you does not.

I myself hadnt actually read this part of the manual when i first started out, so i had resorted to a million different ways of cleaning my atomizers - and they all had some good points, and some bad.

However, after speaking with Thor, from Janty.dk today, he told me that i should just do what the manual says, and so i did - and it brought back the taste in 20 (!) of my 801 atomizers that i had otherwise deemed awful.

Mind you, it did NOT bring them back to life (as they were working but tasted horribly) - but it did restore them to actually a condition where they tasted like new ( without the primer.. ew )

So for those of you, like me, that sometimes skips the manuals, here we go:

Take your atomizer, - put it under hot water and rinse it. You dont have to do it excessively, just rinse it out over the course of 20 seconds or so.

Then blow at both ends of your atomizer till it appears dry, and you cant see it "sprays" out water on a piece of tissue.

Then insert your atomizer into any vaping device you have - THAT RUNS 3.7 VOLT (do NOT do this with higher voltage devices )- and in the case of a Jantystick, then push the button and let it hit cutoff, WHILE you blow air into the atomizer with your mouth. Do not have the filter on for this ofcourse.

Now, this will smell funny - none the less, keep a finger on your atomizer, while you do this (if it gets overly hot, let it cool down for a bit before continuing), and do it up to 4 times - till the cutoff is hit ( for those without a cutoff, thats around 12 seconds ) - keep blowing air from your mouth onto your atomizer during the entire button-pressing-stage of this.

Once youre done, you drip 5 drops of any liquid you want into the atomizer, - let it rest for a minute, then try to take a hit. If it still tastes bad, put two more drops in - if it still tastes bad, add one more drop and do this until it tastes good.

Notice: After you put in the 5 drops, after initial burn-cleaning, make sure you DO taste if its good, this varies on atomizers. Some work right there, some dont. Also make sure you dont drown your atomizer. If the taste is there, and you get almost no vape, then its almost drowned.

Once you get it going, add 2-3 drops everytime you need to redrip - or if you use carts; you know what to do.

Happy vaping, and let me know your results!

DISCLAIMER:
-- Even though this IS part of the manual, i will not officially take any responsability for any damage you cause by this process to you, your atomizer, you PV, your cat, your lawn, your neighbours girlfriend, or anything else that could be harmed, or destroyed ( or broken ) while doing this!

-- But i doubt it will get to that point :D

/Mik

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
So I bought an XL Jet system.

What should I know to make my attys last?

I read that you blow it out every night, does it matter from what end?

I also read that using a solvent is the best way to clean an atty, but would this ruin the rubber/paint finish? Is flushing with water good enough?

Do you let it set for a day to dry? Or does turning the atty on to "burn it dry" actually work. I thought that was a bad thing???

Do I have to clean the atty every time I want to change flavors?

How often do I clean if using the same juice? Once a week good enough?

Thanks in advance for answering all my newb questions. :2cool:

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
You can blow the ato out every night and put the it to rest on a tissue paper. In the morning you will find the tissue paper stained with excess liquid.

Do not use any solvents and only flush with water if the above is not successful.

Turning the atty on to "burn it dry" is something you might want to do every few weeks when you find the ato really gets too clogged. But dry burning can be very tricky, especially with LR ato's, and lead to the ato's death if performed to long or too many times.

You don't have to clean the atty every time you want to change flavors as long as they are JANTY liquids (our liquids density and our ato's are made for each other).

FaniFox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Greece
You don't have to clean the atty every time you want to change flavors as long as they are JANTY liquids (our liquids density and our ato's are made for each other).

Well, that is true of course, but every time I change the flavor at my Janty Ego-T (normally in the morning), I always have the taste of the previous flavor, even if I had the atty blown the previous night. I use only JANTY attys and liquids - bought them from the French web store. To tell you the truth, I don' t really mind, since it is mostly the flavor of my favorite RY4 that is left behind but it is a little funny to vape chocolate that tastes like RY4...
So, I will definately try to clean the attys with water. Is the method described by Mik safe to be used on Ego-T normal and LR attys as well? Please let me know before I drawn them to death :unsure:

Last edited:

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
Not sure whether this method is Janty endorsed or not, but many people occasionally soak their atomiser overnight in vodka, clean out with plain water the following morning, and blow out well from the battery end of the atomizer.
Then prime it with a few drops of e-liquid, insert cartridge, and it's ready to go.

This can breathe new life into the atomizer. :)

prateus

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Muskoka, Ontario
I wanted to point out that I did rescind the idea of microwaving the puromizer in a mug of water as it was not well thought out, it may work with 510 atties ect and others but as I do not have one I cannot attest to that.

also I want to warn anyone who is thinking of dry burning to do research, watch youtube videos of how it is done and always go moderate.

Although dry burning can be done at high or low voltages, I added the part of using low voltages in order to prevent people from burning there atties out.

I have not burnt out an atty in years and I dry burn every few weeks, but I did wreck 20-30 in 2008-2009 dry burning. Whether this was user error or atomizers have just gotten better, this should be noted.

I do think that QC has increased overall in the market, but I also think user error was to blame aswell.

Also any suggestions that I make our only suggestion that have worked for me. If anyone wants a more detailed description of how I clean/do things PM me or ask away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread