Not open for further replies.

Shadow Ryder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Lost Wages
Jazz pipe.​
Made by Romaniac.​

First I want to say that I received this PV for testing purposes to provide a fair and unbiased review.
I did not purchase this unit nor did I receive any compensation for writing this review.

I was given this Pipe at the last vapor’s meet it looked like a regular pipe with a battery stuck in the bowl. It is made of Burl wood (he has other wood’s as well) and is hand crafted. Alex informed me
Proudly that they are made in the USA. The fit and Finish is excellent the weight is not to heavy
Which is nice since the battery is in the bowl, it is 100% mechanical also nice. To put in a battery you
Just move the arm on top out of the way and drop a battery in, it uses either 123a or 18350. Button side up, Press the battery in and swing the arm back in place. The stem come off easily but has enough resistance not to fall apart if you hang the pipe by the stem, inside you see the 510 connection in the bottom of the pipe connect a carto full of your favorite juice and put the stem back on. The button when new is stiff but breaks in quickly and stays at a nice push not too soft. The placement makes sure it is not going to fire in your pocket. It hits like a champ have and have tried most of the mod’s out there this unit is quickly replacing my Phidius for out and aboutings . It great for around town or the drive to and from work, I get looks constantly people ask is that one of those electronic thingies because it dosen't smell like a pipe and there’s no fire I show them the battery where the tobacco would got if it was a tobacco pipe, and give them card CASAA and politely answer their questions. I have been using this since last Friday and it has fired every time, produces a ton of warm vapor looks great. It comes with a small pipe stand that keeps it off the desk or table and shows it off.

So far here are my findings.

Pros

Cartos, both regular and low resistance, 510 and 306
Good button feel and placement.
100% mechanical, Made in USA
Hard wood mine is burl wood.
If it falls it is not likely to break. I have dropped it once and it bounced off the tile
Common batteries, used 18350 or 123a's
(you can buy non rechargeable if you're in a pinch) 123a's
stand included to keep it from lying on the desk ect.
looks and feel.

Cons

Button takes a little time to break in.
Looks like a conventional pipe (good and bad)
if you have a regular model you can’t use xl's and vice versa.

I will continue you use and review this and will update as time goes on.

The pipe can be found here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cosmetic-mods/161583-510-e-pipe-cartopipe.html

Shadow.

Last edited:

Shadow Ryder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Lost Wages
The button is circled in Red. button.jpg

I made a cover for the bowl/battery, I waterproofed some felt and cut it to fit.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
The button is circled in Red. View attachment 30491

I made a cover for the bowl/battery, I waterproofed some felt and cut it to fit.

Very good work on the bowl cover :) Is the switch a tactile ball switch or a brass spring-loaded rod punching down to a another contact way down inside (as I suspect)? Can everything be disassembled for cleaning or are the switch/battery contacts/batty connector permanently epoxied inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread