Carto Pipe from AZSmokefree.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Rissa

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Oregon
Thanks Mis Rissa,
Can you point me to a link or information on the correct adaptor, and any sugestions on a kr808 lr carto. I love max vapor.

Thanks

The place I got my lr kr808's from was vapor junction but they don't seem to carry them anymore, last I checked... The lr 901's from madvapes work too though (and I have a feeling they're pretty much the same as performance has been near identical). Been using those for over a month now in my pipe and my don with success. Only two of the twelve haven't worked. The draw is still airy but I can get a throat hit from them (18 mg) whereas I couldn't with the 510's the pipe seller sells and the vapor production is well once you get it going. (the curse of autos I guess, hehe) They also sell the adapter I was talking about. It's the "510 to 901/808-D Adapter". The carto condom trick the other poster was talking about may work on these, but the ones they come with aren't thin enough for me to get to fit in there...

Last edited:

McMongo

Aug 17, 2011
U.P. Mi
Thx, I've got some Rubber Drip tips comming in ( should have by Saturday) going to try to cut one short and see if that works with a Boge 510 LR Carto. Will let you know howw it works out. I'll look into the 901s, but I have 70-80 boge lr Carts in my Vaper box, would like to be able to use them. I like the LR because I use auto batterys and they Heat up faster.

Thank you Ms Rissa, I Love a Gal who will smoke a Pipe or CIgar :)
McMongo

Ms. Rissa

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Oregon
Thx, I've got some Rubber Drip tips comming in ( should have by Saturday) going to try to cut one short and see if that works with a Boge 510 LR Carto. Will let you know howw it works out. I'll look into the 901s, but I have 70-80 boge lr Carts in my Vaper box, would like to be able to use them. I like the LR because I use auto batterys and they Heat up faster.

Thank you Ms Rissa, I Love a Gal who will smoke a Pipe or CIgar :)
McMongo

Will be waiting to hear about how that turns out. Shoot, you might as well try em' since you have so many and wouldn't require an adapter! I have a feeling that will work fine... And thank you, McMongo. As soon as I can find a juice that comes close enough to a plain old swisher sweet, I think I'm gonna buy an e-cigar and pretend I still smoke those as well. :p

Hideto

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
Canada
I'm not even a moderate pipe smoker, really, just enjoying it now and then, and I also use ZERO nic juice, so my thoughts may not mean as much. It worked well for awhile, past the warranty date, and now is kinda iffy. I can get a few good puffs/clouds of vapour from it and it then loses its gusto. I wouldn't count it out, however. The customer service is very good, with friendly people. As such, if you haven't already found a better pipe, give this one a go. I like it most for its authenticity and versatility; it doesn't look like an esmoking device, it looks like a pipe, except for the pipe bowl jewel cap which you can't really make look real, since that's the battery port. The versatility comes from being a carto-pipe, so your flavours don't get burned into the device and take ages to change over. Want a new flavour? Swap in a new, filled cartridge! Instant new enjoyment! I have the grand-daddy of e-pipes, the DSE601, and while it looks great and has AMAZING vapour, changing flavours is a ....., making it less fun to use. Others who used their DSE more frequently than mine also cited how it would crack, collect juice in the bowl which contributed to more cracking, turn itself on and melt itself sometimes when you left the battery in, and other problems. So this beats out the DSE601 for survivability, so far.

I don't know why there are so few comments on this pipe. I think we deserve comments from people who use it more frequently than I do and use nic juice, so that more people get better information than what I can provide. There aren't even YouTube videos on it! A shame, really.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I have been selling this pipe for a couple of months now and it has been receiving great reviews. It works superb with smoktech 1.7 ohm short cartos using an extension.

What kind of extension do you need? A 510-510 adapter? Have you tried any 808 cartos with adapter?

Last edited:

Hideto

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
Canada
The cartopipe looks exactly the same as the DSE, yes, which was a plus for me. I grabbed some generic blanks but the fit was terrible, even with my crappy mod job, and I got poor vapour from them. The original carts had nic juice in them so though I reverse-Taryn-spin'ned (sp?) them out, I haven't used them as much because I'm trying to avoid all nicotine. But the original ones work like they should.

Ostinato

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Budapest
Not really. They are difficult to remove once stuck.
Take a cheap plastic drip tip and cut it to fit.

epipeext.jpg

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
So you extend from the mouth part, essentially making a longer shaft? I'm also wondering if the decline in vapor is typical auto issues when the connections get gunked up. How hard is it to get in the shank part and clean the connection with a q-tip dipped in aclohol? Cleaning my auto batts is a daily operation for me and I don't have the issues some have with autos.
(It would be nice if the shank screwed off for access to the thread connection but obviously it doesn't so no point in discussing it.)

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Howdy people,

Wow, there's actually an older thread about these e-pipes... still going. Sweet.

Ok, well, I picked one of these up a few weeks ago, and have had a pretty decent experience so far. I am actually on my second pipe from AZSmokeFree, as there was a little fit and finish problem with the first one. They swapped it out immediately. Great customer support.

The cartos that come with these pipes are definitely proprietary with the extra length, and they deliver a decent vape once primed, but they are 2.3-2.5 ohm cartos, way too much to allow the 18350s to produce much vapor, but the battery life is extended with that combo. The cartos are starting to show some wear after about 10-12 refills, so I decided to investigate a bit and avoid trying to modify the original setup. I came across a thread (somewhere... don't recall) that mentions the original cartos are 40mm long and a standard Boge carto is 35mm. So that got me thinking about the 'shorty' 510-510 adapters with the center hole. I believe they are 5mm which would make up the difference. Has anyone actually tried this? I want to order one soon to give it a try. Just curious if I'm going in the right direction here, or whether it's going to be a waste of time. I really think that a LR Boge single or dual would really wake this thing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread