Johnson Creek fans fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Durham, NC USA
I just made an order there for a variety of stuff including the new Red oak stuff. I will post my impressions.

Got my order and everything they say is true. Blech! They all taste basically the same. Kind of makes me nauseous and definitely has this smokey bbq taste. To me it reminded me of burnt ice cream cones. Needless to say I am sending this back.

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
Eeeeeewwwww! I use to LOVE JC non pg juice. Not so happy with this at all. The flavors aren't great, they are pretty harsh. Nothing smooth and there is NO Tennessee Cured!!!!! I'm really disappointed.

Did you get the new Red Oak? Does it say what it is ? VG or something else?

Last edited:

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I'll post an actual review once I've had some more time with these flavours, but so far, the two Red Oak liquids I've tried aren't bad.

Domestic is a little like a less-nutty JC Original with a smokier finish, more like analog smoke, but nowhere NEAR as harsh an ashtray-taste as, say, full-flavoured ULTRApure regular, which I've also been trying. I do actually quite like it. I'm not a huge fan of sweet liquids, and since VG is already sweet, the bitterness of this flavour is sort of a welcome contrast.

Valencia is very, very tangy orange; I was hoping it'd be more of an orange/spice blend, but while it does smell that way, the vapour is pretty much just orange and leaves a sour taste in the mouth. I like it but can't stick with it all day.

So I'm not addicted to either flavour right out of the gate, but they may well grow on me-- I didn't like JC Original when I first tried it, but wound up practically drinking the stuff like a beverage. I still have Swiss Dark and Marcado to try once I clean out a couple more atomizers.

My three big gripes now that JC FINALLY has VG-only liquids again are 1) they're not available in any old flavours (and Valencia, while good, is no substitute for Summer Peach); 2) they're REALLY, REALLY THIN-- to the degree that I can get it to drip out of the mesh of an atomizer just by holding the atty mesh-side down; and 3) JC PG samplers come in zero-nic, but Red Oak samplers don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread