• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Join Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painfreak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SG
Sorry but I don't think it's wise to just let new Ecf user to just join like that. Some precaution must be taken into consideration as there's more and more cases of e-cig being detained by custom. Sgvaper private group will no longer be safe place to talk about e-cigs in sg if this continue IMHO. So standard must be set, eg. like how many post count, how long at least must the person be on Ecf in order to join and etc. Just my 2cents. Anyone can disagree with me and ignore this post.

Painfreak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SG
Fair enough. But from what I can see, it seems rather quiet recently, not sure if its due to recent high number of newbies posting here which created suspicions.. I would love to proof that I am not some spy, if there is someway to prove it.

It's a bonus to be in sgvaper private group. But even for the time being that you're not in, you can pick up alot from ECF itself. well i should say only time can prove and how much you're willing to learn about vaping.
Yup, it has been quiet recently and hope it's not because of people watching us in sgvaper.

MRC

Jun 19, 2011
Paradise Island
The problem is that new users don't get any real advice from the experienced members, instead posts are ignored and questions are left unanswered. I asked a sincere question just a few days ago to a mod and he basically outright lies to me saying that there is a 99% certainty shipment will be received even from China. It's one thing to be elusive about methods but it's quite another to basically give some false statistic so I can throw my money down the toilet.

This coupled with my previous experience with this forum left a very poor personal opinion of the SG community.

So in essence newbies, the majority of people order from healthcabin.net and specify expensive shipping as they think/hope it has a better chance to go through customs otherwise they go across the border. Basically if you're shipping even from another vendor, specify high priority shipping methods etc and not low cost mediums such ...

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Painfreak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SG
The problem is that new users don't get any real advice from the experienced members, instead posts are ignored and questions are left unanswered. I asked a sincere question just a few days ago to a mod and he basically outright lies to me saying that there is a 99% certainty shipment will be received even from China. It's one thing to be elusive about methods but it's quite another to basically give some false statistic so I can throw my money down the toilet.

This coupled with my previous experience with this forum left a very poor personal opinion of the SG community.

So in essence newbies, the majority of people order from healthcabin.net and specify shipping as they think/hope it has a better chance to go through customs otherwise they go across the border. Basically if you're shipping even from another vendor, specify high priority shipping etc) and not low cost mediums such as ...

Cheers

well some people give real advice but not all i should say. So why not do self-learning and not just depend on others? and i think reading through the ECF does help alot and not just sticking here in sgvaper IMO. I can't say what shipping is 100% safe and people review through their own experience. So it's up to you whether you want to take the advice or not at the end of the day, it's still up to you to decide for yourself. some people use cheap shipping but they got what they want but some are just not so lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

razenex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
where?
It will always remain a fact that PVs are banned in singapore, as such which shipment you choose, expensive or cheap, still has a chance of getting confiscated, and you try to ship it in knowing about this ban, so really you can't blame others. Recently there has been a spike in the number of new people starting new threads asking to buy PVs or how they can get their hands on one. Can you really blame us for not helping others when we ourselves are take risks just to get our own stuff in?

Anyway i second Painfreak's opinion that the conditions to join the pte group is so lax that it makes no difference from it being public. This becomes so much more apparent when so many shipments are being confiscated.

Last edited:

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Well I check alot of things beside just posting stories. I don't just allow them to join group easily. Post count is 1 thing but of cos they don't post means they are just audience so just view the public forum will do. Private group is just for vapers to discuss meetup and etc and seriously if anyone wanted to join group and not wanting to be part of it, what for for me to approve them. It does not mean that joining group you will learn how to vape or purchasing a kit.
For purchasing online, you can visit various online webstore, they do deliver in 3days.
Healthcabin.net
France.jantyworld.com

Sorry but I don't think it's wise to just let new Ecf user to just join like that. Some precaution must be taken into consideration as there's more and more cases of e-cig being detained by custom. Sgvaper private group will no longer be safe place to talk about e-cigs in sg if this continue IMHO. So standard must be set, eg. like how many post count, how long at least must the person be on Ecf in order to join and etc. Just my 2cents. Anyone can disagree with me and ignore this post.

smokingtherapist

Sep 8, 2011
Sg
Zeroi, I had also posted in member stories. please invite me too. Sorry am a some what technologically challanged:) and was unable to find any link to join group. Am willing to pm you my linkedin or facebook profile where you could do a google search on me. Sad to say we newbies are rather KS too, so much consideration if we're caught and we dont even know if we are able to make the switch.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Your post count a bit less and can I know why u wanna join group where SG vapers forum have the disscussion there.
Zeroi, I had also posted in member stories. please invite me too. Sorry am a some what technologically challanged:) and was unable to find any link to join group. Am willing to pm you my linkedin or facebook profile where you could do a google search on me. Sad to say we newbies are rather KS too, so much consideration if we're caught and we dont even know if we are able to make the switch.

xyph

Sep 30, 2011
Singapore
I don't know about other's who have come across this forum - but I'm a little frustrated by the arbitrary hoops. As a newbie, and one who is genuinely interested in learning more about VPs and local ways to access the tools and liquids that would lead to a healthier lifestyle and more success (than I have had so far) quitting smoking.

I'm not a forum junkie, nor do I much like forums - I came accross ECF this afternoon as a result of a google search. In order to be able to post this message, I had to register, confirm, post 5 other 'random'/'pointless' messages, wade through pages of rules/guidelines and wonder about arbitrary comments I have seen about people needing more posts before they are allowed 'in'.

I appreciate it is a difficult subject because of current regulations. But I am sure there are others like me who *will never* be avid forum posters - but are still a part of the community. Maybe they will not be vocal or participate in technical activities, but their support of local suppliers by making purchases will certainly help boost the community more than a few irrelevant/nonsensical posts - which sadly is all I have to offer as a noob in this forum.

Incidentally - while wading through the above drek, I also found some Fabulous posts by veteran users that really has be excited about obtaining a PV and dumping my analogues! Thanks to all of you maintaining the FAQs, guides and useful stickies!

If the private group is indeed a place where local PV and juice sources can be discussed safely, I suggest that # posts is as pointless a basis for membership as your chosen handle, or number of vowels in your given name! If fact, if I were a covert operative withing SG Customs, looking to infiltrate the group, my first course of action would be to task a deranged monkey to type meaningless 'me too' style posts with occasional spurts of Singlish until they are awarded access for exemplary participation. God knows customs have enough of those deranged monkeys on standby in the airports and checkpoints.

Anyway - my vote would be that if you are going to have a private group - come up with a serious barrier to entry that will make it difficult for the establishment to overcome, but easy and rewarding for your target community individuals to pass. A great way would be a monthly meet, referral requirement, or even a friendly 'test' on how much you know administered by phone to one of the group moderators. Any of these would so put off the average investigator, they'd look elsewhere for leads...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread