Joyetech Cubis with Nickel Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
I bought the cubis tank about a month ago, and I had a lot of problems with it and I was so disappointed, because of its leak proof and top fill selling points. The SS coils burned really easily, it spat out a lot of juice so much it was like drinking my juice through a straw and the 1.5ohm coil was ok but just didn't suit my style of vaping because it's a mouth to lung coil. So, I stopped using it, knowing that joyetech were to soon release a 0.2 ni coil. Well, I've been using one for the last couple of days and have had no problems, so if you've had a similar experience I strongly recommend getting the nickel coils. Also, a lot of people found the ss coils to have quite a tight draw, but I've found the nickels to be a lot better - I'd say similar to the draw I get on my ego one with the air holes a 3rd of the way shut.

Also, these coils have to be set up right. The instructions you get with the tank are not enough.

Here's what I did
1. drop about 4-5 drops of liquid into the coil
2. leave to stand for about 15-20 minutes
3. screw onto the chimney and place in the tank after filling it up
4. give it a few hard sucks with power off
5. turn upside down for about 10 seconds
6. a couple more sucks with power off

then you should be good to go. To be honest I cant yet judge on the flavour because the only juice ive got at the moment is a 12mg custard that ive had to dilute with glycerin so it tastes a bit weak anyway.

I've also seen a few people complain about the juice intake on the ss-coils with higher VG juice. The ni has the same size juice holes and so far ive been using 50/50 juice so it seems fine, but I have some 70/30 vg/pg on the way so i'll update how they vape later.

Hopefully this post will help anyone who has bought the cubis and given up on it. Overall, now I really like this tank.

Reactions: ellamenno

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
Ok, just a bit of an update. I've been using this tank with the nickel coils and filled it up with 70/30 vgpg juice and I dont think ive had any problems with wicking.

The only downside (personally for me) is this tank seems to be quite thirsty. I seem to be going through about 2-3 tanks a day, where as with my ego one mega tank I only seem to use maybe 1 1/2 throughout the day on the same settings, but I still get a good vape out of it when I turn the wattage and temp down, so it's not that big of a deal.

Also flavour wise, as I said in the OP I was only using some diluted juice, but with proper juice I'm finding a better flavour out of these coils than the SS. The SS coils had ok flavour but it seemed a bit understated.

SO OVERALL, with the Ni's I think this is a great tank.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I set up the Cubis SS .5 and a Tron S NI200 coils and the Tron S blows the Cubis right out of the water for taste. Put in the same juice and it is amazing the difference in taste between the two tanks. Tron S is also a leak free design. Fill the Cubis and it spits and carries on for about the first ten vapes. Tron S does not spit and a vape or two and it is running perfect. Someday I will reverse the test and put a .5 ss in Tron S and Ni200 in Cubis. CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread