Joyetech Cuboid 150 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Some ways away from koala forests
It would be really great for added versatility if (a future revision of) this could be also operated in a single-battery mode akin to the VTC Mini 75W.

Either by selecting bay #1 or #2 from menu, or just switching to single-battery mode when only one bay is loaded.

I realize that this would probably require some hardware modifications besides firmware additions, but I think the feature would be a welcome "innovation" so I hope someone with contacts at joyetech adds this item to the customer wishlist.

Nevertheless I feel the urge to add one of these oddly-named Cuboids (odd but quite OK!) to my next order. I was thinking about going black again like with the VTC Mini, but since the buttons now nicely match the surrounding material and after seeing a live one in a tube clip I think about going back to silver on this one. Kudos to joyetech for pricing these to fly in volume.

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
I almost always get my mods in pairs so that I have a backup, to swap parts and to troubleshoot (to see if both exhibit the same problem). Having two of the same thing is helpful in troubleshooting and knowing when it is worthwhile to send a suspect unit back for an RMA, vs just being a "how these devices are" situation.

I don't have too many mods, because of this. Just the top picks.

So, guys and gals, on Cuboid: any thoughts on what material the fire button is made of? Could it be solid SS like the chassis, or chrome plated plastic, or a stainless cap over a plastic molding. If it's solid stainless steel, I'm sold.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Who has the DNA200 for $99?
Typo. It was 90 :) Focalecig had this after-Christmas platform game where you won discount coupons based on the level you reached. I played for hours upon hours but got a $52 coupon I bought the DNA 200 for. Also got others coupons and bought a second rx200, second Evic vtc mini, Serpent etc. Spent a lot of money, but about 40% discount all in all :)

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
cuboid.jpeg

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
LG HG2, because 3000mAh. Their 20 amp continuous rating is more than sufficient for the range of power I use (under 100w, usually around 40-60w).

I was just about to pull the trigger on a RX200 once there was confirmation on manual TCR upgrade, but nope, the Cuboid is my next mod purchase, and the RX200 is totally removed from consideration. Much more pocket and hand-friendly, lighter, better display, and two batteries is enough to get me through a full day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread