Joyetech Cuboid 150 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
As I don't need 160 watts, leave alone 200, I'll be quite happily vaping that thingy with about 30, as I'm doing with my Xcube 2 already. Shame on me !
I didn't buy it for that but because it's handy and 2 batteries will get me over a day. I also like the looks of it and with the Evic VTC Mini, Joytech did a great job before. I'm optimistic.
Question: if I buy it in a normal shop for about 70€ and I get what I paid for... will there be a difference????? Guess what
It sounds like we are in the same place. I do TC at 440 F and 30 max watts. I want a compact 2 cell TC mod for the endurance. I'd prefer paralell to serial but may be with battery monitoring serial will be a safe arrangement. I watched the video. I'd say it will sell well and I'll probably be one of the customers.

MeeGz

Dec 31, 2015
Hello,
I am a new member and a newbie all at the same time. I was having trouble searching this thread so I figured I'd just ask. A bit of background first? I've been vaping for almost a month. I came off of two packs a day and had quit in four.

Week one: Bought a kit from the local shop. $50 for a "Biansi iMist Battery/Aspire BVC Tank + CE5 Coil/Charger/Case/17 ML 65PG/35VG 24MG(" Cold Fuzion" - menthol"

Meantime: Order 5 CE5 Coils: $10 and 2 extra tanks: $8(one pyrex one a bit better that the supplied one)
Stupidly ordered 120ml of 24mg "Ice Cold" from Vape Wild, needs steeping. Also got two 10ml/24mg bottles from dirt cheap ejuice. I have only tried the tribal tobacco in the above Vape but I like it.

Week two: New Shop - $47.50 Kanger SUBVOD + $8.99 for the same brand as the original juice(the first place makes it but they also sell it for a buck more, still 17ml but only 6mg based on the shops suggestion) but with a glass bottle and dropper instead of plastic. Also ordered 5 legit Kanger OCC coils: $15

I have now mixed a some of the 6mg with the 24mg(50/50) making 15mg and I love the taste. At any rate I know I am quite new at this but I learn very quickly and have other experience with DC electronics so OHM's law, etc. are not really a big problem for me. I have not been able to really dealve too deeply into researching vapes. However, the Cuboid 150 looks like a great deal and my question is; can I use a SUBTANK MINI @ .5ohm(Kanthal) @ 30w on the WV setting without an issue with good batteries? I have yet to investigate all of this but this seems like a good deal that will be a bit future proof for me.
Thanks,
MeeGz

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Thank you for the prompt reply, I've had a few people tell me I'm jumping in too fast going from a 1.6Ohm pen to a half Ohm Kanger a week later but I love the clouds and the Cuboid seems like a great next step that will allow for other tanks/atomizers when I'm ready!
Meh... don't sweat it. We all go through some type of transition. Keeping you off the smokes whatever it takes!

Read as much as you can, understand as best you can about your weapon of choice, safety first and enjoy yourself!

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
my question is; can I use a SUBTANK MINI @ .5ohm(Kanthal) @ 30w on the WV setting without an issue with good batteries?

Yes. I have a subtank mini sitting on my eVic VTC Mini right now, in temp control (and plain VW) with a stainless steel build, and it's working beautifully. The Cuboid is the same chip, same firmware, same experience, just more battery life (and more power, if desired) and with a different form and finish.

Reactions: Plumes.91

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thank you for the prompt reply, I've had a few people tell me I'm jumping in too fast going from a 1.6Ohm pen to a half Ohm Kanger a week later but I love the clouds and the Cuboid seems like a great next step that will allow for other tanks/atomizers when I'm ready!
That's no problem, at least when it comes to safety. With a vw regulated mod the resistance of the coil doesn't factor into the strain on the battery, the watt setting does. With good, 20 amp batteries (Samsung 25r, Samsung 30q, LG he2/he4, LG hg2, Sony vtc5) you can go as high as 120w without any trouble. If you want to make use of 150w you should get batteries capable of 30 amps: Sony vtc4 or LG hb6. Don't buy batteries advertised as being made "specifically for vapers". They are rewraps of the name brand batteries, and usually have highly inflated ratings and prices.

Boycott Efest products. They outright lie about their batteries and put vapers in danger. Their chargers are ok, their conduct is such that they need to get out of the vaping business.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
So is there a benefit of parallel over serial or vice verse? I do wonder why the Evic products boast "charge through micro USB" and the literature on the joytech site says, "please remove batteries to charge" for the Cuboid? Would there be a problem charging the Cuboid through the USB?

Considering the video on the previous page showed a fresh battery voltage at 4.28v

It would be wise to charge externally when you can, maybe just top up with the usb if you have to

The RX200 often shows battery voltage wrong too so don't think wismec/joyetech have this dialled in just right yet

I have ordered a Cuboid knowing this in advance as I always use a charger plus the Rx & VTC mini have been great mods for the $$$

Reactions: Plumes.91

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Considering the video on the previous page showed a fresh battery voltage at 4.28v

It would be wise to charge externally when you can, maybe just top up with the usb if you have to

The RX200 often shows battery voltage wrong too so don't think wismec/joyetech have this dialled in just right yet

I have ordered a Cuboid knowing this in advance as I always use a charger plus the Rx & VTC mini have been great mods for the $$$
it'll be interesting to see how evenly the Cuboid manages to charge dual 18650's!

Reactions: Quantum Mech

kingravan

Sep 20, 2015
I think Joyetech has the best screen I have seen so far on a mod, without going all colorful SMY way!!! With every firmware upgrade the functionalities increase and the screen gets even better!! I am totally loving my VTC mini, despite the screwy TC behavior on my piece. And I am leaning heavily towards this Cuboid based on the form factor, price, dual battery and... you guessed it... the firmware upgrades!!!
I have accepted my G.A.S. and am living with it.

EyesoreJr

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
Steeler Country

Did you notice he didn't say anything about it saying that his battery was at 4.28v? I'm thinking that maybe it could just be the battery. I had 4 efest batteries once that when I charged them at brand new 2 read 4.21v and 2 read at 4.23v. As time went on they began to decrease and after 6 months they were 4.18v and 4.20v. Around 10 months they read 4.15v and 4.19v. When they both dropped below 4.10v I threw them away.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
gotta say, the evic mini is a GREAT MOD, but I got it WITH the Kanger subox, and, I've been using BOTH interchangably. The Subox mini hits JUST as well as the evic mini, and it came w/ a RBA platform in the tank. On the other-hand, the evic mini comes with wall-adapter... where-as, the kanger subox only comes w/the usb cable. (SHODDY to charge via PC... Don't do it! lol) Over-all, I'd say BOTH mods are at the TOP of their categories, and, the Cuboid is going to be going head-2-head w/the Kanger 200w mods, not-to-forget the many other hard-hitters in the market.... WHAT EXACTLY makes YOU want the CUBOID, over, saaay... The 200w Sigelei Fuchai? Hmm?

What makes you want the Cuboid, over the 200W Koopor + mod? Hmm? Idk, to me, it's the Joye name, BEHIND the product. Joye has done a lot to gain our trust over the years. I'm still vaping my original evic (version 1) on a semi-regular basis... they make good mods! I definitely TRUST the joye name, and, if i had the $$, I'd be purchasing the Cuboid, if not for the 200watts, but 4 tha x2 18650s.... I really want a mod that'll give me double the batt life for me coffee-table :p Imagine, not charging for 2, 3, even FOUR days!? (u can tell, I've never owned a dual battery, or 26650 battery mod before, so, I'm dying to give one a shot) aha.

but, what would make you choose the cuboid over the Realux? Hmmmm?

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Pretty wild how the Cubis puffs all by itself! Hadn't seen that before!

lol, I like the way he says its some positive, negative s#1t, its complicated :rolleyes:

Its just the Venturi effect ..... Jeeze not that complicated :w00t:

If you ran it on butane we might be able to braze some copper with it

Reactions: JimScotty0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread