Joyetech Cuboid 150 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Did you notice he didn't say anything about it saying that his battery was at 4.28v? I'm thinking that maybe it could just be the battery.

Yeah I noticed he skipped past & made no attempt to explain the phenomenon

Its just a wismech thing, they don't read battery voltage very well atm

Both my RX200 & VTC mini do the same , yet my batteries read fine on my xtar VP4

Reactions: Tpat591

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
lol, I like the way he says its some positive, negative s#1t, its complicated :rolleyes:

Its just the Venturi effect ..... Jeeze not that complicated :w00t:

If you ran it on butane we might be able to braze some copper with it
Twisted never did strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. Shows it in that vid.

EyesoreJr

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
Steeler Country
So I did some reading on the difference between series and parallel batteries and from what I read, if you use two LG he2 batteries at 3000mah in this mod it will produce 7.4v at 3000mah due to the configuration being series instead of parallel. In parallel the same two batteries would produce 3.7v at 6000mah. This is disappointing due to the fact that I was really set to purchase this mod for the size and battery life over a single 18650 but apparently because the batteries are in series the life of the batteries will not be much better than a single 18650. At least that is what I'm reading. I use a .5ohm coil at no more than 30 watts (mostly at 25) and was really excited to see this mod. Am I understanding the difference between series and parallel correctly?

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
So I did some reading on the difference between series and parallel batteries and from what I read, if you use two LG he2 batteries at 3000mah in this mod it will produce 7.4v at 3000mah due to the configuration being series instead of parallel. In parallel the same two batteries would produce 3.7v at 6000mah. This is disappointing due to the fact that I was really set to purchase this mod for the size and battery life over a single 18650 but apparently because the batteries are in series the life of the batteries will not be much better than a single 18650. At least that is what I'm reading. I use a .5ohm coil at no more than 30 watts (mostly at 25) and was really excited to see this mod. Am I understanding the difference between series and parallel correctly?
You will not be disappointed with the battery life if you mainly vape at 25-30W. I vape my Crown on the RX200 at about 60W and easily get a full day and a bit of time the next day. I don't chain vape it but that's usage while at home and can vape at will.

EyesoreJr

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
Steeler Country
You will not be disappointed with the battery life if you mainly vape at 25-30W. I vape my Crown on the RX200 at about 60W and easily get a full day and a bit of time the next day. I don't chain vape it but that's usage while at home and can vape at will.
I usually get about three quarters of a day when I'm off work and a full day when I work from my Evic VTC mini with the LGs. I was thinking I could get 2 days or a little more with this mod but now unless I'm not understanding this correctly it seems I'd be getting the same or slightly more but not double.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I usually get about three quarters of a day when I'm off work and a full day when I work from my Evic VTC mini with the LGs. I was thinking I could get 2 days or a little more with this mod but now unless I'm not understanding this correctly it seems I'd be getting the same or slightly more but not double.
OMG I'm an idiot. I thought this was the RX200 thread. Disregard my last post. Sorry.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Using your numbers:
7.4v * 3000mah = 22,200wh
3.7v * 6000mah = 22,200wh
You need to think in Watt Hrs
Wont quite be double due to loss but you shouldn't be disappointed.

Last edited:

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
$38.94 is price for silver, black is $1.00 more and was what I was going by, not knowing they'd sell a silver one for less.:confused: The $39.51 price I quoted above from cigabuy is total price for a black mod shipped in the US. So, as long as silver is OK 4fv is the cheapest- so far. Waiting to see if GB will get in on a presale... ;)

Reactions: Tpat591

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Some ways away from koala forests
Quick note to those who prefer their gear without prominent branding:

Based on product shots the black version's "Joyetech" and "Cuboid 150W" prints in white on the back side are quite prominent, albeit reasonably tasteful compared to many other manufacturers' efforts (personal opinion).

I'd guess the grey version would be less affected due to lesser contrast and in the stainless steel version the light text against steel branding looks reasonably discreet.

Just thought I'd share this as I almost switched to the black version which was in stock, but the product shots I'd seen didn't show the back side and I decided to go looking.

(One extra reason I like my black VTC Mini is that it's practically free of any branding at all. There's just a small barely visible black-on-black printing near the bottom on either side.)

Last edited:
Reactions: DRTMI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread