Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Around $10 US for the rba base. Also joyetech is sending me something called the rba Base 510 adapter which allows you to read the ohms when building. I am not sure if this will come with the standard RBA base kit or if it will be an additional cost added separately. Hopefully I will have more details soon.

Made me look.

If you weren't aware, a lot of these coils have 510 threading - like all the Kanger BCC stuff. You can actually screw a 510 atty into a PT, EVOD or MT3s base. Not that it will do you much good - it will never make a center post connection. But I still use that bit of info to stand things like 306 or 510 attys upright in a T3s base when plonking them in simmering water to clean. Gets a nice percolation action going that way. Water just sploots right out the top. :p

So... the eGrip coils screw into a Kanger base just fine. But... they won't make electrical contact - the center post on the eGrip coil is too short. It's a lot shorter than the center post on a Kanger coil. It was worth a shot to see if a Kanger base could be used to get the RBA onto an ohm tester, but it doesn't look that is gonna work if the RBA base is anything like a coil bottom. Will need that adapter from Joyetech to do ohm checks.

At least I know what I'm gonna use to clean an eGrip coil now. :D

Vap0rnomics

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2014
United States
Thank you for this review. I have had my egrip for over a month now and use it constantly. Although I have never tried rebuildables before I am interested in trying it with this device. Does instructions for making coils come with the RBA unit?

Yes it does. I will also be doing a rebuild tutorial in the next week or so.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Man oh man- I've had my eGrip since the end of October and it is flawless and brainless and works perfectly every time! I use mine mostly for my go-to when I'm at work where I have to stealth vape. Otherwise, I've been a Reo guy for almost 4 years. That said, the RBA for this thing is going to be a game changer- I can't wait!
The other thing that Joyetech has or is putting out are the silicone covers for this. You can see them over on the Joyetech USA Facebook page so check it out if you want to figure out how to get one. I would say that those that drop their mods might want to invest in one of these but I'm not too fond of the color choices...two different blue tones, pink, black and I think white...okay enough of that.

I grew up in Japan so am fluent in Japanese and so did a bit of searching and although I know that there number of vapers in Japan have been increasing, I was surprised to find some items that are for their market only related to the eGrip. I really like this collaboration between Joyetech and Tochigi Leather (huge supplier to italian fine leather industry leaders) and I want one. syumicolle | Rakuten Global Market: Leather case only eGrip Joyetech certified electronic cigarette [domestic made in Japan / / Tochigi leather Luxury Leather / leather / leather /]
I have bought from Rakuten before (you have to go through a 3rd party shipper) and am all set up but don't want to pay $30 for shipping. I'm thinking that if I can find 2 or 3 others who want one of these, I'd place and order.... any thoughts?
Just wanted to make others aware that the eGrip is awesome and there are more related products in store for us. I know we can't do sales, etc. here. If there is an interest PM me and I'll put the info on getting these things in the correct place here on the ECF (that's in case moderators are also checking this out). Please let me know if I have broken any rules. I don't own any of these and am not selling anything.
egripcase-00.jpg

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The place formerly known as "TMI" says they are on pre-order. Are you sure yours are actually on the way?

No matter - I'm just getting mine from Vicky as soon as she says "Go" next week. Be here in two days after that.

Yeh, I saw they still say "pre-order," but mine have shipped.....from China......they shipped on the 12th. (I preordered them on the 2nd.) Who knows when I'll get them. The TMI was because I didn't realize I was in the Cignot thread (duh...but came in through a different door.) When I realized where I was, I thought it was rude to post the link in this thread. Just didn't want to be inappropriate, but I did want to give you a ballpark price, so I tried to do some damage control but still tell you they're around $10. I think I made a mess of it.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Just realized that this is a vendor's thread (cignot). I had done a search with Google for threads related to the eGrip and it brought me here.
I am truly sorry that I put products up here that are not from Cignot...and also talked about buying the RBA locally.
Feel free to delete my posts if you like. Btw, I did decided to buy the leather cases- my wife and I ordered 3 of them from Japan last night.
I know it will take a bit to get to us but it was not worth it just buying one or two and I found no one else interested in them here or on FB.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
When you say tighten and doesnt work. Does the light just blink and it won't fire? Got mine last night and it wont fire :( blinks when I try
I've had my egrip a week now and really like it, except the leaking issues. I get leaking by the bottom screw where you change the coils. If I tighten it ,it doesn't work, if I loosen it I get leaking. Anyone else have this problem?

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Got mine last night. Bday gift. It is doing this to me. However, I have unscrewed and rescrewed it over and over with no success :( I was able to get it to fire with the aspire bvc using a egrip coil post and burnt up 2 coils on first fire each time :( I.am frustrated. Tried a lot of fixes to coils and how far I screw base in or out and still, blinking and no firing :(
I love this thing! But I do have a reoccurring issue, not that frequent, but this has happened enough for me to be a little concerned.

I press the button and it just flashes. Seems it just does a quick single flash without firing the atty. I tried to plug it in to charger, nothing, tried power-off and back on, nothing. The only thing that seems to resolve this issue is removing the atomizer base and re-screwing it back in. Seems like its a voltage issue and the protection on the circuit cutting off the voltage to atomizer.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Here is a Youtube video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cABblOvmnqM

Our 510 bases are coming

Thank you for this review. I have had my egrip for over a month now and use it constantly. Although I have never tried rebuildables before I am interested in trying it with this device. Does instructions for making coils come with the RBA unit?

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
LOL did you notice how I even positioned those little baby screws?

I did!!! LOL Your attention to detail is always very impressive. <grin> Looks like Mickey mouse had a slight design influence in your product layout.

Have you had a chance to even try one yet?

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
LOL Mickey did have a bit of influence... was just a private chuckle.

No, I just changed my coil this AM...I wasn't thinking, I knew they were coming in... so I will change it out to an RBA when that fresh coil euphoria goes away.

I did!!! LOL Your attention to detail is always very impressive. <grin> Looks like Mickey mouse had a slight design influence in your product layout.

Have you had a chance to even try one yet?

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
All good Dave. We are getting the skins from Joyetech for the eGrip... looks like a silicone case.

Thanks for even realizing it!

Just realized that this is a vendor's thread (cignot). I had done a search with Google for threads related to the eGrip and it brought me here.
I am truly sorry that I put products up here that are not from Cignot...and also talked about buying the RBA locally.
Feel free to delete my posts if you like. Btw, I did decided to buy the leather cases- my wife and I ordered 3 of them from Japan last night.
I know it will take a bit to get to us but it was not worth it just buying one or two and I found no one else interested in them here or on FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread