Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
eGrip rba Delivered today (ordered less then 24 hours ago from Cignot). Just a few unboxing pics with all the "little things"...

IMG_2495.jpg

Last edited:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I tried that. Loosening just a tad at a time over and over and eventually it was no longer attached. I tried several coils. Still the same result. Gotta get it replaced. I wasn't aware of cignot til a few days ago. So glad I came across this thread. Wishing I had ordered my mod here, o well. I did just place an order for the rba, it'll surely be here before I get a functional egrip. HOWEVER- I wonder if I wait a day or two and try the rba in it, maybe I won't need to return it?
I loosened it up slightly and now it works perfect.

I tried that. Loosening just a tad at a time over and over and eventually it was no longer attached. I tried several coils. Still the same result. Gotta get it replaced. I wasn't aware of cignot til a few days ago. So glad I came across this thread. Wishing I had ordered my mod here, o well. I did just place an order for the rba, it'll surely be here before I get a functional egrip. HOWEVER- I wonder if I wait a day or two and try the rba in it, maybe I won't need to return it?

Maybe try loosening or tightening the coil itself? If not hopefully the RBA will solve the issue. I plan on ordering an RBA as soon as they show up on the Canadian vendors sights. Good luck.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Did that too. Gotta get it replaced unfortunately... I want to start fresh knowing my unit is not faulty... I can wait, I think ;) lol
Maybe try loosening or tightening the coil itself? If not hopefully the RBA will solve the issue. I plan on ordering an RBA as soon as they show up on the Canadian vendors sights. Good luck.

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
I did get a few:

https://www.cignot.com/product_p/joy-egr-rbc.htm

...Please let me know what you think of it!

You made those coils? Very nice work. Im not posting a pic of my first attempt. I will try to make a 2 - 2.5 ohm coil when I have some time today.

The RBA hits like a beast! I haven't had this kind of power in a long time. Thats not saying the OEM atomizer heads weren't awesome as well, but this RBA is pretty sweet.

Amazing how far we have come. Something like the eGrip would have run $200-$300 just 2 years ago. My poor Reo Mini is cold, lonely, but I'm sure its happy to be retired.

Next up... RBA 510 Adapter Base, how long before we see that gem?

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
The base should be here within a couple weeks... I never like to count my chickens before they hatch... lol

Now I can't wait for my new atty love affair to be over and I can get one on!

You made those coils? Very nice work. Im not posting a pic of my first attempt. I will try to make a 2 - 2.5 ohm coil when I have some time today.

The RBA hits like a beast! I haven't had this kind of power in a long time. Thats not saying the OEM atomizer heads weren't awesome as well, but this RBA is pretty sweet.

Amazing how far we have come. Something like the eGrip would have run $200-$300 just 2 years ago. My poor Reo Mini is cold, lonely, but I'm sure its happy to be retired.

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
A few quick notes about performance of this eGrip RBA Base/Coil.

Granted... I've only had this for 3-4 hours now.

1. Flavor is very good
2. Not as "dry" out of the box as the OEM Atomizer heads are. More of a moist vapor.
3. The only changes in flavor are getting better as it gets "seasoned"
4. No gurgling, No dry burnt hits. The wicking seems to be very good, keeps up with heavy vaping and higher wattage/voltage settings on eGrip.

5. Airflow is very good, you can also block that air hole to feed more juice easily to coil.

Last edited:

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
The base should be here within a couple weeks... I never like to count my chickens before they hatch... lol

Now I can't wait for my new atty love affair to be over and I can get one on!

I had to just pack the Atty away and put this one on. Nice to have multiple heads, I would suggest you create a Kit that includes them both.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Oh and no! I did not make the coils... Joyetech did.

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
eGrip RBA Delivered today (ordered less then 24 hours ago from Cignot). Just a few unboxing pics with all the "little things"...

View attachment 396518

Where is this on cignot? I don't see it in the joyetech section.
found it.... Ordered.
More than a pack of atomizers with shipping. That RBA must weigh a pound........ 5 bucks shipping??????

Last edited:

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Well I swapped mine out last night and I was not prepared for that first hit. Fabulous vapor production and flavor!
I believe the word I uttered was 'whoa'...

A few quick notes about performance of this eGrip RBA Base/Coil.

Granted... I've only had this for 3-4 hours now.

1. Flavor is very good
2. Not as "dry" out of the box as the OEM Atomizer heads are. More of a moist vapor.
3. The only changes in flavor are getting better as it gets "seasoned"
4. No gurgling, No dry burnt hits. The wicking seems to be very good, keeps up with heavy vaping and higher wattage/voltage settings on eGrip.

5. Airflow is very good, you can also block that air hole to feed more juice easily to coil.

Interstink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
www.K2DesignLab.com
Where is this on cignot? I don't see it in the joyetech section.
found it.... Ordered.
More than a pack of atomizers with shipping. That RBA must weigh a pound........ 5 bucks shipping??????

What is a bit interesting about the prices on these RBA's... I can remember not long ago people were selling these things for over $100 - $120. And now we are getting basically the same replaceable coil system for $12.50 +shipping. Im sure there are differences in bases, but geeezzz.

It's been over 24 hours now, and this thing is working great. It no longer crackles and pops, just a nice smooth burn and tons of vapor. Very consistent vape all day long. Very nice!

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I just got notified that my bases are shipping Tues... which doesn't really mean anything I guess cause who knows what delays I will see because of Christmas. In a normal week if customs isn't feeling crabby, that would mean I would have them aro the following Monday.

What is a bit interesting about the prices on these RBA's... I can remember not long ago people were selling these things for over $100 - $120. And now we are getting basically the same replaceable coil system for $12.50 +shipping. Im sure there are differences in bases, but geeezzz.

It's been over 24 hours now, and this thing is working great. It no longer crackles and pops, just a nice smooth burn and tons of vapor. Very consistent vape all day long. Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread