JR Cigar pitches me the FDA party line

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregg perrelli

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
landing nj
i was out shoping today and decited to run in to JR Cigar to see if they were planing on stocking any kind of e-cig. i bearly got my question out befor the clerk behind the counter went off one me about how bad those things are for you and that the FDA said they cause cancer.

first off I WAS IN A CIGAR STORE!!!!!!!!
seckond I WAS IN A CIGAR STORE!!!!!!!!
come on it a fraking CIGAR STORE!!!!!!!

I calmly told him no thats incorect and if he would like i could give him some more info if he would like. I explained how the FDA went about "testing" products and how they aquired ther "facts". i also gave him one of the cards i made up explaining how they work ect... and directed him this fourm if he wanted to get more info.

its just sad the way people can be manipulated by our "unbaised" government agencies these days.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Honestly though, did you expect a cigar shop to be on the side of e-cigs?

They make money selling tobacco products and have an established business and customer base on doing so.

Kind of like going to your local drug dealer and asking if they have any vitamins for sale.

It only shows how "narrow" minded people running some businesses are since broadening their customer base is the only thing that would happen if they carried e-cigs as well.

Anyway, tough luck if they won't carry them, we will still buy them...
From somebody else

And i am sorry to disagree , but your comparison about the local drug dealer is like saying a car dealer will not sell a hybrid because it goes against what they sell.
Or how about a gas station refusing to sell fuel to hybrids?...

;)

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Kind of like going to your local drug dealer and asking if they have any vitamins for sale.

LMAO! I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Smoke shops are mostly not interested in the e-cig. The reason I was quoted was the "high initial investment" reason. Of course, there's always consignment options.

We actually had a meet today with a few people in Phoenix...there were many ideas on how somebody could break these products into, say, Circle K, 7-Eleven, AM/PM, and the several smoke shops.

Think about this...you're driving down the street and your battery on your e-cig dies. You don't have a backup. You don't panic. You drive to your convenience store, pick up a new battery and possibly some juice, then continue on your way.

The FDA is only buying time for the big tobacco industries to make their own e-cigs and get into such a supply chain. And most people will say "I won't buy it."

But the fact is simple...most of us say we won't shop at WalMart either...but we do. Convenience should never be underrated. :)

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX

Smoke shops are mostly not interested in the e-cig. The reason I was quoted was the "high initial investment" reason. Of course, there's always consignment options.

We actually had a meet today with a few people in Phoenix...there were many ideas on how somebody could break these products into, say, Circle K, 7-Eleven, AM/PM, and the several smoke shops.

Think about this...you're driving down the street and your battery on your e-cig dies. You don't have a backup. You don't panic. You drive to your convenience store, pick up a new battery and possibly some juice, then continue on your way.

The FDA is only buying time for the big tobacco industries to make their own e-cigs and get into such a supply chain. And most people will say "I won't buy it."

But the fact is simple...most of us say we won't shop at WalMart either...but we do. Convenience should never be underrated. :)

HUH? :confused:

gregg perrelli

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
landing nj

They make money selling tobacco products and have an established business and customer base on doing so.
a sucesfull buisness has to deversify to keep up with consumer demand in any ever changing comsumer driven world

gregg perrelli

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
landing nj

you took the words right out of my mouth
we meed to main stream e-cigs. however it could be a trecherous road ahead full of beuracratic BS turing a remarkably cheep alternitive into a the same overpriced/taxed cluster f#*k we have with analogs

Linthorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Bowie, MD
i was out shoping today and decited to run in to JR Cigar to see if they were planing on stocking any kind of e-cig. i bearly got my question out befor the clerk behind the counter went off one me about how bad those things are for you and that the FDA said they cause cancer.

Did the clerk know he WAS IN A CIGAR SHOP? Am I wrong or doesn't everything in the store cause cancer?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA

Very good point! about the vitamins :D

Seems we 'mericans have been exposed to so many 'talking' points in this politically correct abuse society have stopped thinking for ourselves?
Now seems as though we have chosen sides without even knowing what the heck the truths are, and could care less. Maybe just me, that sounds kind of "un-'merican". I just bought an old (1930's) cigar box to store my e-liquid juices in. I thought it seemed appropriate somehow. Pay Back?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It show's how easy the media manipulates the masses...They have it down to a science...
And how impressive was it the way the FDA fed them a lovely meal of yummy sound bites full of biased garbage to let the masses feed on?

I for one have no intention of underestimating the FDA anymore.
They scored big time, and nailed this one to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread