The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Juice is always Burning before the tank is empty

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by Kentucky_Josh, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kentucky_Josh

Kentucky_Josh Reviewer / Blogger

For a few months now my wife is having problems with juice turning dark brown and tasting burnt before she can get half way through a tank. I've tried her on iclear 30's, Vivi nova's (both sizes), and T3's. I've also tried using lower ohm coils and higher ohm coils which ranges from 1.6ohm to 3ohm but still the same. I also tried putting a flavor wick on top of the coils, even cut slits in the rubber cap. last thing I tried was a VV mod and cut the volts and watts to the minimum it allowed.

I know it has to do with her and the way she vapes, she doesn't inhale hard enough. I've tried everything I know of to counteract the burning. I've heard of other vapers having the same problem but they just keep changing the fluid out when i gets burnt.

I will happily try any suggestions because I can't get her to inhale harder. As a joke I told her that her sucker was too weak and needed exercise but that didn't go over well.:evil:

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Suggest getting a Joye eGo-c. They are regulated to 3.3-3.4 volts. If you have a T3 and use the 2.2 or 2.4Ω coil (T3 coils run 0.1 to 0.2+ ohms higher than marked), you shouldn't be getting any burnt ejuice, unless the ejuice is very dark and has particulates that cling to the coil.

Another 'volume fix' would be to get the Baby T3 (sun vapors) where the ejuice isn't as 'exposed' to the coil for a longer time than the regular T3. Still shouldn't vape it dry but you can go longer than a 1/2 a tank. Also with the bottom coils, vaping with the PV pointed down would help keep both wick ends in the ejuice.

3. c00lkatz

c00lkatz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Could very well be the juice. A buddy of mine has a particular juice that no matter how he puffs, what voltage he sets, what clearo, carto, RBA, whatever he uses, the juice gets dark and starts tasting funny. Try a different flavor, or if this is all from the same place, try a different manufacturer.

If airflow really is the problem, then the iClear definitely is not the way to go, too tight a draw. You'll want an atomizer with a particularly airy draw to get more airflow to the coil with less "sucking." But I really doubt that's the problem.

Also, have you tried rinsing, dry burning, and priming the heads before use? I've found this can help get any "manufacturing residues" off of the wick and coil, which will improve flavor and prolong head life, and the priming of the coil/wick will help deter any initial burning from the first few puffs. In my experience, silica really is not the best at wicking, and if you fill a dry tank with a fresh coil/wick, you really need to let it set a bit before taking your first drag to let the wick not only get wet, but let the wick get really saturated at the coil. Dripping a few drops of juice directly on the coil and the base of each wick (where it enters the center of the head) will decrease the initial soak time and improve the first draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.