Juice not wicking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am using a 902 (j118 or VX2) I have tried the PTB mod, real wool, and fluval.

Fluval with a straw seeems to be the best, but I still do not get all the juice out of the cart, I'm getting maybe 50% I also have found that I need to wait a couple minutes between puffs for the juice to wick down to the atty.It forces me to vape very slow. Or I do the shaking thermometer thing.

The 902 cart hold tons of juice - and I want it - I want it all!!!! I hate having to top off when I still have most of the juice left.

Forum people are full of great advice on all things vape. Can I get some help please?

~A

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
welcome to the big ol' club.

It seems to be a matter of type of juice (thick/thin), temperature, cart size, type of filler, lay it down flat on desk of upright in pocket, etc....

To date, my best bet has been the fish tank filter polyfill "packed" in just right and rinsed 2-3 times a day. Seems that over the day the left over juice starts to inhibit the flow for top off juice and the whole things spins downward from there.

So, I pull it out, rinse it, dry it, stuff it, refill it and I'm good for another 1/3-1/2 of the day.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
I am using a 902 (j118 or VX2) I have tried the PTB mod, real wool, and fluval.

Fluval with a straw seeems to be the best, but I still do not get all the juice out of the cart, I'm getting maybe 50% I also have found that I need to wait a couple minutes between puffs for the juice to wick down to the atty.It forces me to vape very slow. Or I do the shaking thermometer thing.

The 902 cart hold tons of juice - and I want it - I want it all!!!! I hate having to top off when I still have most of the juice left.

Forum people are full of great advice on all things vape. Can I get some help please?

~A
why not dump the carts and just drip?
you wont waste any liquid,and its a lot less hassle,believe me.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
why not dump the carts and just drip?
you wont waste any liquid,and its a lot less hassle,believe me.

Dripping would be I bunch of hassle, I think. I couldn't just grab the e-cig out of my purse and start puffing. Dripping would be a pain inthe .... (if not lethal) while driving. The goal is to have the least amount of fiddling with the thing as possible. But I know dripping has tons of loyal users here. It's just not for me.

BUT!!!! I think I found the solution. I tried less fluval. About half as much as one would thing is needed. I was able to (chain) vape for three hours. That's about as long as my battery lasts - so it works out perfectly for me. :D:D:D

~A

ezcomputers

Oct 15, 2009
www.akaraessex.com
Yes, I agree on using less than you think you need... I actually looked at a prefilled 901 cart I got online and it had a small square or rectangle rather of fluval folded 3 times like an accordion, it was half the amount I had been putting in my carts, so I mimiced that on all future carts and problem solved!! Wicks like no tomorrow, uses up all the juice in cart and life is good.... I had resorted to dripping while driving and thank god I tried using less filler.. Much safer and im sure safer for everyone else too lol.....
Love to se that headline... Man killed in car crash trying to drip on his atomizer while driving
That would really get the anti's going against e-cigs now wouldn't it!!!!

Ashhead

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Central Pennsylvania, USA
THe ADM drip mod is the way to go, holds an extra 5-7 drops and will dispense to the last drop. Fluval, foam or PTD, they ALL work. Just a note, if the juice leaks, not enough filter media. If atty isn't getting wet enough, then too much filter media. Once balanced, it is the bomb.
Will work with 510, 801 and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread