juice picking up taste from bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I just recently got a vmod xl from the classies, and thought it wasn't keeping my atty wet enough. I was getting a weird flavor, and eventually dripped juice from the vmod bottle into my atty and realized its the bottle making my juice taste funny. I already tried taking some baking soda and water mixture and leaving it in the bottle for a while, that didn't help. It must be the type of plastic, because all the bottles my juice come in don't leave a funny taste. I wondered if I wouldn't notice it with a different flavor, but don't want to waste more juice if it picks up the same funny flavor.
Is there something to clean or soak the bottles with to alleviate this? I like the device and all, but if my juice is going to taste funny when using it, I'm not going to use it.
Thanks,
Dave

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
One trick I have used in the past to get out other funny smells is a cotton ball soaked in vanilla. This works especially well for ice chests. Just soak a cotton ball (or something smaller if needed) in vanilla extract, put it in the bottle and close it up for a day. Clean well and see if it doesn't improve things. Or, just replace the bottles. A 2-pack is 3 bucks. Vapage VMOD XL Bottles 9ml (2-Pack)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
maybe your atty isnt broken in? i for one hate the taste from a non-broken-in atty.

this may be the cause maybe not. but if youve never tasted plastic before, and all your jucie is stroed in plastic, it might not be plastic. i do know that there are different types of plastic but chances are you have a bottle of juice with that type of plastic bottle. ? idk

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
One trick I have used in the past to get out other funny smells is a cotton ball soaked in vanilla. This works especially well for ice chests. Just soak a cotton ball (or something smaller if needed) in vanilla extract, put it in the bottle and close it up for a day. Clean well and see if it doesn't improve things. Or, just replace the bottles. A 2-pack is 3 bucks. Vapage VMOD XL Bottles 9ml (2-Pack)
I tried to get some but they were sold out. The one was new and unused anyway. I'll give it a try, I have milk in one of them right now.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
maybe your atty isnt broken in? i for one hate the taste from a non-broken-in atty.

this may be the cause maybe not. but if youve never tasted plastic before, and all your jucie is stroed in plastic, it might not be plastic. i do know that there are different types of plastic but chances are you have a bottle of juice with that type of plastic bottle. ? idk
Its a .357 that I've been using for the past month or two, so I've narrowed it down to the bottle. I know there are lots of people who use the vmod, and so I can't be the only one who has run into this. Of course they use a special bottle... I'm sure there is a reason for it, but part of the reason is so you have to buy them from vapage lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread