Juice problems/confusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibberg

Aug 20, 2015
Bournemouth, UK
Hello!

I'm getting some odd interations between juice + coil with some new juice i bought, and so with questions a plenty and answers desired, i thought i'd put up a post.

Recently i got some of this
vapegreen-organic-blueberry-e-liquid-100-vg.jpg

and some of this
vape-organics-mango-mystique-e-liquid-100-vg.jpg

Both liquids seemed VERY thin compared to other 100vg liquid i'd purchased previously, but i'm pretty new to vaping so i just chalked it up to something i hadn't encountered before. I let them steep as reccomended on the site and loaded them up, but then the problems started.

In my Subtank nano with a .5 ohm coil, both seemed to create not much vapour, not much flavour, and a pretty nasty scratchy sensation on the exhale. I figured they might not be wicking properly, which struck me as odd as much thicker juice wicks just fine, i had primed it good and proper and upon checking the coil, the cotton seemed nice and loaded with juice.

Next step in my experiment was to stick some in my Iclear 30s with a 2.1 coil, which i got not too long ago as an out and about, down the pub vape. a bit more social than the subtank cloud machine! I've not tried the vapegreen blueberry (i think i might have buggered it by letting it over breath. Seems like a pretty standard newbie mistake mixing up steeping/breathing. live and learn!) but the Vape organics mango goes just fine in there. Less flavoursome, i imagine due to the higher resistance coil, but smooth and tasty enough anyway.

So my current hypothesis is that these juices don't like the heat from the .5 coil? My understanding is it runs much hotter than a higher resistance one. But why? Other 100vg juices go just fine, and why are they so thin compared to others? Questions and confusions aplenty. Hopefully someone here can clue me in to what's going on :)

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I agree with the Traveler, here... I DIY my own juice and NONE of my VG is thin. It's only slightly thinner than corn syrup... Both lines of juices that you are discussing 'claim' to be 100%VG (according to websites), but they don't mention anything specific about thinning it out. I would have to say that they use water to thin the VG as well, because even a 70vg/30pg (my usual ratio) is still plenty thick and produces substantial clouds in any of my set-ups.
As for "over-breathing" I wouldn't worry about that too much. It shouldn't really have any significant impact on vapor production. All that does is allow the alcohols in the mixes to dissipate. It might introduce a bit of oxidation to the nicotine, but that would only alter the color and maybe a little of the flavor (become a bit more peppery).

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Cheers guys! So odd that both these recieved really good reviews across the board. The process of finding juice that works for me is proving to be long and hard. Got a delivery of Kind Juice organic heading my way though, big fan of theirs!

Seems that you're into the organic juices, and I'm not sure if you can get them on your side of the pond, but check out Potion Vape. I've tried a few of their juices in the past and they were pretty good. Worth checking into whether or not they are available to you, IMHO.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Vape Organics
100% VG w/ Extracts Rather Than “Flavoring
Vapegreen
Made with All Natural and Organic Flavoring.

Personally, I would never vape that either of those

Yeah I wanted to mention this.

"Natural" doesn't mean "better" and sort of moreso in the case of e-juice. I'd rather have lab-made flavorings with the specific chemical components listed and known than something which claims to be organic -- and really, by definition, I don't see how any e-juice can be "organic" at all.

Tibberg

Aug 20, 2015
Bournemouth, UK
Yeah I wanted to mention this.

"Natural" doesn't mean "better" and sort of moreso in the case of e-juice. I'd rather have lab-made flavorings with the specific chemical components listed and known than something which claims to be organic -- and really, by definition, I don't see how any e-juice can be "organic" at all.

I get that! It's the 100vg that i'm after, i'm not bothered if it's 'organic' or not.
When i first started i was using 50/50 with my subtank nano and i really hated the throat hit that came with it. I heard 100vg was smoother so got some, really liked it so stuck with it, that's all. Just turns out that most 100vg juices i've found label themselves as organic. My best guess would be that they get the flavour by soaking whatever (blueberries for example) in sugar cane alcohol and reducing it down to create an extract? Mix that in with the Vegetable glycerin and some nictotine i could see how that could be labeled as organic. That's pure guesswork though, i could be (and probably are) very wrong.

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I get that! It's the 100vg that i'm after, i'm not bothered if it's 'organic' or not.
When i first started i was using 50/50 with my subtank nano and i really hated the throat hit that came with it. I heard 100vg was smoother so got some, really liked it so stuck with it, that's all. Just turns out that most 100vg juices i've found label themselves as organic. My best guess would be that they get the flavour by soaking whatever (blueberries for example) in sugar cane alcohol and reducing it down to create an extract? Mix that in with the Vegetable glycerin and some nictotine i could see how that could be labeled as organic. That's pure guesswork though, i could be (and probably are) very wrong.

So, I misunderstood that you were more after the organic than the VG content. I would suggest that you try some 80vg/20pg or 70vg/30pg if you want smooth with little throat hit. The VG content is high enough that it smooths things out, but by being a little more flexible with the ratios, you open yourself up to a MUCH wider variety of juices. I DIY all of my own juice, and my standard mixture is 70/30 as stated above. I typically stay around 10mg/ml nic or less. Higher nic content also adds to the throat hit. Venture out a little more, and I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.

I can't say for sure, but I doubt that's how it's done. Odds are they're just using flavorings that are labelled as "organic" but they're probably still man-made in labs.

If max VG is what you're after, there are a lot of juice companies that do max VG. Heck, all of the juices in Bombies' line is max VG (though I suspect they thin it with a little distilled water). Good juice too, and all of them have been lab-tested for diketones (which puts my mind at ease). You can also customize VG/PG levels with MtBakerVapor and ITCVapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread