Jumped in with both feet..... PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
I just got my e-cigs in the mail yesterday and I wanted to post an update.

my previous post:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...th-feet-critique-my-shopping-list-please.html

A brief summary:
My wife and I are both 1/2+ pack a day smokers for over 18 years.
Bought 2x Riva 650 mah 510 starter kits and 1x Smoktech eGo 900 mah starter kit
Bought way too much e-liquid (about 300ml at this point - around 20 different flavors)
Bought a lot of attomizers and blank cartomizers (I think thats the right term for them)
Total cost ~ $300

i-JxbnBTX-XL.jpg

Onto the important stuff!

Charged all the batteries while cleaning the attomizers (using grain alchohol....was very effective).

After getting everything set up and prepared I decided to do some flavor testing.

First puff I inhaled like I was back in high school doing illegal stuff. Not sure why I would revert to inhaling directly after smoking for 18 or so years. Needless to say it hit really really damn hard and I was coughing up a storm.

I was very surprised how strong it tasted and felt in my throat. I was also surprised that it wasn't as sweet as I anticipated. The sensation and flavors replicated quite closely what it feels like to smoke a cigarette.

Might be needless to say but, I AM ABSOLUTELY AMAZED!

When my wife got home I had 6 different flavors loaded up with different combinations of atomizers, cartridges, and flavors. I started handing them to her one after the other. She was saying "DELICIOUS!" and after the first 3 puffs she stopped and said "OHHH WOW. These are really strong" (because of the nicotine).

Imagine my surprise today as I'm writing this - that I can actually say: MY WIFE AND I HAVE NOT EVEN SMOKED 1 CIGARETTE TODAY!

We've been texting back and forth to each other talking about all of the benefits and our amazement with the experience. I'm sure that we will both smoke a few cigarettes in the coming weeks. But, I really think that we will both become yet another one of the success stories here.

I really wish I had heard about or researched e-cigarettes years ago. Amazing products!

Thank you ECF and thank you for reading,
Ian & Midori

Last edited:

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
Great followup post! I read your first one, and was very interested to hear what you thought of your new supplies. My wife and I were in a very similar situation, 1+ packs a day for many years. We have not had a single analog smoke since our first starter kits arrived 6 days ago. I'm thrilled that you are having fun, and look forward to seeing more updates! Congrats man!

I need to get a cool case to house all my stuff like you got!

-J

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I'm glad you are liking the vape so much. I had exactly the same experience when I first got my eGo. I almost coughed a lung out when I took my first drag. But.. you get used to it, and you stop doing that, fast. I've been trying to recapture that first coughy moment, and I can't. I've finally realized that vaping _won't_ in the long term give me that. And that's OK.

For me, vaping is most importantly a way to give up smoking real tobacco. If that's also true for you, I hope you will recognize that your body just gets used to vaping, and you stop feeling the throat hit as much. This is not a signal to go back to cigarettes ;). It is just part of your evolution as a vaper ;).

Good luck.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
Great followup post! I read your first one, and was very interested to hear what you thought of your new supplies. My wife and I were in a very similar situation, 1+ packs a day for many years. We have not had a single analog smoke since our first starter kits arrived 6 days ago. I'm thrilled that you are having fun, and look forward to seeing more updates! Congrats man!

I need to get a cool case to house all my stuff like you got!

-J

case is simply a money box I bought from target ($15). Took out the money tray and cut up one of the cheap felt lined boxes from the box that came with the original packaging of the RIVA + added a little metal tray. The liquid bottles just fit around it perfectly.

Seemed like a decent storage solution to start.

gtianz

ECF Veteran
Love this !!

Absolutely LOVE this !

I'm loving this too!

It's amazing that the drug companies and the market society pushes drugs, gum, and patches as if they are a cure......or even a satisfactory method of quitting smoking.

I know that the ECF doesn't necessarily want to portray E-Cigs as a smoking cessation tool/technique. But, even after 1 single day I cant help but say that this is the most amazing alternative to smoking cigarettes that I have found.

I have half a bottle of Chantix sitting in a cupboard. Side effects to include depression and feelings of aggression. I've tried all the others to include welbutrin (and it wasn't prescribed for depression) ..... many attempts had some short term success.

I'll have to post again in a month........ "Jumped in ..... Part III" to update as I'm sure the story will continue and be much different than my other experiences. After all e-cigs aren't designed specifically as a tool to quite smoking. It's simply a side effect as it is obviously a superior product.

At this point I have no doubt we will get off the analogs. And we're only 1 day in.

Paint me pink and call me happy!

Not smoking analogs,
Ian & Midori

MaiTaiMary

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Apollo Beach
I love stories like this. Don't worry about the money you're spending right now. It does take a bit before you settle down with the right juice and equipment. It's way more fun to buy this stuff than cigs. And don't throw any juices away. My tastes have changed over the months and juices I thought were ..meh..are now quite satisfying.The hubs and I felt exactly the same as you and your wife - pure amazement at how easy the transition was to ecigs. Until a few weeks ago, hu was still having about 1/2 pk analogs a week - down from 2pk/day - but now is pure ecig. I haven't had any desire whatsoever to have an analog since we got our first kits 16 months ago. Good luck, congrats, keep us posted and thanks for your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread