Just a quick rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Was all set to play cards with friends tonight. A tradition in our group for over 20 years now. For at least the last 8 years, I'd be vaping at the table. Occasionally a (liberal) friend would want to have a discussion on the politics of vaping. That usually didn't end well. Kinda easy to win a discussion when you're holding a winning hand (metaphorically speaking).

We change off on who hosts, and everywhere we've ever played, I've always been allowed to vape, at the table. Tonight, I asked the host (just to be sure) if he is okay with me vaping. He said, he'd prefer I didn't. We discussed it a short while, and while I could possibly still enjoy myself with the updated policy (literally changed as of today), I decided it's not worth it. Part of me is lashing out at the societal changes of late.

Literally nothing (at all) has changed with vaping nicotine in the last 3+ months, yet as most of you all know, we are now in a societal phase where people truly believe both vaping (nic) is harmful to the user (as in you might die tonight) and harmful to all those around the vaper.

Given how idiotic society has become with 'knowledge of smoking,' I'm quite certain we will be in this phase indefinitely, or for a very long while. Probably won't be too long that we have statistics saying 300,000 people die annually from vaping related diseases. Sad if anyone reading this falls in line with that false information.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
On a side note: if there are children around and you are vaping with nic, be polite and go outside. Same for in a vehicle, but otherwise people need to get over it.
My sister stopped by unexpectedly with her 7m daughter, I had the living room clouded out so when I saw them I started fanning with my arm. She says, “don’t be stupid” and left me dumbfounded.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
"OK, thanks for letting me know. See ya some other time then."

That's almost word for word for how things were left. But because I've done it around 90 times before today, there was some discussion before I/we got to that point.

During that 20 years of tradition, there was a period (of like 5 years) where I didn't smoke/drink. During that time, at the house I had, I allowed others to do those things. Partially cause that's the way I roll, and partially cause I knew bans would turn people off. Same guy that said "nope, no vaping in my house" today, is same guy that once tried to convince I ought to allow smoking everywhere in my house if I allow it in the poker room.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
How much/often do you vape? Occasionaly, say a couple few drags an hour?
Do you fill up homies basement with cloud?
Does homie allow smoking?

I know very few people these days who allow smoking in their home. Very few. Vaping is a 50/50 thing depending. Clouders are asked to go out doors with the smokers.

Say my sister for example, she doesn't even let her husband smoke in the house. If my brother walks in a loads the den with cloud he gets a foot in the *** too. If I have my little tootle puffer that puts out the slightest whisp of vaper no problem. But if we are all three gathered at the same time we all feed mosiquitos (ie outdoors).

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I still don't vape even in my own house, stopped smoking inside years ago, didn't change when I started vaping. I have some friends who smoke, whenever we go to their house I still go outside to vape. Back when I still smoked I would always go outside and smoke when we were there. Just got trained I guess. They do think I'm a little off when it's freezing or raining outside and I'm in their yard vaping away while they're dry and warm inside smoking..

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
How much/often do you vape? Occasionaly, say a couple few drags an hour?
Do you fill up homies basement with cloud?
Does homie allow smoking?

I puff probably (on average) once every 3 to 7 minutes.
For the most part, I've always only ever used KR808D-1 batts, with 1 ml clearos. If I tried super duper hard, I still doubt I could cloud up any room. Smoking not allowed (used to be). Vaping at table in his house was allowed for past 8 years, until today.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Not sure they'd be friends of mine.

Yep, currently not sure how long the friendship will last. If people I know are treating 2nd hand vapor as reason to be concerned, enough to ban it in their homes, I'm pretty sure my visits to them will be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread