Status
Not open for further replies.

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
I'm not up to date at all on the E-Vic, but I just bought one after strictly using regular Ego batteries for years. I know it only comes with one battery. Will this battery charge via the usb cable while in the E-Vic? Or would I use my Trustfire TR-002 charger? Also, I have a old trustfire 14500 battery.. Can I use this in the E-Vic? Or does it only take 18650's? jdgjdfgjfghjdfgfjjd

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
Panasonic CGR18650CH
4 for $26 @ Amazon
Excellent Flat top Battery
Might have to pick some of these up soon at that price. I just ordered a standard E-Vic battery from LitCigUsa last night just because I wanted some Bounty Hunter and noticed they carry E-Vic batteries. I already spent the $100 on the E-Vic (way over my vaping budget, but I figure it will save in the long run since my Ego Batteries keep dying on me). So I might wait a little to pick up the Panasonics. I don't even have the E-Vic in my hands yet so I don't want to go crazy ordering stuff for it just yet, lol

EvilRubberDuck

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Yorktown, VA, USA
Got it yesterday and have to say I really like it so far. The only minor issue I had is after I switched the temp to F, it got stuck on 109 degrees. It freaked me out for a minute, but after a restart it dropped down to 75.

I noticed this issue with fw 1.2 and it seems to be fixed in fw 1.3

Another option is to set the temp alarm via MVR using your computer.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
Does anyone know if I can use my Trustfire TR-002 charger with these batteries? I think I can, but wouldn't want to risk it blowing up or something on me, lol

Don't see why not. Just be in the room when charging, make sure they are not getting hot. Invest in a good charger and a ohm/voltmeter.

Doberz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
NW Indiana
www.facebook.com
So, after a little over a month, here's my half fast review.

The E-vic is cool. But I ALWAYS have a spare with me just in case. Nothing has exactly ruined the vaping experience for me with the E-Vic, but I do have a few reoccurring issues. Almost every other time I use it, it shuts down or restarts on it's own. It's annoying that after taking a couple puffs I have to wait a few seconds for it to turn back on again. I also notice a lot of the time the battery gauge will show 0.. Even when I know it's over half charged. Usually a reset fixes it, but why should I have to do this? I want to just click a button and vape. Not mess around with it and have to restart it, or have it restart on it's own all the time.

I also remember reading people saying not to keep it in your pocket. I found out why yesterday.. The entire head came off exposing the black and red wires. It was an easy enough fix, just took some super glue. But still... Kind of stupid a 100$ device can come apart like that just from being in my pocket.

All this being said, I still like my E-Vic. I just think the build quality could have been a lot better, especially factoring in the price. And the reset, shut off, showing 0 on the battery gauge, is all stupid and annoying. But still doesn't exactly ruin the experience for me. Maybe with some more firmware updates they will perfect these issues? I don't think it's a faulty battery because I bought a spare from a separate website and they both do the same thing.

So in closing.. My advice to people trying to decide if this device is for them.. Just wait, and hopefully they will improve the build quality and firmware. As of right now it almost feels like I'm a guinea pig testing out a new device before it hits the market.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Just a quickie, why are flat tops better? i am using button tops that i use in the Vamo.

Will fit better and will get a better conection with the niple on the head, the niple top batterie can ofset a bit the niple to niple conection and not make good contact in the other niple of the head

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

ChadGio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Tampa Florida

The E-vic is cool. But I ALWAYS have a spare with me just in case. Nothing has exactly ruined the vaping experience for me with the E-Vic, but I do have a few reoccurring issues. Almost every other time I use it, it shuts down or restarts on it's own. It's annoying that after taking a couple puffs I have to wait a few seconds for it to turn back on again. I also notice a lot of the time the battery gauge will show 0.. Even when I know it's over half charged. Usually a reset fixes it, but why should I have to do this? I want to just click a button and vape. Not mess around with it and have to restart it, or have it restart on it's own all the time.

I also remember reading people saying not to keep it in your pocket. I found out why yesterday.. The entire head came off exposing the black and red wires. It was an easy enough fix, just took some super glue. But still... Kind of stupid a 100$ device can come apart like that just from being in my pocket.

All this being said, I still like my E-Vic. I just think the build quality could have been a lot better, especially factoring in the price. And the reset, shut off, showing 0 on the battery gauge, is all stupid and annoying. But still doesn't exactly ruin the experience for me. Maybe with some more firmware updates they will perfect these issues? I don't think it's a faulty battery because I bought a spare from a separate website and they both do the same thing.

So in closing.. My advice to people trying to decide if this device is for them.. Just wait, and hopefully they will improve the build quality and firmware. As of right now it almost feels like I'm a guinea pig testing out a new device before it hits the market.

It sounds like you got the older version. They released a revised one that has 2 screws in the top of the control head to keep it from popping off. You may want to contact your vender and see if it can be swapped out with version 2. If not there are some discussions about using epoxy to secure it back on.

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL

Yup, sounds like you got the older version. Like someone else said, the new version has the top screwed in to better secure it.

Have you updated to v. 1.3? I haven't experienced any of the software issues you described.

As for it going in to sleep mode in between vaping sessions, you can adjust the settings to keep it always on. However, the battery life will be significantly shorter if you do this.

Keeping ANY electronic device in your pocket is not the brightest of ideas. Get or make a lanyard to carry it around your neck if you want to keep it handy at all times.

Just give it time... to my understanding, this is your first mod/APV, right? The Evic is not really different from any other mod/APV on the market... just has more settings to toy around with thanks to it being completely computerized. If you want something tougher, look at the mods/APVs that make durability their prime focus (Zmax/Vape-Pro/Lavatube/Provari/etc.), as this is not the prime focus of the Evic. The Evic's prime focus is being high tech instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread