Just bought Sigelei Vmax v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hey all!
I decided to upgrade from my twist to the vmax and I really can't wait to try it out. I noticed it comes with a cartotank which I have never used before. Anyone have experience with the one it comes with? I have a mini aspire nautilus and I'm kind of reluctant to try anything else because I've been so impressed. I got the kit from vaporbeast which seemed to be a really good deal. Anyways, Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

I apologize I just realized I have more than 5 posts so I could have put this in the appropriate section

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thanks for quick replies! Looks like I'll just stick with the nautilus and maybe try it out down the road. I was hesitant to buy it because I wasn't sure what the difference would be(aside from all the programmable stuff) in the vape. I kind of figured if 7 watts is being put out its 7 watts regardless. I am excited for the extra battery life though!

Also just realized I put vmax! My bad!

MORTIS e

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I have the Sigelei Legend V2 which seems to have the identical chip specs as that Zmax V3, except the Legend has a gyro sensor which allows you to change settings by tilting it left or right. I am however glad my Legend V2 does not have the 'w@nker' mode of the V1 requiring you to jerk it to enter the menu; the V2 simply requires the usual 5 clicks of the fire button.

As I said, it looks to have the same chip specs as the Legend V2, and so far my Legend works perfectly as designed; however, you might be surprised to hear that I actually prefer the way my Evod VV and Aspire CF VV batteries fire my Nautilus Mini. In other words, I don't think a volt is a volt and a watt is a watt regardless of device.
I don't know if the Zmax V3 fires the same as the Legend V2 but I suspect they do, as well as many other regulated devices. Many such regulated mods use what is called Pulse Width Modulation in order to essentially provide the user-set voltage to the coil. I personally don't find this kind of regulation to give as clean and consistent of voltage as do regulated devices that are not Pulse Width Modulated, such as Provari, Vapor Shark, any DNA mod, and even the MPV-2, to name a few.
However, this is not what bothers me the most about many regulated mods. What bothers be more is that my Legend, and likely your Zmaz and many others, seem to ramp up the voltage when you click the fire button, then take up to 0.5 - 1 second for the voltage to fade from the coil. Whereas when I hit the fire button on my Evod VV or Aspire CF VV, the voltage feels like it hits the coil full force immediately, and when I release the button the coil instantly goes quiet and stops firing.

I've noticed that only a couple of online reviewers mention the above noted behaviour on some regulated mods, probably because they don't notice it or it doesn't bother them and so is not worth mentioning. Also perhaps because many vapers take loooog drags on their setups which could make the behaviour less noticeable or less bothersome to the vape experience - I don't know.
A friend of mine never noticed it on his Sigelei, and when I pointed it out, he didn't care anyway, and you may not either. This is just my particular brand of OCD and I just really prefer a good, fast, and clean line of DC voltage going to my coil.
Otherwise these newer Sigelei tube mods are beautiful looking with bright and easy to read screens, and in my experience work precisely as intended. And of course when in 18650 mode they get much longer battery life than my ego batteries.

And lastly, I think you'll really like the finishing on all the stainless steel parts on these later model Sigelies. The threads are smooth and the feel of the metal in your hand is almost sensual; you'll enjoy fondling it,... or maybe I'm just a pervert about finely crafted machinery :D

Here's my Legend in 18650 mode:

i-zcS2kjC-X2.jpg

kwill36

Aug 28, 2014
Austin, TX
Does the V2 legend have the same spinning button like the original where it doesn't stay centered? I've been thinking of getting one or the 20w version, but can save 25 bucks going with the v2. The button would really annoy. Not so sure about the PWM, although I have seen one video that you can clearly tell it's still firing a half second after letting the button go. Just not sure how much that will really cause me to tell the difference in vaping quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread