Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I ordered some online from Northern, but it hasn't come yet. Someone told me about a local smoke shop that might have some so I went by there and they did have two flavors of General Snus. I bought a can of the mint, white portion. I just wanted something to use when I can't be vaping away and want to be discrete. Also, just wanted to give it a try.

So, stuck some in and it's okay so far. What should I expect? I've been using an e-cig for about 2.5 months, so I'm wondering if the nicotine is going to be too much for me.

I ordered a variety of stuff from Northern:

Offroad Coola, white portion
Offroad Frosted, white portion
Jakobbsons Mint, strong portion
Goeteburgs Rape, white mini portion
General, white portion

So, does it pretty much go under the upper lip and you just leave it there? Do you move it around in you mouth? I know when I was using the nicotine gum I'd stick it between my upper or lower lip for a while, then give it a few chews and move it around. I know I'm not going to chew the snus, but do you vary where you place it?

Starting to taste kind of salty now. Hmmm.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Some people do move it after a little while. I don't. I put it in place and it stays there til I'm done with it. I like to put my portions in the very back on either side. Different snus will have varying degrees of saltiness. It takes a week or two to get used to it and then you won't even notice it. The mint is an 8mg portion and I think the ones you ordered are too. That is what is referred to as a regular portion. It is the standard strength. I use a mix of 16-8mg portions depending on my current need. Sometimes it's nice to have a strong or extra strong when you need it. I haven't bought from buysnus before. I have bought from northerner before but their prices are quite a bit higher than some other places now. I usually do big stocking orders from snuscentral and even though the shipping is about $30, the price per can still comes out cheaper than northerner. Also, northerner charges tax and snuscentral does not since they are in Sweden. I usually get orders within three days.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks (to both of you) for the information.

I'm not sure snus is going to be for me. I think for the 'trial' amount I ordered Northern was okay as far as the combined price with shipping. If it turns out I want to order a bunch I will check out those other sites with the higher shipping to see how they compare for overall cost. The taxes weren't too bad for my small little order. I think it was only like $1.20 or so.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah that's not bad. It depends on what state you live in. Each state has it's own tax rate. I always try the same order on two or three different sites and then go with the cheapest. My last order ended up being about $3 a can average and I go thru a little over two cans a week. Now if I could make myself stop buying all this ecig stuff I don't need then I might actually come out ahead compared to what I was spending on smokes.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Oh, it was $1.12 tax. I just checked the invoice in my email.

I'm afraid I've maybe wasted my money though. I wish I had just bought this one can from the smoke shop before I ordered several cans online. Maybe I will like some of the other flavors/brands better than the one I got here. Oh well. I used to spend way more than that on nicotine gum, so I guess it's not too bad.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Another thing to keep in mind, especially this time of year, is that you may find some free shipping offers. I think it was Snuscentral was giving free shipping on a 2 or 3 hundred dollar order. If you find some you like, buying a number of rolls can fill your needs for a year or at least that's what I've been doing. The What's under your lip thread usually has posts when special offers come down.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm enjoying the snus more today. I just had to accept the sort of bitter salty taste. Kind of similar to switching brands of nicotine gum, I guess. At first it's like, "BLEH, this tastes weird", then it gets better.

I will be on the look out for shipping sales if I decide to stick with it. Thanks for the advice.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's good to hear. You really have to give it a chance. After two years using snus, I can't imagine a day without it. I do like having a variety of flavors and strengths on hand to fit any situation. Very seldom do I use the same one twice in a row except for the general mint.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Spaz, I felt the same way about the salt at first. I think it was worse because I started with a can or two of Camel. However after a week or so I didn't notice the saltiness. Like Hitt, I'm all over the place on brands, usually having a half dozen open and filling my carrying can with whatever hits my fancy that morning.

I'm awful at describing what a particular snus tastes like because they cross flavor in the can I carry.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Roth I used to mix the general mint and offroad coffee vanilla in a can on purpose so the flavors would mix. It was really quite good. I wonder why icetool or someone doesn't make a travel can with different sections in it for carrying different ones. We can't be the only ones that like a variety.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread