Where to order snus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Different brands of snus will have different tax rates.

PACT Act

Due to the way US State taxes are structured, some brands will be taxed higher than others. The brands we recommend from a taxation standpoint are Gotlandssnus, Jakobsson's, Thunder and Offroad. These brands will only cost our US customers a fraction more than they did before.

If you were ordering some thunder the tax increase would be a good deal less then Swedish Match products. It looks like HI has a smokeless tobacco tax of 70% of wholesale. That's nearly as bad as WI at 100% or wholesale.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Since the pact act was passed, tobacco can't be shipped usps and has to go ups with an adult signature required so the shipping charges are a lot more than they used to be. Snuscentral used to have a lot better prices than the ones you mentioned and often ran shipping specials so between saving on the snus and the discounted shipping, it was actually cheaper and faster thru snuscentral. However, I have noticed that they have raised their prices and don't offer the shipping discounts anymore so it's anybody's game now. That is unless your state has high tobacco taxes like stubby's. Then it's much cheaper to go with snuscentral.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    www.guttermouthelectronics.com
    I have found that the shipping rates for Northerner/Snus.com/buysnus are less than half those of snuscentral. I recently paid $13.xx for a roll at snus.com. The same order would have cost me $30 to ship from snuscentral.

What's up with these shipping charges??? :blink:

snuscentral has a base shipping rate on everything up to like a pound and a half or something. it's only cheaper to order from them if you order in bulk.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Thanks for the info. I just started snusing, so I want to try different brands and flavors, etc. These shipping charges kind of make it difficult. You really have to commit to a big order for it to be cost effective.

I've noticed most of the sites tend to have "sampler packs". I guess that would be a good place to start.

Thanks again.

It's been a real PITA since the PACT act went into effect. It was much easier and cheaper before the gov'ment screwed things up........again.

It's much harder now for beginners as shipping is much higher. Need I mention taxes if you order from a US based warehouse. Once you figure out what you like it's not so bad as you can make large orders to make the shipping not bit quite so much. I usually order about 5 rolls or more. You might also want to check out if a vender has some swedish snus locally. Northerner is distributing he V2, gotlandsnus, and odens in brick and mortar stores. There is also general snus at a bunch of places.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    On my last order I got a couple rolls of my regulars and then got two or three cans of a several different ones that I wanted to try that were new realeases. It's a little more expensive to order less than a roll of each but you can still put together a large order and get a bunch of different ones to try. Also, if there are some you don't like then you can re-sell them. I would buy some if they were ones I liked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread