Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

dailywalker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Fantastica
So I had a full physical when I quit smoking. I figured it was about time to do this. I am in my forty's now so its time to get serious. I quit my worst habit of all time.

I found found out a bunch of things. I have gained weight steady since I quit but I am leveling off now. She said I was well in my BMI. I have COPD. I have allergies.

I am allergic to several simple things. Grass and dust are my biggest offenders. Maybe quitting smoking masked all of this and I have been noticing every little thing to make comparisons as much to document it in my records at the docs office during my visits.

I do take an over the counter antihistamine to combat this since I now live in the #1 place for allergies.

I plan on dealing with one thing at a time though.

Good luck to you all!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So I had a full physical when I quit smoking. I figured it was about time to do this. I am in my forty's now so its time to get serious. I quit my worst habit of all time.

I found found out a bunch of things. I have gained weight steady since I quit but I am leveling off now. She said I was well in my BMI. I have COPD. I have allergies.

I am allergic to several simple things. Grass and dust are my biggest offenders. Maybe quitting smoking masked all of this and I have been noticing every little thing to make comparisons as much to document it in my records at the docs office during my visits.

I do take an over the counter antihistamine to combat this since I now live in the #1 place for allergies.

Good luck to you all!

Empathies on the grass allergy! I hate this time of year, everybody and their damn brother is cutting grass, every day of the week it seems like! I need to wear a full-fledged gas mask this time of year!

My other ones are mold -- yes, penicillin too -- and petrochemical exhaust, and some detergents -- and I figured out that the detergent allergy is why I'm allergic to cats, when I read that cats' saliva has detergent in it, which is why they lick themselves constantly; they really are cleaning themselves. Thank god for Zyrtec is all I can say. One pill a day, and mostly I avoid symptoms, but if my eyes start to bother me, I sometimes take half a benadryl.

Andria

Definitely some runny nose going on in the early stages, but it petered off after awhile. Now it seems like I am at the other end of the spectrum, I always feel dryer after a day of heavy vaping and have been drinking A LOT of water, seems like I am always thirsty. As an added side bonus, soda consumption has gone down because it doesn't have the hydrating effect that I now need to vape a whole day.

Good luck to you all!

I have bad allergies too, had them even before I started smoking but since I stopped smoking my allergies aren't as bad as when I was smoking full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread