Status
Not open for further replies.

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
but now it performs as well as much simpler mods.

I'm still kinda new to GG too but that sounds kinda weird? :blink:

You can keep it safe and still hit very hard. That's why I think JustGG is the best mech out there.

Could you explain that a little BoratNJ? I have several mechs with springs that have a consistant low V-drop. That's not that special. Or am I missing something?

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
Ultra sonic bath give this boost in performence but it's
good for a period,then there is degradation.
Maybe some one month it's hold as so.

You r right soul when all cleaned properly no actual need to bypass spring.

But the bypass give performence even when not all totally cleaned.

Are there instructions somewhere on cleaning it? I have an ultra sonic cleaner so I'd like to try using it for this. My wife still uses Kanger tanks and I use cheap vodka in the cleaner, but something tells me that would be harmful to the GG.

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk.

BoratNJ

Sep 15, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Check out Bishopheals' videos. You'll need Nevr Dull ( for threads ), Cape Cod cloths ( for polishing ) and a cartomizer (to mount GG on a drill). I know there are other ways to clean it but this works for me and nevrdull is readily available on amazon. And by works I mean that my brass GG looks as new and performs better than when I first got it. And I personally believe that even a new GG needs to be cleaned. For example, I recently received solid brass 18650 tube from ESG and cleaned its threads right away. There was a LOT of dirt left on the cotton even though the tube and threads looked nice and clean. This cleanness deceiving though and I think ultrasonic bath is useless. Of course it will likely remove visible dirt but you still have to work the threads with kerosene. In fact that's exactly what Imeo is saying in his cleaning tutorials. And Nevr Dull is just a cotton soaked in kerosene, conveniently packaged.

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
No prob, I've been using NeverDull for years. Good stuff. But the fact that the cotton gets 'dirty' is not in indication the cleaned material was dirty. NeverDull is a polish and it takes material away (a tiny bit) from the treated material. So the cotton will always get dirty when you use it. No matter how clean the treated object was.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Check out Bishopheals' videos. You'll need Nevr Dull ( for threads ), Cape Cod cloths ( for polishing ) and a cartomizer (to mount GG on a drill). I know there are other ways to clean it but this works for me and nevrdull is readily available on amazon. And by works I mean that my brass GG looks as new and performs better than when I first got it. And I personally believe that even a new GG needs to be cleaned. For example, I recently received solid brass 18650 tube from ESG and cleaned its threads right away. There was a LOT of dirt left on the cotton even though the tube and threads looked nice and clean. This cleanness deceiving though and I think ultrasonic bath is useless. Of course it will likely remove visible dirt but you still have to work the threads with kerosene. In fact that's exactly what Imeo is saying in his cleaning tutorials. And Nevr Dull is just a cotton soaked in kerosene, conveniently packaged.

Hi Borat, do you have any link or video explaining how to mount the GG on a drill using a cartomizer?

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Hi Borat, do you have any link or video explaining how to mount the GG on a drill using a cartomizer?

it can be made by using the 510 lid but I would not recommend this method
to any, as it's potential to some nasty disasters.

I use only rotate polish pad on a screw driver while I hold the GG fix in my hands
and use very small pressure.
I feel there is more control in home surroundings tools this way,
And much less risk to make major damage!!!

BoratNJ

Sep 15, 2013
New Jersey, USA
No prob, I've been using NeverDull for years. Good stuff. But the fact that the cotton gets 'dirty' is not in indication the cleaned material was dirty. NeverDull is a polish and it takes material away (a tiny bit) from the treated material. So the cotton will always get dirty when you use it. No matter how clean the treated object was.

Very good point. That makes sense. There is always "dirt" from old brass, but from steel and new brass, less so.

BoratNJ

Sep 15, 2013
New Jersey, USA
it can be made by using the 510 lid but I would not recommend this method
to any, as it's potential to some nasty disasters.

I use only rotate polish pad on a screw driver while I hold the GG fix in my hands
and use very small pressure.
I feel there is more control in home surroundings tools this way,
And much less risk to make major damage!!!

Being gentle is definitely a key here. I do shine GG this way every few days and haven't had an issue yet. If a major disaster happens, I will report on it and will possibly switch to another method. But the fact that it takes about five minutes to get GG nice and shiny is very appealing.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Being gentle is definitely a key here. I do shine GG this way every few days and haven't had an issue yet. If a major disaster happens, I will report on it and will possibly switch to another method. But the fact that it takes about five minutes to get GG nice and shiny is very appealing.

It can be done in 5 minutes both way.

Look at bishopheels video when he made tutorial on ultrasonic bath.
After the ultrasonic bath he made a polish to the GGTS using the alternative method:
Holding the parts in hand and press them a little on the polish ped.

It take the same time,and give the same result,you even may like it better.

When we give advice better to be aware not all feel and handle power tools the same.
No all understand or aware that some times things go wrong,and not everyone hand tools
or the way of handling there tools are of the Same quality/capability.
If you feel ok with this method,with your tools then there is nothing wrong with it,but I bet that with all
good intention you wouldn't like one report back on some unfortunate happening.

So sometimes one give or add his advice and the some
of all or part of it is what the other choose to follow.

I do believe it's better this way.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
simple mods have lower voltage drop than complicated ones Fog because of their less connections. But justGG gives you the option to work it like simple or complicated one of you like.
I'm still kinda new to GG too but that sounds kinda weird? :blink:

Could you explain that a little BoratNJ? I have several mechs with springs that have a consistant low V-drop. That's not that special. Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
It can be done in 5 minutes both way.

Look at bishopheels video when he made tutorial on ultrasonic bath.
After the ultrasonic bath he made a polish to the GGTS using the alternative method:
Holding the parts in hand and press them a little on the polish ped.

It take the same time,and give the same result,you even may like it better.

When we give advice better to be aware not all feel and handle power tools the same.
No all understand or aware that some times things go wrong,and not everyone hand tools
or the way of handling there tools are of the Same quality/capability.
If you feel ok with this method,with your tools then there is nothing wrong with it,but I bet that with all
good intention you wouldn't like one report back on some unfortunate happening.

So sometimes one give or add his advice and the some
of all or part of it is what the other choose to follow.

I do believe it's better this way.

Very wisely said, Itshak. I have taken my note.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Mod, if you totally want to bypass spring, put justGG in telescopic mode

Wow just wow
I found how and why but I will not put measurements or detail on the forum.

Guys I just tell you this one thing,no one know better then the one who built the thing.

On the J this can be made exactly as Imeo said!
No reason to take SS cap while using telescop mod on JGG.

If one figure the picture well,keep the thing to yourself ;)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Wow just wow
I found how and why but I will not put measurements or detail on the forum.

Guys I just tell you this one thing,no one know better then the one who built the thing.

On the J this can be made exactly as Imeo said!
No reason to take SS cap while using telescop mod on JGG.

If one figure the picture well,keep the thing to yourself ;)

Pushing the pin to the max compresses the spring to the max?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Even with the cap on????

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Even with cap and the plastic!
Just make sure your screw from the other side get half or 1 mm into the axis.
There are two kinds of this screw!!
I don't know wich you got.
But it does close totaly the spring on the mm accuracy when all is tight and you feel the different
On spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread