Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Kick's used to have issues in GGs that didn't have brass contacts but perform very well in ones that do have brass contacts. As far as the post fuse, you'd be better off with the 2 Cents mod fuse in my opinion. The post fuse has weaker conductivity.
Of course, if you use a Kick, then the fuse protection is not necessary.

To give a bit more insight into my line of thinking, the more frequently that I’ll use the Just GG, the more value it has to me. So:

-If the Kick/Crown doesn’t work and I can’t find a fuse in stock, then I would probably rarely use it, which would then make it difficult for me to justify the high purchase price
- If I could for sure buy a fuse, but the Kick/Crown doesn’t work, I could still see myself using the Just GG unregulated every now and then, so I’d probably be okay with my purchase
-If the Just GG works well with the Kick/Crown then I would probably use it frequently, which should be more than worth the asking price to me

It’s encouraging to hear that you think that there shouldn’t be any issues with using the Kick with the Just GG. I think that upgrades the chances of the Kick/Crown working well with the Just GG to “above average” in my mind.

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr

My eyes are rolling watching the speed you change tubes and other parts my good friend :laugh:

tumblr_ly7pk4ERii1qdsz89o1_500.gif

I love the simplicity and compatibility with GGTS!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job buddy... Keep going... One ss and one brass for me. Make them quick:toast:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
ahahahaha, I was learning karate when I was young stelios :lol:
My eyes are rolling watching the speed you change tubes and other parts my good friend :laugh:

tumblr_ly7pk4ERii1qdsz89o1_500.gif

I love the simplicity and compatibility with GGTS!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job buddy... Keep going... One ss and one brass for me. Make them quick:toast:

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
I see your point Bright. Then be sure that justGG works with kick because its internal diameters are like GGTS that is already proved that works with kick

Thanks Imeo for the info about the inner diameter. That upgrades the chances of the Kick/Crown working well with Just GG to “good” in my mind.

Supacrazyguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Swieqi , Malta
Kick's used to have issues in GGs that didn't have brass contacts but perform very well in ones that do have brass contacts. As far as the post fuse, you'd be better off with the 2 Cents mod fuse in my opinion. The post fuse has weaker conductivity.

actually I have brass contacts and with my kick I had issues , after borrowing a few kicks I discovered that no two kicks are alike . Hence my previous post :) . Personally I would give the crown a try or wait for vir

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
If you are a kick user then be sure that you will love justGG Bright, because of its simplicity and the easy of its use, together with its features:)

Actually I’m not a Kick (or Crown) user, at least not yet; I’m still in my evaluation stage with the Kick.

I heard enough good things about them to spend some money, to see for myself how well they work. My first try was with the Kick and the Poldiac, which I haven’t had much success with yet, but I’m hoping that I will in the future.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
From what I have found , not all kicks work the same . After having issues with mine I borrowed 2 off a friend and discovered that one wouldn't fire in my ggts , one drained battery to 3.8 in my ggts and the last one took them down to 3.6 . Haven't tried the crown yet . hope this info helps .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Supa, that does help. That further confirms my suspicions that I have a faulty Kick.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
You can try to shine the internal tube of your mod Bright where the kick touch. If kick is not faulty then the issue its maybe there.
Actually I’m not a Kick (or Crown) user, at least not yet; I’m still in my evaluation stage with the Kick.

I heard enough good things about them to spend some money, to see for myself how well they work. My first try was with the Kick and the Poldiac, which I haven’t had much success with yet, but I’m hoping that I will in the future.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
Kick's used to have issues in GGs that didn't have brass contacts but perform very well in ones that do have brass contacts. As far as the post fuse, you'd be better off with the 2 Cents Mod fuse in my opinion. The post fuse has weaker conductivity.

Thanks for the info River. I was recently reading a thread about the GGTS, the Kick and brass contacts.

I tried a fuse in my Poldiac, but it just barely fit; it was blocking the bottom ventilation of the device, which is counterproductive.

I couldn’t find the diameter of the Vape Safe 2 Cent fuse, but I ordered a few recently anyway, since they weren’t that expensive. Do you know what the diameter of the 2 Cent fuse is?

The ShortStop fuse looks to be a safe bet, since their website says that its diameter is 17mm, so there shouldn’t be any issues with fitting or blocking ventilation. But, the only place that I could find that sells them and ships to Canada is currently out of stock.

So, using a third party fuse may not be an option for me with the Just GG. The Vape Safe fuse may be too big and I may not ever be able to purchase the ShortStop fuse.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
You can try to shine the internal tube of your mod Bright where the kick touch. If kick is not faulty then the issue its maybe there.

Thanks for the suggestion Imeo. I did a lot of cleaning in my troubleshooting.

Also, I have a good multimeter, which I used to check the continuity of the ground spring and the inner tube, and that wasn’t the issue.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Thanks for the info River. I was recently reading a thread about the GGTS, the Kick and brass contacts.

I tried a fuse in my Poldiac, but it just barely fit; it was blocking the bottom ventilation of the device, which is counterproductive.

I couldn’t find the diameter of the Vape Safe 2 Cent fuse, but I ordered a few recently anyway, since they weren’t that expensive. Do you know what the diameter of the 2 Cent fuse is?

The ShortStop fuse looks to be a safe bet, since their website says that its diameter is 17mm, so there shouldn’t be any issues with fitting or blocking ventilation. But, the only place that I could find that sells them and ships to Canada is currently out of stock.

So, using a third party fuse may not be an option for me with the Just GG. The Vape Safe fuse may be too big and I may not ever be able to purchase the ShortStop fuse.

I don't know the exact diameter but it's much smaller than the GGTS tube. My guess is 14-17mm. I'll try and measure one tonight and get back to you.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
I don't know the exact diameter but it's much smaller than the GGTS tube. My guess is 14-17mm. I'll try and measure one tonight and get back to you.

Thanks for the offer River, it’s very much appreciated. But, if you don’t know off the top of your head, then I don’t want to bother you and make you go and measure it.

Mine should be arriving in the next couple of days, so I’ll be able to find out soon enough.

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
The items you mention will come Chris. I know that people are waiting for them. But just GG came to the market because people got tired of complicated mods. They got tired of screwing and unscrewing small parts to adjust things on it, they got tired to ask for replacement parts and pay for them, they got tired to try figure how a mod works. But they want all the features that a mod can offer. Thats just GG.

Please say hello to your wife and give her my kind regards:)
I see your products as being similar to Lego - I take the parts that I need for a task and build a solution.

18650 and a Kick? Add an extension. 2x18500 for high voltage? Add more extensions.
Need a flush 510? Use the adapter.
Need more liquid? Add the extension to the Oddy.
Vaping Anise? Use the steel window.
Drip? Use the 810 lid and a 510 atty.
Need a small mod? Use the Stealth cap and a 18350.

It's all a huge toy box for vapers =)

And yes, I will deliver the message to my wife. She will ask about a timeframe for the Proteus and I will tell her that you're working on it. Then she'll give me "the look", turn around and mumble "men...". But she'll smile.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
ahahaha, your wife looks like a great woman Chris:)

Yes, its like lego, thats true, you are one of the many guys that have told me that. Before 2 months Greek seller asked me if I liked picture puzzles when I was a kid. Of course I liked them very much and I have plenty of them until now. I also liked to connect pieces to make small aeroplanes lol

Thats the beauty of GG, a game for big boys. We are all children at the end of the day lol

And to be more serious, I like to give solutions to all problems. And what I like more is to give the "all in one" solutions like GGTS or justGG that the only that doesnt have is the 4 in 1 connector, just because most people use 510 connection

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Imeo may say that it's all games for big boys but he takes this stuff real seriously. I know for a fact that he sits for hours on end busting his head to find ways to both improve on the GG line but also make vaping more user friendly. If he finds ways to implement things he's told me about then I can assure you he will change the way we vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread