Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistsmok3

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
That I received :) And speaking about the button, I ordered the gaussboys magnets, used them for a day (I tried 2 and 3 magnet combos), but I wasn't thrilled about it. It kind of works sometimes - but you don't get the same feedback as with the spring, the button becomes wobbly and there were plenty of misfires.

What I am trying now is one magnet together with the stock spring (to compress it) - my initial impression is that it gives the button a more robust feel, but I haven't really tried it long enough to pass final judgement.

If you did not get an extra button head then request that also.

Morrisam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
London, Canada
Imeo my old friend,
Postman delivered JGG #19 and #111 this afternoon.

I see what you did here ....
It's a vastly improved GG Transformer with air control ...
Lots of tubes and battery configurations to play with too. :vapor:

Well done. I will use them for a long time to come.

I don't believe you can improve the mechanical mod anymore ... but then I've been wrong before :ohmy:
Morrisam

Last edited:

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
That I received :) And speaking about the button, I ordered the gaussboys magnets, used them for a day (I tried 2 and 3 magnet combos), but I wasn't thrilled about it. It kind of works sometimes - but you don't get the same feedback as with the spring, the button becomes wobbly and there were plenty of misfires.

What I am trying now is one magnet together with the stock spring (to compress it) - my initial impression is that it gives the button a more robust feel, but I haven't really tried it long enough to pass final judgement.
I use three magnets. I think with the spring since it is more springy/stronger ~ by nature one tends to press harder and connection is made. I make sure that the switch is screwed in as close as possible so there is less distance from the end of the buttons brass pin to the axis.

The magnets can go 2 together and 3rd opposing force or you can do each one opposing each other making it have some more force. At the end of the day some prefer the spring while others prefer the magnets. I hope this helps.

IMG_20131016_200239.jpg IMG_20131016_200451.jpg IMG_20131016_200745.jpg

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
I like jgg so much i have one and i ordered one again but i think air control is little weak without screws.. may there any update for that?..

For this reason i prefer to use it with stealth cap and ithakas air control..

did you try the other o rings that come with it?
there are 2 sets of o ring to the JGG AIR CONTROL
one install one set spare.
that give 3 options how tight it will move.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Still not the same thing; it's about precision. How do you focus on a camera or a microscope?
It's not the same but for some it's work just as fine.

there is some measure of preference as I see some members do like it even more.
It maybe also be that instead of moving it up and down, the like "screwing (sorry) a cap" movement:
the way Imeo demonstrate, when he show us JGG may produce
better accuracy.

Shaketuga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Casper, Wyoming
well, I just read your post on the ithaka thread about leaking into the battery while having brass pin attached to Ithaka so I guess I have no choice but to remove them ... :( I thought part of the point of those brass pins was for better conductivity as well as being adjustable for 510 heights...we never removed for the ggts's...I hope you keep these posts in stock because they are really thin...I am very careful because I am afraid they are going to snap.

Bras is better connectivity but when you remove the brass pin from the Ithaka thats just 1 less piece of metal that current must flow through. When its remove the pin inside the collector tanks basically becomes that pin Just better with more surface area.

Sent from: The Land of Tortuga!

xtreme101

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
New York
Bras is better connectivity but when you remove the brass pin from the Ithaka thats just 1 less piece of metal that current must flow through. When its remove the pin inside the collector tanks basically becomes that pin Just better with more surface area.
So which is better larger brass connection or 1 less piece with minimal surface area? :unsure:

IMG_20131017_100619.jpg IMG_20131017_100725.jpg

Shaketuga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Casper, Wyoming
Both its better because there is 1 less piece and the piece inside the collector tank has a larger surface area making connection to the battery. This way the post on Ithaka is making more direct contact with the battery. Rather than having current running through more pieces. Each piece you lose a little bit. Thats why most high end Hybrids perform so well is the connection is directly from the battery to the atomizer. It works the same way with audio/studio recordings the shorter the distance between the microphone and the vocal processor or what ever you use the better the sound will be. And with the larger surface area on the bottom of the connector in CT you maximize the surface area comming into contact with the battery no matter what kind of battery you use.

Last edited:

Shaketuga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Casper, Wyoming
So which is better larger brass connection or 1 less piece with minimal surface area? :unsure:

View attachment 262746 View attachment 262747

And in truth there really is no way to physically notice the difference without using electronics to measure. You yourself arent going to hit one device with the little brass piece and one without and notice a difference as long as everything is cleaned properly. The main point I was making is that you don't need that brass piece at all when connecting directly to CT

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Yap'bsolutly;) any extra connection is a reducer factor,
Electrons run on the outer dia of the wire and not inside the core.
So in the end it's come to the same center post of Ithaka.
If there is no actual need it's better without the extra nut,however
Becouse distance is very short and amper is very low in relation to the conductors cross section,
It should not be a change in vape feel.

Shaketuga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Casper, Wyoming
Yap'bsolutly;) any extra connection is a reducer factor,
Electrons run on the outer dia of the wire and not inside the core.
So in the end it's come to the same center post of Ithaka.
If there is no actual need it's better without the extra nut,however
Becouse distance is very short and amper is very low in relation to the conductors cross section,
It should not be a change in vape feel.

Right I've used my Ithaka with CT and with Stealth cap and vape is exactly the same...its Jus GG lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread