Just got my ecig and it tastes awful!! What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my new ecig in the mail. It's a very nice one (prosmoke), looks sharp, charges great, lasts a long time, and produces TONS of vapor. The only problem.. it tastes awful!! I've tried four flavors and none of them taste good. I've tried ecigs I have liked before, but this one is seriously terrible. I got it to quit smoking which is not going to work if I don't want to smoke it. I knew it wouldn't taste like a cigarette, but it's just nasty.

Should I return it?
What ecigs taste more like hookah or actually taste good? (I've looked in the reviews and haven't had much luck)
So..I'm assuming it's a terrible idea to put on a cartridge from a different company?
Can I make my own cartridges somehow?

Please help, this is sooo sad considering how excited I was to get it!! I have already contacted their customer service for help btw. I really don't know what to do!!

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
In all honesty, some of them do taste awful for a couple of days, until your taste buds adjust. Some of them are awful from the cradle to the grave.

You can actually clean the cartridges out by dunking them in some cheap vodka for a bit, or you can boil them for 15 minutes, and then refill them with some much better flavors you can find from vendors such as totallywicked-eliquid.com, Ivape.com, eliquidplanet.com, or many other vendors. Google "eliquid". You won't find anything that tastes anything like a lit cigarette. But there is literally ANY flavor you can imagine out there.

A couple of veterans are sure to chime in on this for you.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
I just got my new ecig in the mail. It's a very nice one (prosmoke), looks sharp, charges great, lasts a long time, and produces TONS of vapor. The only problem.. it tastes awful!! I've tried four flavors and none of them taste good. I've tried ecigs I have liked before, but this one is seriously terrible. I got it to quit smoking which is not going to work if I don't want to smoke it. I knew it wouldn't taste like a cigarette, but it's just nasty.

Should I return it?
What ecigs taste more like hookah or actually taste good? (I've looked in the reviews and haven't had much luck)
So..I'm assuming it's a terrible idea to put on a cartridge from a different company?
Can I make my own cartridges somehow?

Please help, this is sooo sad considering how excited I was to get it!! I have already contacted their customer service for help btw. I really don't know what to do!!

One question, cityofthecondemned: What taste are you looking for? When I first started vaping, all I was looking for were 'cigarette' tastes. Soon (VERY soon) after, I wanted anything but. My current vape is a pineapple milkshake. What you're looking for in a vape would be very helpful for members so they know where to steer you!

Last edited:

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
One question, cityofthecondemned: What taste are you looking for? When I first started vaping, all I was looking for were 'cigarette' tastes. Soon (VERY soon) after, I wanted anything but. My current vape is a pineapple milkshake. What you're looking for in a vape would be very helpful for member so they know where to steer you!
Same here. Now I hit the watermelon/koolada like there's no tomorrow. Anything BUT tobacco.

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In all honesty, some of them do taste awful for a couple of days, until your taste buds adjust. Some of them are awful from the cradle to the grave.

You can actually clean the cartridges out by dunking them in some cheap vodka for a bit, or you can boil them for 15 minutes, and then refill them with some much better flavors you can find from vendors such as totallywicked-eliquid.com, Ivape.com, eliquidplanet.com, or many other vendors. Google "eliquid". You won't find anything that tastes anything like a lit cigarette. But there is literally ANY flavor you can imagine out there.

A couple of veterans are sure to chime in on this for you.

you can wash them, but they need to dry for at least a few days.

ravenlily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
twin cities, mn
I started with the prosmoke. If you take the polyfill out. Wash it then dry it on a paper towel. Blot it til dry then pput it back you can then fill it with the juice of your choosing. Theres a youtube video guide to help. Im now on my 2nd upgrade but i thank the prosmoke to help me switch. Ps their vanilla tastes like armpit.

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
I found Smokeless Image's Country aka Cowboy (Marlboro) to be very authentic. The Desert Joe was similar to a Camel. Not my sort of flavors now though. But in the begining they were helpful. Everything else Ive tasted from other vendors was either too flowery or otherwise tasted like something grown in the yard.

I tried 10 different tobacco samples from freedomsmokeusa and found the Wins/Ton to be the best of those samples.

Durring the first few days of my transition, I felt that without the right flavor I craved an analog even more. Sample, sample and then sample some more until you find what works for you. Its hard to find a real cig taste I think. But you can come semi close.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
hi and welcome, I know others will post as time goes on, but I looked up the ecig you got and I couldn't find anything telling about connectors, if you are wanting one that looks like a analog, there is one put out by volt, they have other juices as well as empty cartridges.

If you don't mind not having it look like an analog, you might want to check out either the kgo or ego 510's, there are many options open with them that the smaller batteries just don't have.

No matter how you go I wish you the best with this.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Oh boy, this is sad. I had ProSmoke in the beginning. For those unfamiliar with it, it's one of those little devices that looks like a cig, automatic battery, and sold with the nonsense that "one cartridge equals a pack if cigs." It consists of battery, atty and a cartridge.
I don't know of a cartridge that would fit it. You can pull the filler out with tweezers, rinse it and dry it. Believe me when I say it's so small it's going to dry very quickly.

My best advice to you would be to return the thing and get something that will work much better and gives you options for trying other juices.
If you really want to stay with something in that size range you should look at the Volt.
I'm sure others will jump in here to help you find a better PV.
Good luck and welcome to ECF. You'll find lots of help and support here :)

Last edited:

LuV2SkRaTcH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Mountain House, CA
Do you have a particular flavor you wanted? Or a range of flavors? I've tried a lot and might be able to help, but depending on the flavors, I buy certain flavors from certain vendors. Also, steeping the liquids help a lot! Maybe find some eliquid vendors with sample packs to figure out what you prefer. I vape butterscotch, golden gate punch (tastes like fruit punch), mango icecream... But I've tried and loved a lot more, I currently have a bunch of liquid I'm steeping. So I'd grab some atomizers with an adaptor if needed so you can try dripping different flavors without having to buy a bunch of cartos on flavors you don't like.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Cut your losses. Either return it or call it a lesson and don't throw good money after bad.
If you can't return it, see if you can find an adapter to use decent blank cartos and get your juice elsewhere.
If you can't use an adapter, stick it in drawer for a backup and get something decent.
If you absolutely must have something that looks like a cigarette, get a Volt.
Their flavors are good and they're the only decent cig-like e-cig out there, except for their more expensive clones.
You can get blank cartos and refill juice on their site.
But, I've been vaping since before last April, so what do I know.

wmjmr03

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2012
nuneaton uk
allthough you might have had a shock at the taste dont give up do you know anyone else who vapes if so you can try another system or flavor im new to all this only 8 days and getting rid of weed is a bit of a shock but belive me these e gigs help to oil the machine very well indeed my tastebuds are doing loop the loops at the moment taste is all over the place but dont give in
if you can get over the inital shock to system you may well find the thought of a normal ciggy quite offputting

fight the good fight :2cool:

Brand new here, and fairly new to vaping, but I started with a 510 PCC kit (overpaid at the mall HUGE) and now have a new kit with 2 eGo-T's. Best flavor vendor so far for me: ECBlend, hands down. Visit their page and see why. You can literally create your own, read their reviews, customer service and shipping speed is TOPS. They even sent me a free bottle (Twinkie) which I was going to buy next! So glad I found this forum.

Can anyone tell me why my new 510-T (B style tanks) tastes like CRAP compared to my old 510? Cleaned the primer out of the atty as well as I could and vaped all day yesterday, but it still tastes like chemicals. Using the same flavors as with my 510, so I don't get it? Thanks in advance!

LuV2SkRaTcH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Mountain House, CA
The wick in the post that pokes through the tank moves sometimes from the pressure of using a new tank or even just by the pressure of a refilled tank. Your wick may need I be fiddled with, but I'm not too how because everytime I had to, I'd get frustrated and throw it away. LoL! But I'm sure you can search around on the forums about it.

Wow, thanks everyone!! I was not expecting so many responses.
Okay, I will try to respond to every major question and will post another reply if I've missed anything else.
First off, I will agree, prosmoke vanilla seriously tastes terrible. It was the first flavor I tried when I got it, so you can imagine how worried I was.
Second, I do love tobacco but I don't expect an ecig to taste like this. I like fruity flavors or fruity alcohol flavors. Also, I found an ecig that has clove and cinnamon which would be absolutely perfect for me, but it looks quite cheap (smoketip) so I don't want to order it. But those flavors sound amazing and I loved the clove cigarettes when they had them.
It sounds like this was enough push that I needed to just return the stupid thing. This makes me think the reviews on the flavors of prosmoke are rigged since they are all rated highly. Seriously, does anyone think it tastes good? Yuck.
Finally, Getting empty cartridges and putting in my own flavor sounds like a good idea and I could have a much bigger variety as well. Would I need to add liquid nicotine along with flavor if I wanted nicotine? What are the best videos and how to websites to do this? There were a few suggestions, but what would be the best ecig to order to do this? I don't know much about eliquids, but would this be better? I think I would be capable enough to make my own with proper instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread