Just got my ecig and it tastes awful!! What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasVaporz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Las Vegas
Get a good fruity juice. I recommend pinkspot vapors. Get the sampler pack and that allows you to get six different flavors without spending alot of money. Watermelon Wave and Bubblegum is my favorite. Also, wash that carto out with vodka as mentioned before. New attys and cartos come with primer fluid to prevent drying out the coil before it reaches the consumer. Primer tastes like ... so that may be what your tasting. Keep in mind, your taste buds are going to be crap for a couple of days or weeks.

VegasVaporz
Get your mouth off my driptip...
YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

LuV2SkRaTcH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Mountain House, CA
Wow, thanks everyone!! I was not expecting so many responses.
Okay, I will try to respond to every major question and will post another reply if I've missed anything else.
First off, I will agree, prosmoke vanilla seriously tastes terrible. It was the first flavor I tried when I got it, so you can imagine how worried I was.
Second, I do love tobacco but I don't expect an ecig to taste like this. I like fruity flavors or fruity alcohol flavors. Also, I found an ecig that has clove and cinnamon which would be absolutely perfect for me, but it looks quite cheap (smoketip) so I don't want to order it. But those flavors sound amazing and I loved the clove cigarettes when they had them.
It sounds like this was enough push that I needed to just return the stupid thing. This makes me think the reviews on the flavors of prosmoke are rigged since they are all rated highly. Seriously, does anyone think it tastes good? Yuck.
Finally, Getting empty cartridges and putting in my own flavor sounds like a good idea and I could have a much bigger variety as well. Would I need to add liquid nicotine along with flavor if I wanted nicotine? What are the best videos and how to websites to do this? There were a few suggestions, but what would be the best ecig to order to do this? I don't know much about eliquids, but would this be better? I think I would be capable enough to make my own with proper instruction.

Yeah pink spot has some flavors that are similar to fruity alcohol drinks, the owners were bartenders in Las Vegas! Also there are a few places that let you customize your juices. I use Tasty Vapor. I get Golden Gate Punch from Vapealicious juice, butterscotch from clouds of vapor... I read somewhere that canada's eliquid venders don't usually add nicotine, but the ones I mentioned allows you to select the amount you want.

What's your budget for a PV? 18650 tube APVs + a kick from Evolv is awesome. Darwin if you can get your hands on them, they're usually sold out due to the high demand. Or a variable voltage mod, lavatube/cylone (sp?) v2, Provari v2 or if your budget is lower, try an Ego-C twist (I think SOME vendors are starting to sell some kits but I'm not sure).

But as far as the cartomizer vs. atomizer debate, try both. Most atomizers do get shipped with primer, but once you get used to priming them with your own liquid (flavor you decide to vape)... You can simply clean the atomizer out, and prime it with the juice well, and vape away. Atomizers also have a "break-in period" which some people may not like. But once it breaks in, the flavor is a bit richer. And less muted depending on the quality of the atty. I use both because I don't like dripping and driving. Having a drop of eliquid on your pants look funny lol.

jaynole

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
I just purchased the ego-T type B from thevaporpro.com. The kit was 75 bucks, comes with 2 complete units and charger. The tanks are easy to fill. The wicked vapor they sell on the site comes in 30ml bottles, many flavors. Most around 10 bucks. Ordered it on a Sat had it Mon in the mail. Super fast shipping. All my friends ordered the same thing after me. They all love it. Good luck with quitting. Been smoke free for 2 weeks now after 20 years :)

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk 2

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
If you're looking for something cig-a-like, Smokeless Image Volts have sealed automatic batteries. I've used 78mms that are unstoppable. Their own liquids in prefilled cartomizers are good. I haven't had an unvapeable one yet. I stay away from tobacco flavors thoughs. I like vanilla, cappuccino, and watermelon. I've since moved up to their X2 batteries that last all day and their clearomizers. VERY very simple system. Fill with juice, vape all day. I use Pink Spot, ECBlends, and Kick Bass Vapor for juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread