Status
Not open for further replies.

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Finally got it in today olive green door and black body I love this thing it vapes like a beast with the rm2 and a 1 ohm micro coil

but I was playing with the door and noticed one of the magnets was sticking out a little to Much which made sense because the door is kind of sticky opening and closing. I hit it against my hand a little to see if it was in there good and it popped out. The glue dried underneath the magnet but not to it so it's pushing it out and doesn't stay so well. I want to fix it before I accidentally lose it at a bar or something I'm wondering if anyone has some tips to get the glue out so I can reglue it and have it be flush. I was thinking about soaking it in something but I didn't wanna mess up the paint it already chipped away a little on the hinged part of the door from the added pressure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Lol ya I was just thinking about that a second ago actually I suppose a pic is in order
5urury4y.jpg

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
That's a beauty. Acetone (nail polish remover) will take the glue off the magnet....but be careful; it'll take paint off, too.

Ya I was thinking acetone if the everclear doesnt work. I just wanted an excuse to buy a bottle

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
A magnet fell off my door today! Of course I have to look for something else to order with a replacement.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I hear tell that Robert will be selling spare magnet holders. They are wood and supposedly come in a variety of woods and finishes. They also allow storage of spare batteries and bottles, all in one neat package. The word is, they will go on sale in a couple of weeks. Oh yeah, there's a thread about them here. :)

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My magnets were in wrong, a sweet Reonaut told me this... flat head tiny screw driver works fantastic, make sure you get ALL the glue out before re-gluing. I didn't have superglue so I used gorilla glue and my clamps I use when out on location, itty bit of water, I mean just damp, tiny bit of gorilla glue, clamp, let set overnight. Works perfectly, and the marker marking the side in is PERFECT!!

Last edited:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Lmao ancient puffer! I thought you were serious. I went to the thread. And looked and looked. Finally it dawned on me. Well played
Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Oops! Sorry, I was only trying to instigate a smile, not a 15 minute side trip into another thread we've all been reading. *hangs head in mock shame, but smirks ever so slightly*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread