Just got my roughstack

Status
Not open for further replies.

swoody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Chicago, USA
+1, I have been loving my maxi since I got it! I just found out (the hard way) that it is very durable and can take quite a bit of force without issue. The atty just busted off, but the roughstack is unscathed. This thing is great for a no nonsense, quality vape. Since I have a SS drip tip, all I need now is a more durable atty and this thing will really be bomb-proof ;)

Also, as hawk mentioned, it's great to have a single unit which can change voltage just by changing the batteries! I'm sure in the future I will at least be trying it out at 6v.

- Woody

Last edited:

rabbit13

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Los Angeles
Ended up getting two Maxis, a shiny one and a tumble finish one which currently has OD green paint drying on it..

Yeah I've tried the following devices: GLV2, Chuck, SS GGTS, and the AA boxmod kits from MV.. Those devices have their strengths and their followings, but the Maxi Roughstack is perfect for me in pretty much every way. It's extremely minimalistic and functional while also repairable and replaceable... I don't need a flashy "functional work of art" or a technological marvel to complete my vaping experience- just relatively small size/weight, 18650 bat, and a working button that I won't accidentally press.

MV AA 3.7v boxmod kit is a second favorite. :2cool: I like assembling them and giving them to smoker friends..

Last edited:

gel drops

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
South Carolina
The Maxi is very simple,no lights or bells ect they can have all that.I got mine about five weeks ago and for the price its hard to beat.I also like my 3.7 volt box mod I got from madvapes I use the heck out of it,my girl friends birthday is this month so I got her a box mod a couple of batterys and a charger I hope she will like it.If not I will have two Ha Ha ..

MJBinNM

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2011
New Mexico
Got my roughstack on the way. Quick question - why does the switch need a circuit board?

It's just the way they made it so it's easily repairable. You can buy the whole board/switch or just the switch and solder it to the board.

I have a mini and really like it with one exception; because of the location, the switch is prone to get gunked-up if your carto leaks. This happened to me and now it doesn't work. I've tried contact cleaner with no luck. Gonna have to get a new switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread